• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Most Accurate Type Test

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't see how you could get anything other than your type. I typically get INxP so that is understandable I didn't get INFP, but the answers to the questions are so obvious.

the intro/extro doesn't matter too much with these tests though. But you're still picking your own apples.

I answered honestly both times. Notice that the test only gauges for E vs. I, N vs. S, T vs. F, and P vs. J rather than the actual functions. The test kind of assumed that feelers don't think and thinkers don't feel.

I'm not a fan.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Function/type tests = garbage
At least this one is consistent.

I answered honestly both times. Notice that the test only gauges for E vs. I, N vs. S, T vs. F, and P vs. J rather than the actual functions. The test kind of assumed that feelers don't think and thinkers don't feel.
Feelers don't value common sense or factual information either. Haven't you heard?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does that mean I do use Ti if I read a description and see myself in it? Or is self-assessment just impossible or am I just a bad self-asseser?

The test does seem very inaccurate, but I like the options give to the user.

Well it's tough because often people don't realize their own motivations. Psychological type is a very nebulous concept that can't always be pinned down precisely.

I'd say the best you can do is read about functions, talk to close friends who know you very well, and listen to opinions from others who study the same topic, and hopefully you'll reach a consensus.

No guarantees, though, which is why the scientific community is not too big on this stuff.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well it's tough because often people don't realize their own motivations. Psychological type is a very nebulous concept that can't always be pinned down precisely.

I'd say the best you can do is read about functions, talk to close friends who know you very well, and listen to opinions from others who study the same topic, and hopefully you'll reach a consensus.

No guarantees, though, which is why the scientific community is not too big on this stuff.

You say to read about the functions. What about type descriptions?

And did Myers and Briggs come up with function theory too, or not? This system seems flawed when you have all kinds of people chiming in and effectively shaping what it means to people (lenore thompson, keirsey etc)

Fairymouse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5W4
Test is way off for me. I usually test INFP but it says I'm an ISTJ.

Introversion (I): 10 versus Extroversion (E): 5
Sensing (S): 14 versus Intuition (N): 12
Thinking (T): 11 versus Feeling (F): 8
Judging (J): 13 versus Perceiving (P): 5

Fecal McAngry

And did Myers and Briggs come up with function theory too, or not? This system seems flawed when you have all kinds of people chiming in and effectively shaping what it means to people (lenore thompson, keirsey etc)
Jung "codified" the eight dominant functions, Isabel Briggs Myers and her mom added the aux function...which was implicit in Jung's work...if your question is who first started writing about how, say, Fe functions in ENTPs, I do not know...while there are some legitimate areas of debate in MBTI theory--in part because some things are difficult to measure--I know nobody who disputes that Keirsey's NF/NT/SJ/SP schema is useful, or the emphasis placed on Fe vs. Fi by Tieger and Barron-Tieger, or Linda Berens' (and others) work on interaction styles...and so on...in other words, most of the quibbles are over things like the % of introverts in the gen. pop or what the 6th function of an INTJ really is...the writings about the important things tend to be non-contradictory; simply different people describing the elephant from different vantage points and with differing emphases...

LiLyLemon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Being half asleep I didn't realise you could tick more than one option for each question, so first attempt tested as INFP (judging 4/perceiving 6), but I think I am generally stronger on the J.

Retested answering all options and scored INFJ (J 10/ P 8). Have only done one other test but would agree that my type is pretty evidently consistent.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Type descriptions are...okay. You have to be careful because everyone and his uncle has written some bullshit description of each type based on really small data sets of interaction with like one person from each one. You get a lot of, "xxxx type will do THIS" because the one person from that type that the author has identified (if he's even correct in this identification) does it, which is silly.

The best type descriptions I've seen are the firsthand descriptions from each type at Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The discordia inc test said:

Results

Introversion (I): 16 versus Extroversion (E): 13
Sensing (S): 7 versus Intuition (N): 19
Thinking (T): 14 versus Feeling (F): 12
Judging (J): 14 versus Perceiving (P): 10

Making your MBTI code:

I N T J

B

beyondaurora

This is a good one!

Results:

Introversion (I): 11 versus Extroversion (E): 3
Sensing (S): 5 versus Intuition (N): 15
Thinking (T): 5 versus Feeling (F): 13
Judging (J): 3 versus Perceiving (P): 18

Making your MBTI code: I N F P

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introversion (I): 19 versus Extroversion (E): 2
Sensing (S): 4 versus Intuition (N): 14
Thinking (T): 11 versus Feeling (F): 9
Judging (J): 0 versus Perceiving (P): 17

INTP

Yeah, in my case, at least, it's not any better or worse than any other test. I usually test pretty strong on I, N, and P, and then my T/F is almost 50-50.

LOL at the type description at the bottom of the results page for INFP: "A sense of honour - somewhat lost in life." That's me. :doh:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introversion (I): 19 versus Extroversion (E): 4
Sensing (S): 4 versus Intuition (N): 18
Thinking (T): 12 versus Feeling (F): 16
Judging (J): 8 versus Perceiving (P): 16

Making your MBTI code:
INFP

INFP...:doh:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Results

Introversion (I): 17
versus
Extroversion (E): 4
Sensing (S): 9
versus
Intuition (N): 15
Thinking (T): 13
versus
Feeling (F): 10
Judging (J): 4
versus
Perceiving (P): 18
Making your MBTI code:

I N T P

KDude

Results : ISFP

Introversion (I): 14
versus
Extroversion (E): 12
Sensing (S): 13
versus
Intuition (N): 12
Thinking (T): 8
versus
Feeling (F): 11
Judging (J): 6
versus
Perceiving (P): 14

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Gah, INFP. Preposterous... I am simply an INTP who understands that pseudo-justice and lack of empathy lead to a lower quality of life. What's wrong with being concerned with the feelings of others? Being nice? It's rather logical if you ask me.

KDude

What were your F and T numbers? The numbers could be screwed up, but if your T was still high, you could very well maintain that you're an INTP. I guess?

I don't believe I fall into the dreamy "hippy" profile of what ISFPs are supposed to be, but perhaps that's just a problem with the descriptions.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got:

Results: INFP

Introversion (I): 14 versus Extroversion (E): 4
Sensing (S): 12 versus Intuition (N): 15
Thinking (T): 11 versus Feeling (F): 17
Judging (J): 10 versus Perceiving (P): 12

Holy...crap...

I'll chock it up to feeling sick and shit.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
What were your F and T numbers? The numbers could be screwed up, but if your T was still high, you could very well maintain that you're an INTP. I guess?

I don't believe I fall into the dreamy "hippy" profile of what ISFPs are supposed to be, but perhaps that's just a problem with the descriptions.

It came out 11T 12F. I'm definitely very people focused, but people who know me would laugh at the idea that I was anything but a T.

sleepy

Introversion (I): 20 versus Extroversion (E): 8
Sensing (S): 10 versus Intuition (N): 20
Thinking (T): 12 versus Feeling (F): 8
Judging (J): 5 versus Perceiving (P): 19

I think my visual preference tends to screw things up. These tests don't manage to capture my S qualities, that I'm sure I have.

Interesting test and questions, put 2 crosses on almost every question.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
most accurate?!? :shock:

IxTP?!

at least it got my extreme perceiving function correct I guess, I scored a zero for judging :D