• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Functions Analysis: What's My MBTI Type?

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Any introverted function seems to be ranked similarly to its extraverted equivalent (such as Ti and Te), they are never separated by much.
Accordingly, the first four functions according to the usual order are not ranked first, but spaced pretty evenly throughout all eight.
Makes sense to me. A person with high Ti will often use what looks like Te, but it's still right to say they mostly use Ti. I think the usual conception/ordering of the shadow functions might be wrong.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Any introverted function seems to be ranked similarly to its extraverted equivalent (such as Ti and Te), they are never separated by much.
Accordingly, the first four functions according to the usual order are not ranked first, but spaced pretty evenly throughout all eight.
Makes sense to me. A person with high Ti will often use what looks like Te, but it's still right to say they mostly use Ti. I think the usual conception/ordering of the shadow functions might be wrong.

I think there are a lot of things potentially wrong with this test, definitely wrong with the MBTI system, and with our understanding of how the cognitive functions work. The great randomness of the function orders seems to really shoot elephant shots through the validity of the MBTI system. If the pattern mentioned about each function mostly being tested right next to its counterpart (Se next to Si or Te next to Ti), that seems to suggest to me that perhaps the way this test is setup is causing that. From what I'm seeing, the patterns presented (or lack thereof) are speaking to the invalidity of this test and /or the MBTI system at large.

Someone should look through this thread (someone who doesn't have a life) and see if there are any other discernible patterns. We also need a better test to compare to, one with a supposedly high level of validity (even though this one claimed to have such). I also want to see if there is a correlation is people's preference for/level of extraversion/introversion, and if that has an effect on what functions appear in the top 4. I'd guess that for very extraverted people, 3/4 of the top four functions will be extraverted, and vise versa for introverts. There are also other factors that must be accounted for such as age. If we assume all people tend to develop lesser functions as they continue to age, we should assume the order may display different patterns for different types across different age groups. That makes it very complex. As it should be. We are talking about human beings and personality, not some kind of card matching game.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I was also thinking that it could just a fault of the test. I certainly wouldn't want to try coming up with reliable questions to distinguish Fi from Fe.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When I was first taking the test I noticed some faults. There was one question in particular that screamed Te to me but at the end I realized they were trying to test for Ti. Although most people seem to have some significant level of difference between several of their introverted/extroverted functions. The age thing is definitely a factor though. Since I'm only 17 and MBTI theory says that Fe is typically developed in the 40s my low score may just be a factor of age. From the results of this among my friends most seem to have slightly unusual patterns, although the expected Tertiary being ranked higher is the most common one I've noticed.

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.6)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.5)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************** (14.8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.1)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or INFP

tastes_like_purple

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************** (18)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.9)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************************** (52.2)
excellent use

ESFP, ISFP or ENFP?

xD

himynameisdead

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
HALP

I'm under stress, and I guess more regularly I'm Ni>Ne>Fe=Fi=Ti>Se>Si>Te, but now I'm

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and

Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.2)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************

(36.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)

***************************************** (41.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.5)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.6)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***********************************

(35.7)

Ni>Ne>Fi>Ti>Se>Fe>Si>Te?
It said I'm inFp this time. I normally type iNfj/iNtj, but I have tested inFp, eNfp, and inTp in the past. I'm so confused. I've taken these tests like >9000 times, but for some reason I can never feel secure with the type I am assigned.