• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Totally Visual IQ test..

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
T E S T D E R A V E N

Gracias por realizar el Test...

Estos son tus resultados:

Nombre: SouthernKross
Respuestas correctas: 59/60
Percentil: 95
Cociente Intelectual: Muy superior al término medio
Rango: I
IQ: 138

Perhaps a little too easy, but a fun test nevertheless.
Reminds me on the Advanced Progressive Matrices offered at Mensa tests.

8079261061_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Damn it! I messed up that last question and its the only one I struggled on. What was the answer?

Well, wrong. This is one of those rare tests both accessible online and pretty accurate, it is 100% similar to Raven's Progressive Matrices, standardized by professionals. The only thing they've f.cked up is the percentile, which seemingly stops in the 95% range.
If it's too easy for you, try the advanced version of the test, it is more accurate in the 130+ domain.

138 IQ (with a s.d. of 15) is in the 99.5% range, which is high, but not unbelievable. If we take the results of a culture fair IQ test as granted (though they only measure 'g' intelligence), your intelligence is exceeded by 1 person out of 200.
I'd like to think its accurate. I've never taken a real IQ test before so if I have an IQ of 138, I'm stoked! :D

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nombre: Luna
Respuestas correctas: 58/60
IQ: 136

I wonder what the "rango" (rank?) is supposed to mean...

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn it! I messed up that last question and its the only one I struggled on. What was the answer?

Both knots out of the inner circle: you have to add. Some of them out, others inside: you have to extract.

3-4=-1
2+1=3
5-3=x

x=2

The test seems to rank people according to their efficiency (I -> II+ -> II etc.)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No wonder I fail. This is math! :steam:

Math?! They put... MATH in my pattern test?! Yuck. They didn't even WARN me there was going to be math. No wonder I couldn't see a pattern in that one. :steam:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Both knots out of the inner circle: you have to add. Some of them out, others inside: you have to extract.

3-4=-1
2+1=3
5-3=x

x=2

The test seems to rank people according to their efficiency (I -> II+ -> II etc.)
:doh:

OMG! I totally was going along that line of thinking but never quite got it right.

Well done! :thumbup:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is the grade effected by how long you take to complete it? lol, do you get points added on if you were trying to take it while teaching a class?

I got 110. Deeepressing. And I knew the last one was wrong and my hand acted faster than my brain and I was like "noooooo!!!!" because I'd already clicked the button. XD

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks to realise the Test… These are your results:
Name: I number One
Correct answers: 58/60
Percentile: 95
Intellectual quotient: Far beyond the term average

This test is ageist dammit! It also needed more difficult questions, and about 120 of them instead. :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I generally suck at maths, but these are visual patterns, with visual addition and subtraction. It's quite different to the real thing, it allows you to try to visualize the answer, I love it :D

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love these online tests. Visual intelligence is definitely a huge weak spot for me, but even I was able to swing a 59/60 (138) on this one. I think anyone who takes the test will probably end up in the 95th percentile. What a wonderful little ego boost. :)

Yep, it usually turns out that most of the people who take online IQ tests have extremely high IQs in the first place, and therefore end up in the 95th+ percentile
...but that has all changed. This test is perhaps a good enough one to show that not everyone here is in the top .001% percentile.

I thought I was smart, until now...

Oh well, at least I got three digits :laugh:

Now I'm haunted by my mediocrity for ever...

90th percentile and IQ 100? 100 is 50th percentile. That cannot be...

:hug:

Often the hardest part of these visual tests is to guess the instructions correctly...

3-4=-1
2+1=3
5-3=x

x=2

Wow, I actually guessed that instruction right :)

But I'm still not sure how the test measures people's efficiency...

P

Phantonym

Yep, it usually turns out that most of the people who take online IQ tests have extremely high IQs in the first place, and therefore end up in the 95th+ percentile
...but that has all changed. This test is perhaps a good enough one to show that not everyone here is in the top .001% percentile.

I think that most of the people taking online IQ tests are bored, insecure or both. Therefore, they're patient enough to take the test to see the results.

90th percentile and IQ 100? 100 is 50th percentile. That cannot be...

I was curious enough to take the test again -

Respuestas correctas: 56/60
IQ: 132

Can't say that I put more effort in it this time. This shows that tests (whether online or offline) should be taken with a grain of salt. Computer glitch or not, I can't say that I feel any different than I did before :laugh:

juggernaut

Permabanned
I think that most of the people taking online IQ tests are bored, insecure or both. Therefore, they're patient enough to take the test to see the results.

Guilty as charged on both counts. Very bored and mildly insecure.

P

Phantonym

Maybe it's all about the time people need to complete the test. You're obviously more efficient if you complete the test quicker with accurate answers.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I enjoy spatial tests so I will take them if they're heavy in that department. Reading, writing and words are not my strong suit, in fact I feel very uncomfortable in that realm. I'm much better with math but still not very strong.

Spatial and social things however I do VERY well with so I just like doing them if I see one I think is interesting.

P

Phantonym

You're right, Samvega. I should have included curiosity and entertainment as well :)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

Efficiency? o_O Is that what Rango means? I don't know spanish. :cry:

There is no way that thing can accurately gauge efficiency. Page loading was awful. For the most part, it takes longer for the image to load than for me to figure out the answer. :dont:

Also I think the test creator is Ni dominant. The questions are ordered in a particular manner. It's like the same strategy is used for each question with a slight twist. The more difficult ones are built on the preceding easier one. If the order was scrambled it would have taken me more time to figure out the answers.

Also interesting to see the 18-24 range has a easier time answering visual IQ questions than any other age group. (Based on needing higher # of questions correct for the same IQ level as other groups). Shift in thinking approach of Gen Y? :huh:

Nombre: nightning
Respuestas correctas: 60/60
IQ: 140 (o mayor)

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I took the same test several times in the past, but they didn't give me my result. However, I was happy with my IQ. Here it is:

T E S T D E R A V E N

Gracias por realizar el Test...

Estos son tus resultados:

Nombre: riel
Respuestas correctas: 53/60
Percentil: 90
Cociente Intelectual: Superior al término medio
Rango: II+
IQ: 117

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Efficiency? o_O Is that what Rango means? I don't know spanish.

It could be "range" perhaps, so these numbers could be another way to express the deviation from the average score. That's what I meant by "efficiency", but I could be wrong.

Also interesting to see the 18-24 range has a easier time answering visual IQ questions than any other age group. (Based on needing higher # of questions correct for the same IQ level as other groups). Shift in thinking approach of Gen Y?

That age group had always the best mental abilities, but IQ is calculated in a way that it remains constant from maturity until death. A 20 year old person has to score better to achieve the same IQ in every test, it has nothing to do with generations.