• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Social Responsibility Questionnaire

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You scored 33 out of a total of 44.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasize relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.

The bolded doesn't fit at all. My Empathy Quotient is the lowest recorded on this forum and I am an advocate of chaos/anarchy.

The questions also didn't work for me because many of the questions didn't have answers that fit my answer at all. I care about the accurate transmission of information and the preservation of life, but not so much about harmony, the golden rule, or the other options given.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Are you an IMMORAL BASTARD?

Find out NOW!

Morals - Social Responsibility Questionnaire

This questionnaire is designed to test your attitudes to moral behaviour and to find out how socially responsible you are.
It has 11 questions and should take about 10 minutes.
You will be given a statement to read and asked how important you think it is.
You will then be asked to pick a statement from a series of options that best represents your answer.

Click this link to take the test: BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - Morals

***ALSO, please discuss what you think/feel about the test.
I've got some opinions on it, but I guess the etiquette for posting new threads is to wait for others to state their opinions before jumping in.
Kind of silly, but I'll play along. :shrug: :D

My result:

You scored 37.5 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores
1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44

My Results
Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

Background
Scores on the questionnaire form a scale that tracks the development of reasoning from childhood through to adulthood about social, ethical and moral issues. The original research using this questionnaire was conducted in the United States by Kohlberg and was followed up by John Gibbs, Karen Basinger and Dick Fuller.

Most children make decisions based on the influence of power and authority figures, progressing through an emphasis upon exchange relationships with others, then on to mutual and social expectations.

Some people progress to a level where they base their moral reasoning on universal values. Others become fixed at earlier stages depending upon circumstances. But recent research has suggested that it is possible to change the way you reason about your social responsibilities.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My Results

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

this was an interesting test, but i felt like i was always conceding to the explanations. like, my thoughts are much more nuanced... which i suppose must be true for any test, but sometimes i felt like something important was being left out.

i have to admit, i'm surprised that it ranked me as ethical as it did. because really, i don't have a huge problem with lying or stealing or euthanasia, as the questions seemed to go. i'm all for the practicalities of it. though i do think there's something sacred about life in general, and that we should give all beings love and respect.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You scored 42 out of a total of 44.

I have always been fascinated by ethics which partly contributed to my previous mistyping. What rational reasons are there for behaving the way we do or think we should do? Where is the delineation between the individual´s right and the rights of society? How coherent are our gut reactions to some ethical questions? How much of it can be explained by biology, how much is faith, ideology, etc.?

I even thought about starting a thread with the videos to Michael Sandel´s Justice Harvard series to start a discussion.

That being said, some of the questions were biased or too generic, I missed the shades of grey.

Noon

You scored 34 out of a total of 44.

Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.

I don't really like how biased the first few questions are... There is a choice to pick 'not important', yet listed are only options that go along with 'important' and 'very important'.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Results

You scored 32.5 out of a total of 44.
My Results

Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.
You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

KDude

You scored 33 out of a total of 44.

My Results

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You scored 30.5 out of a total of 44.

===========================================

Sounds about right, except the part about laws.

rav3n

Someone fix this test. It's got to be wrong. I would so not say these two phrases:

You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

More like, "Quit the b/s" or "It's your life, do with it what you will".

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I scored 38, which puts me in the highest level of social reasoning.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You scored 41 out of a total of 44.

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You scored 36 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores
1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44

My Results

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You scored 36 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores
1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44

My Results

quick123

Personally to me I don't care if its immoral or wrong or whatever if I don't want the kid the bitch is having an abortion.

As for adoption I haven't met one person who was adopted that isn't majorly.

Do I see a unborn baby as a person? No, I don't care if it has a heart beat if it has feelings or any of that bullshit until you actually come out you are not a person. If my mother aborted me I honestly feel it would be fine.

Last edited:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
39.5 out of 44.

I could pick a bone with every question, though. It was all too deontological for me, and the resulting description of me as a person I think was lightly more wrong than right.