• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Finetuning your MBTI percentages

deleted
I have an idea that percentages are widely based on how we think about the opposite of our preferences and how others express the opposite of our preferences.

The E/I scale will be harder to judge if you're basing the answer off of interactions or observations of forum members. The E/I difference is quite obscure over the internet. Think of what E or I is actually defined as, and is displayed as in real life, as well as all other preferences. Don't necessarily base this off of how well you get along with a certain type here on the internet, because you are likely overlooking the principle of a specific preference.

Only answer these questions for the 4 (four) preferences you have, even if you can answer it for the ones (four) you don't have.

For each preference, answer a, b, or c:

a) I have a dislike of a lot of attitudes/understanding of the opposite preference, even if I don't express it.

b) I only have a dislike of attitudes/understanding of the opposite preference if it is deliberately conveyed toward me. I may see the benefits of them, but they are not so applicable to me.

c) I am either indifferent to the attitudes/understanding of the opposite preference, or I frequently find benefits that apply to me when they're expressed.

If you answered (a), the percentage will be about the same.

If you answered (b), divide the percentage into thirds, and this percentage will be 2/3 of the original.

If you answered (c), even obtaining a high score, the percentage will be close to 1/3 of the original.

Your results of course can be averaged. They're continuous ratios.

Finetuning is just an experiment, so we'll see where it leads (I am mostly concerned that the third-splitting is not accurate enough),

and if you're :cry: then :violin:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
well , I cannot get along very well with my opposiute ISFJ. or Si. I find Si and attention to details is really unimportant in real life.

deleted
well , I cannot get along very well with my opposiute ISFJ. or Si. I find Si and attention to details is really unimportant in real life.

You're untypable, you shouldn't have percentages :rolleyes:

If you have any of the four preferences, you should test them one at a time.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

No, it's the little things that make the difference in the big picture.

deleted
:popc1:

Actually, lemons, what led me to finally figure out my type was to look at preferences I really didn't like.. so I think there might be some validity to what you're saying here.

I agree, but I don't see how finetuning percentages is that important of a project, well unless you are actually interested in MBTI.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... I'm not sure if I'm getting this. So I guess you can explain it to me! Like you always do. :D

60% introverted/40% extroverted- B
55% intuitive/45% sensing- C
51% feeling/49% thinking- C
60% perceiving/40% judging- B

deleted
Hmm... I'm not sure if I'm getting this. So I guess you can explain it to me! Like you always do. :D

60% introverted/40% extroverted- B
55% intuitive/45% sensing- C
51% feeling/49% thinking- C
60% perceiving/40% judging- B

Oh well, you first have to supply the percentages to the 50+ range, 50 being the minimum... 100% A being about 92, 100% B being about 75%, 100% C being about 58%.

Averaging out the answers is the most accurate way for this to work.

Your averaged scores:
68% Introverted
56% Intuitive
54% Feeling
68% Perceiving

There's not too much difference.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I don't get it...

What is the purpose of finetuning percentages?
What exact do the percentages mean?
What is the difference between 100%, 90% and 60% Introversion really?

I really don't see the need for finetuning because the exact percentages are meaningless. Only the overall trend matters.

deleted
I don't get it...

What is the purpose of finetuning percentages?
What exact do the percentages mean?
What is the difference between 100%, 90% and 60% Introversion really?

I really don't see the need for finetuning because the exact percentages are meaningless. Only the overall trend matters.

I don't think it is significant for most people, but what about for those who actually want to take the tests, who are unsure about their type? If you can relate with an opposite preference better, you are more likely closer to that type, and you have a lower percentage of your preference.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, now I understand lemons. This is pretty cool. :tongue:

deleted
Oh, now I understand lemons. This is pretty cool. :tongue:

The three quadrants probably confuse some, but what is the average of the middle quadrant? Obviously 75%. The other two averages are the center of their quadrant, so not every percentage will be exact, but closer to the reality.