• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NEW MBTI TEST

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey Guys,

Just finished the beta of my new mbti test. The idea is to make it shorter and more accurate using machine learning algorithms similar to 20Q.net Inc.

Please get as many people as you can, to take the test - as the AI should improve over time, as more people take it and it has a larger data set to draw from.

Open to any suggestions you guys might have regarding the descriptions or anything else. I have bunch of questions that are better than in the system currently, but we aren't going to add them in for a few more days.

Here is the test Hidden Psyche

lastrailway

Nice
And very diplomatic, too, at the end it allowed me choose myself between 2 types, rather than simply piss me off by mistyping me ;)
But, seriously, the way you input answers is really cool

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Accurate perception of the environment" was a rather odd way to connote "Sensing." It throws people off, I think -- everyone would say they want to be "accurate" rather than wrong.

I don't know how fond I am of the binary choices. Most of the time it was obvious what was being asked for, and sometimes the choices don't fit. (Which I suppose the "I don't know" was supposed to catch... but still.)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey Guys,

Just finished the beta of my new mbti test. The idea is to make it shorter and more accurate using machine learning algorithms similar to 20Q.net Inc.

Please get as many people as you can, to take the test - as the AI should improve over time, as more people take it and it has a larger data set to draw from.

Open to any suggestions you guys might have regarding the descriptions or anything else. I have bunch of questions that are better than in the system currently, but we aren't going to add them in for a few more days.

Here is the test Hidden Psyche

holy shit, i'm an ENTP.

so, let's see, it's accurate as far as i'm concerned. i'll terrorize others as they come into my space and have them take it too. one, to help you, two, to see if they complain of having trouble understanding the choices (i knew what you meant, but others may not. i've seen that problem happen many times with these MBTI tests.), and three because that's what they get for coming into my space.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, the idea is great, although I would change some details.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
okay, first subject came along...

results:

her response to Q1: "what's the difference between objective and personal?"

since i could see where that was going, i decided to wait for the next victim. that's what i was worried about. that without examples or 'easier words', it may be too difficult for many to bother with, and if they do, they may do a lot of guessing.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
okay, first subject came along...

results:

her response to Q1: "what's the difference between objective and personal?"

since i could see where that was going, i decided to wait for the next victim. that's what i was worried about. that without examples or 'easier words', it may be too difficult for many to bother with, and if they do, they may do a lot of guessing.

Yeah, I see your point. The idea though, is that over time, the software will weed out the less accurate or predictive questions after enough people take the test. It will naturally know which questions work best over time that it will pull from it's database.

I also want to have a feature eventually where users can submit their own questions, and darwinian evolution of the system will make the good questions rise to the top and the bad ones slowly recede.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, I see your point. The idea though, is that over time, the software will weed out the less accurate or predictive questions after enough people take the test. It will naturally know which questions work best over time that it will pull from it's database.

I also want to have a feature eventually where users can submit their own questions, and darwinian evolution of the system will make the good questions rise to the top and the bad ones slowly recede.

i wonder how long it'll take to know it's pretty much an accurate test.

i want to make sure i'm around when it happens, so i can have friends retake it.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
i wonder how long it'll take to know it's pretty much an accurate test.

i want to make sure i'm around when it happens, so i can have friends retake it.

The engineers said it would need roughly a sample size of 5,000 before it gets good at all.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I came out split between INFJ and INTJ and clicked on INFJ as describing me better. That's how it typically goes.

MerkW

Hmmm...rather intriguing. This test is surely, of all MBTI tests I have taken, most unusual in the sense of being both very brief and accurate. My results let me choose between between the INTJ "Scientist" and the INTP "Architect." I think that for the time being (that is to say, perhaps only temporarily) I shall claim myself as an INTP, rather than INTJ. Well, I'll be off to change my profile then.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i couldn't leave it alone. i grabbed my friend and decided to plow through. turns out that she's ESTP, and it pegged her beautifully.

this is the first time one of these got her type correct.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
It gave me INFP and that's not at all what I am.
So I said no and read INFJ which sounded something like
The ENFJ I am but it didn't even offer ENFJ as a choice.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have taken it a few times, now, and find the evolution -- or at least variety and coding additions -- interesting. The first time I was identified as an ESTJ, and subsequent tries have been either INTJ or ENTJ.

One way in which this hasn't quite transcended the testing rut is the description of preferences. Though I seem to recall a clinical dislike for situational questions, abstractions like "concept formation" aren't accurate*. Even the dichotomy between sensors' "particulars" and intuitives' "generalities," or what some of the questioning tries to nose around, comes across as remote. An emphasis on behavior is worth consideration, I say.

Edit: Also, can questions influence results in multiple ways, while throwing off the jaded MBTI enthusiast? For example, a single question might correspond to extroverted and feeling or introverted and thinking tendencies -- rather than ARE YOU A 1) RETICENT WEIRDO OR 2) GARRULOUS BORE?

* Or rather, not veritable; too figurative.

heart

heart on fire
You are a Scientist: Also known as INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging

LOL!

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
You are a Mentor. Also known as INFJ.

Who knew. :D

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have taken it a few times, now, and find the evolution -- or at least variety and coding additions -- interesting. The first time I was identified as an ESTJ, and subsequent tries have been either INTJ or ENTJ.

One way in which this hasn't quite transcended the testing rut is the description of preferences. Though I seem to recall a clinical dislike for situational questions, abstractions like "concept formation" aren't accurate*. Even the dichotomy between sensors' "particulars" and intuitives' "generalities," or what some of the questioning tries to nose around, comes across as remote. An emphasis on behavior is worth consideration, I say.

Edit: Also, can questions influence results in multiple ways, while throwing off the jaded MBTI enthusiast? For example, a single question might correspond to extroverted and feeling or introverted and thinking tendencies -- rather than ARE YOU A 1) RETICENT WEIRDO OR 2) GARRULOUS BORE?

* Or rather, not veritable; too figurative.

I don't like reticent and garrulous because I'm not sure what % of the population knows what those words mean. I guess we could have a third option - don't know what those mean I see you're point about the format.

I get your point though of doing more original questions. I had a tight deadline to get them done and just wanted to test the algorithm before I put enough time into the questions. I didn't like 70% of the questions I used. I'm surprised how well it did in the span of time, without much training, but I had to keep in mind most people here taking the test already know what the questions mean in the context of mbti. On the other hand, it will probably help to have "experts" train it first.

I'm agnostic as to what will work; I plan on putting in situational questions or using completely non-conventional questions. What kind of movies or paintings you prefer. I'm hoping for instances where correlation appear where one wouldn't think to look. If there is weak correlation, the AI will learn to throw it out.

We'll see how much it improves as it gets more testers and questions thrown in. Anybody with specific question or description suggestions can post them here or PM them to me! I'm more than happy to add them in!

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
It's best guess was ENFP, but it also let me choose between ENFJ, INFJ, and ESFP.

I really like the one-question-at-a-time format, and the green bars on the side. That's a really cool format. But woah, 5000 is a huge sample source. I wonder how long that would take.

I should add that I don't think I'm really any of the results it gave me. I wonder if clicking 'I don't know' more than a couple times gives you wider results?