• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NEW MBTI TEST

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTP. Had INTJ, INFP, ENTP, INFJ, and ISTP listed as secondary options.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I tested as ENFJ... close enough for a beta, but I'm probably not an ENFJ. Unless of course I've been severely pressured into not using Fe throughout my life... But I don't really think so.

Also, it said that ENFJ's are "happier in situations where their morality is compromised?" Did you let a very bitter IxTP write that description? :rofl1:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I tested as ENFJ... close enough for a beta, but I'm probably not an ENFJ. Unless of course I've been severely pressured into not using Fe throughout my life... But I don't really think so.

Also, it said that ENFJ's are "happier in situations where their morality is compromised?" Did you let a very bitter IxTP write that description? :rofl1:

I noticed that too, but I just disregarded it, lol.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't like reticent and garrulous because I'm not sure what % of the population knows what those words mean. I guess we could have a third option - don't know what those mean I see you're point about the format.
Oh, understood. I was being silly. MBTI fans, however, can usually spot the purpose most questions and are faced with a new choice: that between honesty and projection.

I get your point though of doing more original questions. I had a tight deadline to get them done and just wanted to test the algorithm before I put enough time into the questions.
Certainly. I was unaware of the systems underpinning "20 Questions," and am very impressed.

On the other hand, it will probably help to have "experts" train it first. ...Anybody with specific question or description suggestions can post them here or PM them to me! I'm more than happy to add them in!
Yes. That's the catch with my suggestions. Neither I nor most participants here know with any expertise how inclinations precisely measure functions. Over the years I have played around with alternate questions, though with hesitation, due to a lack of understanding of the theory.

But as you note, if the AI can induct those measurements itself based on response patterns -- by all means, let it!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just took it twice. The first time I got INTP with ENFJ as a backup. The second time I got INFP with no backup. So I'm really no closer than I ever was to finding my true type. :cry: Still, nice test!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I just took it twice. The first time I got INTP with ENFJ as a backup. The second time I got INFP with no backup. So I'm really no closer than I ever was to finding my true type. :cry: Still, nice test!
Of course, life (=brain) is elastic.
And the life with Noah has made you an INTP.

But you had the promise all along.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Of course, life (=brain) is elastic.
And the life with Noah has made you an INTP.

But you had the promise all along.

I thought you didn't think one's type could change in one's lifetime?

MLC: I liked this test quite well. It's the first MBTI test I've taken where I found myself thinking on every question, "Well that's a no-brainer."

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I got INFJ and INFP. Chose INFJ.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Just finished the beta of my new mbti test. The idea is to make it shorter and more accurate using machine learning algorithms similar to 20Q.net Inc.

I've said this privately but I have to say it publicly as well:

meanlittlechimp, this is spectacular. :worthy: I'm sure that your test will become eerily accurate and wildly popular, significantly accelerating the diffusion of the MBTI gospel - and earning you a nice bit of money. :yes: Thank you and congratulations!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got INTJ with ENTJ as a secondary option.

I don't understand, though, the test didn't seem much different than any of the other online tests. Can someone explain to me the innovation?

And is the real MBTI supposed to be short like that?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I really like the test (logistics). Though the I don't like some of the questions. I just don't like binary choices. Plus I hate the assumption that S is always practical and N is never practical. There is a quite a bit of overlap and N can be quite practical when applied a certain way. For example, obsessing over fashion would be an impractical S behavior, but planning for the future would be a practical N behavior.

The first time, I scored ESXP, probably because I chose "practical" as one of my answers. The second time I took it, I got XNFP.

I also don't like the binary choices between extraversion and introversion. It's possible to be a shy extravert or an outgoing introvert.

When you choose "I don't know" for every question, it types you are INTJ or ENFJ.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't understand, though, the test didn't seem much different than any of the other online tests. Can someone explain to me the innovation?

There's an algorithm that teases out the most accurately discriminatory questions. (Lateralus, this means the best questions will win eventually.)

And is the real MBTI supposed to be short like that?

One of many beautiful features is that the test will only be as long as necessary. If you answer consistently, the algorithm won't need to ask you very many questions in order to determine a dimension.

I could eulogize for hours :) but unfortunately I don't have time right now.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I scored as an INFJ.

The possible other ones were: ENFJ, INFP, & ISFJ.

Cool test MLC thanks :).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really like the test (logistics). Though the I don't like some of the questions. I just don't like binary choices. Plus I hate the assumption that S is always practical and N is never practical. There is a quite a bit of overlap and N can be quite practical when applied a certain way. For example, obsessing over fashion would be an impractical S behavior, but planning for the future would be a practical N behavior.

The first time, I scored ESXP, probably because I chose "practical" as one of my answers. The second time I took it, I got XNFP.

I also don't like the binary choices between extraversion and introversion. It's possible to be a shy extravert or an outgoing introvert.

When you choose "I don't know" for every question, it types you are INTJ or ENFJ.

In terms of MBTI, though, practicality is antonymous with imagination. The Sensor is practical in that he is more in tune with reality, while the Intuitive is more in tune with his own imagined reality.

Another difference is that the Sensor is more accepting of their surroundings, giving them an edge of being adaptable, while the Intuitive wants to make changes himself or retreat into their imaginations.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
In terms of MBTI, though, practicality is antonymous with imagination. The Sensor is practical in that he is more in tune with reality, while the Intuitive is more in tune with his own imagined reality.

Another difference is that the Sensor is more accepting of their surroundings, giving them an edge of being adaptable, while the Intuitive wants to make changes himself or retreat into their imaginations.
But the questions aren't that deep. The internet tests I've seen attempt to turn a continuum into a dichotomy. There is some "practicality" to both S and N. It all depends on your perspective. There must be a better way to measure S/N preferences than other tests have demonstrated.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Nice test, it typed me right.

I noticed a spelling mistake -- it talks about "people you feel close too" instead of "people you feel close to". Something like that. No big deal.

ygolo

My termites win
It scored me INTJ, with a choice for INFJ even though I was really indecisive on the test.

Could be. After some thought, and reading the Understanding Yourself and Other series, I decided I was an INTP.

I am curious. Supervised, unsupervised, semi-supervised learning?

What style of algorithm?
Evolutionary computing (Genetic Algorithm, strategy, etc.), classifier system, neural network, or just straight data mining?

No offense, but I'll be amazed if this works.

Still, good luck.

G

GirlAmerica

Short and sweet.

You are a Scientist: Also known as INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I thought you didn't think one's type could change in one's lifetime?

MLC: I liked this test quite well. It's the first MBTI test I've taken where I found myself thinking on every question, "Well that's a no-brainer."
Mine did.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
At first I thought it wrong to have been evaluated as INT*, because I have used to seeing I/E associated with shyness, social insecurity or outgoingness. I think there is a division in how different theories measure and define person's preference in the I/E scale.

I took another test in Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes that also evaluated me as INTP, so at least the tests measure the same, and it can't be just considered as a measuring error.

So I'd say that perhaps that test is accurate, it was fast and fun to do, and gave the same results as a much longer test!