• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Functions Analysis: What's My MBTI Type?

Negative_

lemonsxs9.jpg

:cheese:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You guys do know that Jung never actually ordered the functions to correlate them with MBTI? He couldn't have; MBTI was developed long after Jung's death and the two systems don't really correlate that well. There are some common threads, but mostly MBTI just borrows Jung's terminology and assigns it significantly different meanings.

This explain why thechosenone, a clear ISTP, can't decide between ISTP and ISTJ--he's listening to Jung too much and MBTI too little. It's confusing for all Introverts because, when we mix these two systems that are only semi-compatible, IxxPs lead with a judging function (T/F) and IxxJs, with a perceiving one (S/N.) That doesn't make a lot of sense and it leads to a lot of weird problems.

Socionics accounts for this discrepancy; if you're an ISTP by MBTI standards, socionics most likely calls you an ISTj, because you lead with a so-called "rational" function (Ti.)

But still, you guys are putting waaaaay too much stock in the Jungian functions and running into a lot of problems because you try to correlate them so closely with MBTI.

Quite frankly, your MBTI type can be answered in four questions.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Functions according to the test:

Ni: 38,7 (excellent use)
Fi: 38,5 (excellent use)
Si: 37 (excellent use)
Te: 36,1 (excellent use)
Ne: 32,8 (good use)
Ti: 29,6 (average use)
Se: 14,3 (unused)
Fe: 13, 6 (unused,:doh: )

INTJ? ENTJ? ISTJ? Whatever.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You guys do know that Jung never actually ordered the functions to correlate them with MBTI? He couldn't have; MBTI was developed long after Jung's death and the two systems don't really correlate that well. There are some common threads, but mostly MBTI just borrows Jung's terminology and assigns it significantly different meanings.

This explain why thechosenone, a clear ISTP, can't decide between ISTP and ISTJ--he's listening to Jung too much and MBTI too little. It's confusing for all Introverts because, when we mix these two systems that are only semi-compatible, IxxPs lead with a judging function (T/F) and IxxJs, with a perceiving one (S/N.) That doesn't make a lot of sense and it leads to a lot of weird problems.

Socionics accounts for this discrepancy; if you're an ISTP by MBTI standards, socionics most likely calls you an ISTj, because you lead with a so-called "rational" function (Ti.)

But still, you guys are putting waaaaay too much stock in the Jungian functions and running into a lot of problems because you try to correlate them so closely with MBTI.

Quite frankly, your MBTI type can be answered in four questions.

Is it really "different meanings", or is it just that Jung only really dealt with what MBTI would call the "primary" function, and MBTI took it further with the auxilary, and by extension the tertiary (with questions of which attitude) and inferior?
I read that Jung did want to address the order of the others, or something, and that maybe he did use the auxilary. Like that three letter system (ITS, IST) was supposedly what he used, if I read correctly.

MBTI Type
INxJ
extraverted Sensing (Se) (23)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) (15.8)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (35.1)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (49.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) (42.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) (46.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (2.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) (25.8)
average use

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They would appear to be legitimately different meanings. Jung's definitions really don't mention or account for the things that MBTI's P vs. J implies:

J: Rigid, fond of planning ahead, likes to make faster decisions and is prone to wanting things settled. Has an internal sense of time, is typically on time, budgets time well and tends to be productive on schedule. This is similar to the Socionics "rational" function. At worst, prone to intense stubbornness.

P: Open-ended, spontaneous; strong Ps feel intimidated and threatened by excessively detailed plans and schedules. Wants some room for improvisation, has less awareness of time and schedules, doesn't like to plan for anything but is typically open to abrupt changes of plans or having no plans at all. Typically goes through erratic phases of heavy productivity and then extended burnout. This is similar to the Socionics "irrational" function. At worst, prone to total indecisiveness.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I want to say 'who the fuck cares'.

I then realised I posted on the wrong thread

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.6)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.3)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.4)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.9)
good use

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.7)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** (50.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.3)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use
Am I just a xNxP?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.3)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.2)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.2)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.1)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.7)

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (21.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.3)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.4)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************* (25.5)
average use

theplacesyoullgo

Just posting this to say that I was very impressed with the test. I also enjoyed it from the perspective of someone still becoming acquainted with the functions.

I also "got" my type without trying at all. I went with gut instinct for fear of censoring myself in order to get a particular result.

lemons, if you have any thoughts, feel free to go for it.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************************** (41.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************* (21)
limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTJ, or ENTP

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********* (9.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.8)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.9)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************* (31)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.2)
excellent use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

deleted
It's not that I don't have thoughts, but that they are the same thoughts. My own results match up with these ones.

alicia91

Could someone please explain this question to me? I think it's the 'weave into' part that I'm having trouble understanding.

37. Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.

Thanks!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Could someone please explain this question to me? I think it's the 'weave into' part that I'm having trouble understanding.

37. Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.

Thanks!

I'm thinking it means that you relate something random to a situation that you're presently in.

alicia91

Yeah, thanks, I understand that but like what? How random and how do you weave it in? For example "let's look at the sales figures for this month...........oh who feels like a cheeseburger?" If the different aspects are logically related, then the question wouldn't use the words 'random context.' For example 'let's study the sales figures for this quarter for our automobiles, and our other statistics show that people tend to do more shopping for all major purchases in July...' well, that's not a random context, though it's 'woven in.'

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Your Cognitive Development Profile

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******* (7.9)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************************** (51)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.9)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************* (49.9)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

My god, I'm shocked!