• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Empathy Quotient

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't autistic people have weird speech quirks. Who on earth, besides autism-students, uses the noun "autist"?

Non-native speakers.

Besides...

:spam_laser:

... being unemotional allows me to do whatever I want without inner restrictions :newwink:

(seriously though, I never thought I had such a low EQ)

You scored 12 on Empathy, higher than 1% of your peers.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Loser

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
... being unemotional allows me to do whatever I want without inner restrictions :newwink:

Too bad there isn't much you really want to do :tongue:

Seeing my score in relation to others', I must say I expected a little higher. Not too much though. This is clearly due to introverted feeling. I play devil's advocate a whole lot and depending on the crowd I can be contrarian just to piss people off (and they leave with the idea I'm kinda cold). It's fun though :tongue:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Result for The Empathy Quotient Scale ...

0-32: Below Average

Empathy Quotient is: 7

You're less empathetic than the average person! If you scored around or below 20 you probably have Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism.

I win :D

....or do I? :shock:

heart

heart on fire
What does keeping up with fashion or feeling energetic in the mornings have to do with empathy? :huh: I got that far and stopped wasting my time with it. I had pretty low empathy for this quizzy! :D

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of the questions felt very Fe-ish (to which I answered strongly in a way that would probably lower my score in their eyes :)), and some of them I could not see what bearing at all it would have on it (fasion? wtf!?). A rather odd test IMO.

Your Empathy Quotient is: 44

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
0-32: Below Average

Your Empathy Quotient is: 16
You're less empathetic than the average person! If you scored around or below 20 you probably have Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism.

I think I may have even overestimated myself...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your Empathy Quotient is: 31 (0-32: Below Average)

If only I slightly preferred humans to animals, I may have been average, I blame the lack of fluffiness most peoples have that puppies have in abundance.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
"You scored 16 on Empathy, higher than 3% of your peers."

:blush:

"You're less empathetic than the average person! If you scored around or below 20 you probably have Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism."

:huh: Okay, wait a minute. My natural empathy is low, but high-functioning autist? No way. - Maybe most other test-takers just aren't comparing themselves to people with superlative use of Fe. Right, that must be it. :yes:

Who says that the winner is the person with the highests score?:vader1:

Seriously. I feel like the loser.

It's so limiting in terms of my behavior. I have tons of thoughts and ideas that I just never express.

Obviously I don't know what I'm missing, but I think I agree that my own end of the spectrum is the preferable one of the two. Solving my own problems is hard enough; automatically internalizing everyone else's doesn't appear to be very rewarding.

I'd like a little more empathy/Fe though. I often struggle to think of the right thing to say - and that's just when I'm conscious that a situation calls for me to size up the emotional state of the other and say something appropriate. (I don't like to contemplate how tactless I must be without knowing it. :unsure:) Also, I find my own extreme degree of self-absorption truly unattractive and unlovable, in others as well as in myself. I can only hope that there are others who forgive it more easily.

---

Incidentally, Evan, do you have any tips on how to relieve Fe-laden INFJs of their excessive courtesy, both in general (for their sake) and specifically when dealing with one person (for both our sakes :D)? Case in point: I'd like to avoid exchanges like the following with my INFJ semi-superior with whom it is necessary that I meet while he is away on paternal leave (as in, my INTJ superior (who is also his quasi-superior) thinks we should do it (and I agree that it would be productive), so I feel that I have to suggest it and that it is then up to the INFJ to do his own personal cost-benefit analysis and refuse if need be):

Economica said:
Let me know if you think it would be a good idea for me to go to (name of the city he lives in which is 35 minutes away by train) one afternoon in March to have coffee at a baby-friendly café and tell you about and solicit your input for (the work).

INFJ said:
Perhaps I can arrange with a babysitter such that I can go to the office one day when it suits you.

Economica said:
Sorry for my forwardness in suggesting a visit to (name of city); I was trying to optimize (the work) subject to the constraint of your paternal leave, but I realize now that I was asking too much of you.

INFJ said:
No reason to be sorry. I wouldn’t mind meeting up in (name of city), but I just thought that it was cumbersome for you to come here and I therefore suggested that I come instead. So if you want to meet up in (name of city) and don’t mind the travel I would be glad to do that.

Economica said:
It seems we have had a case of mutual accommodation deadlock! :) I was actually thinking of taking the opportunity to finally visit an old friend who now lives in (name of city), so it would not be too much trouble for me.

Re-reading the exchange, I still have no idea whether it would be too weird somehow to have me come to his city for him to be able to enjoy the convenience of meeting there. :thinking: It would be so much easier if I could trust him to just say what he means and mean what he says...! It's not like I'm going to take a refusal to meet during his paternal leave personally. :rolleyes:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Your Empathy Quotient is: 60

I did answer yes to "did you used to chop worms in half?" though, hehe.

I didn't like really like people doing it, but the concept of them regrowing is funny.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Your Empathy Quotient is: 43
You're no more or less empathetic than the average person. Most women score about 47 and most men score about 42.

Sounds about right. I'm definitely not the type to cry often(even if I am moved by little things) and if someone did something that got them in trouble they sure as hell better find another shoulder to cry on.:laugh:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
64-79: Extremely Empathetic
Your Empathy Quotient is: 67

You are very empathetic! A few people who score this high may even be considered Clairsentient.

You scored 67 on Empathy, higher than 96% of your peers.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Your Empathy Quotient is: 12

WTF is Asperger Syndrome?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Your Empathy Quotient is: 60

I did answer yes to "did you used to chop worms in half?" though, hehe.

I didn't like really like people doing it, but the concept of them regrowing is funny.

I answered no, if the question has been did you ever pull legs off of spiders then I would have said yes lol.