• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ETB's Ultimate Lucky Eight Archetype test!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The choices
a external concrete peception "what is"; EXPERIENCE The experience
b internal concrete perception "what was"; RELIVE The experience; also internal physical senses
c exernal abstract perception "what could be"; CONCEIVE FROM The experience, exploring possibilities
d internal abstract perception "what will be" ANTICIPATE The experience; infer universal meaning
e external true/false judgment "What's efficient"; ORGANIZE The experience; agreed upon principles
f internal true/false judgment "What's underlying"; ANALYZE The experience; universal principles
g external good or bad standard of judgment "What's appropriate"; RELATE TO The experience; interpersonal values
h internal good or bad standard of judgment "What's important"; EVALUATE The experience; universal values

The Questions
1. This is the process that has longest been my main approach to the world
a
2. This process is also very central to me, and is generally how I'm helpful to myself and others
e
3. This process is how I find relief, and am often playful and childish
b
4. This process may be very immature, but I deep down inside ultimately aspire to it. I often project my fears with it
d

5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process
c
6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, and when others use it, it makes it worse inside. I then use it to immobilize others.
h
7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap. I then use it to try to trick or double bind others, and also become comedic or clownish with it.
g
8. This process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times.
f

I don't really like this test.
The last answer doesn't even really apply to the last statement at all.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People can have their processes develop, and if they have, then the processes will be further along. Perhaps one of them won't be your "undoing" any longer since you've learned how to use it properly. The same could apply to any of those statements. I did the closest I could though.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. This is the process that has longest been my main approach to the world
F
2. This process is also very central to me, and is generally how I'm helpful to myself and others
C
D
4. This process may be very immature, but I deep down inside ultimately aspire to it. I often project my fears with it
E
5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process
A
6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, and when others use it, it makes it worse inside. I then use it to immobilize others.
B
7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap. I then use it to try to trick or double bind others, and also become comedic or clownish with it.
H
8. This process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times.
G

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
shortnsweet
Se-Te-Si-Ni-Ne-Fi-Fe-Ti

Wow, I was just over on the CP Test thread, since there was a new post, and saw your results and thought you needed to come over here!

It seems like some of these match the CP result. Could be a lot of things. We can break it down by the type that has each process in the role you perceive it in.

"Leading" Se: ESxP
"support" Te: ExTJ
"Relief" Si: INxP
"Aspirational" Ni: ESxP
"Oppositional" Ne: ENxP
"Immobilizing" Fi: IxFJ
"Deceiving" Fe: IxTJ
"Destructive" Ti: IxFP

You're all over the place! But with Se and Ni in place, ES_P seems the most likely. ESFP has Te as relief, which of course could be mistaken as support. ESTP would have Ti, not Te, so that's out! Ti is in place for the introverted SFP, so that's actually a fairly close fit for ESFP (either place -7 or 8- is very deep in the shadow, and you often "regret" decisions made with the function).
Problem is, Fi (which should be supporting or "good parent") perceived as immobilizing, or "critcal parent". I imagine if you're around a lot of people you're always fighting or something, such a misperception could occur. And Fi is so tricky to get a complete grasp on, and is said to be really noticeable only when a value is violated; so that's probably what it is. (Hence, it's why many people have trouble sorting NFP vs NTP).

So, it looks like ESFP!

laintpe (INTP)

Ti-Ne-Ni-Te-Se-Si-Fi-Fe

First two in place, so likely professed type. Strong Ni again. (Relief, for real?) Te perceived as aspirational. I could relate to that, as it is a sign of power, which NT's seek, and it's an STJ society (and I grew up with ISTJ parents). Also gives an appearance of an NFP preference (you should see the battles I've gone through with someone over this elsewhere!), especially since we're informing, and it's obviously not in the first two, which would yield Directing communication. But with me, I recognize it as Opposing (trying to fight the world with it's own function).
Se perceived as Opposing? Could be part of the "deception" of it's true role.
Grumpy with Si? It's like this is swapped with Ni. Maybe had a lot of bad memories? (Me; I'm very nostalgic with it).
Fi as deceiving? This is deep shadow (like the 8th where it should be), so it's still "regrettable", as I call it, and in the place it would be for our ENTP cousins. Perhaps pushed up one by:
Fe as destructive. This is the typical perception of the INTP for his Aspirational, in it's negative, undeveloped form before it develops in midlife. I imagine this will be to be expected from INTP's.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Se-Te-Si-Ni-Ne-Fi-Fe-Ti

Wow, I was just over on the CP Test thread, since there was a new post, and saw your results and thought you needed to come over here!

It seems like some of these match the CP result. Could be a lot of things. We can break it down by the type that has each process in the role you perceive it in.

"Leading" Se: ESxP
"support" Te: ExTJ
"Relief" Si: INxP
"Aspirational" Ni: ESxP
"Oppositional" Ne: ENxP
"Immobilizing" Fi: IxFJ
"Deceiving" Fe: IxTJ
"Destructive" Ti: IxFP

You're all over the place! But with Se and Ni in place, ES_P seems the most likely. ESFP has Te as relief, which of course could be mistaken as support. ESTP would have Ti, not Te, so that's out! Ti is in place for the introverted SFP, so that's actually a fairly close fit for ESFP (either place -7 or 8- is very deep in the shadow, and you often "regret" decisions made with the function).
Problem is, Fi (which should be supporting or "good parent") perceived as immobilizing, or "critcal parent". I imagine if you're around a lot of people you're always fighting or something, such a misperception could occur. And Fi is so tricky to get a complete grasp on, and is said to be really noticeable only when a value is violated; so that's probably what it is. (Hence, it's why many people have trouble sorting NFP vs NTP).

So, it looks like ESFP

LOL i thought this was a response to my post before i looked at the time this was posted.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I added yours to hers after I saw you added yours inbetween. So it's there now.
(Lemons, you're welcome!)

redacted

1. This is the process that has longest been my main "modus operandi".
d
f
a
g
e
h
c
b

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni-Ti-Se-Fe-Te-Fi-Ne-Si

Here's another one we just have to sort out the types of each perceived role:

1 INxJ
2 IxTP
3 ENxJ
4 IxTP
5 IxTP
6 IxFJ
7 ISxP
8 INxJ

1, 6 and 8 are in place for professed INFJ; 2, 4 and 5 in place for former INTP profession. 3 is also NJ, while 7 has primary Se/Ni as well.
Well, it looks like Ni edges out Ne (which is perceived as very low in the shadow, though it should be Opposing for the INJ).

However, to look at it on another angle, you have 3 IxTP, and one ISxP, which would be a possible 4 for ISTP. Could Ni be an inflated "relief" function, instead of Se, which would be the "supporting"? You have always seemed more of a Thinker, though I guess you do seem more abstract. But the third function is said to inflate itself, leading to confusion between INFJ and IxTP. That could make the N seem more preferred, perhaps even more than some N types. Should have remembered to point this out this yesterday as well.

deleted
lemons (INTJ)

Ni-Te-Ne-Se-Fi-Fe-Ti-Si

I was wondering if these just paralleled people's CP results, but while this starts out similarly, we see some differences. Either way, first two match professed type. In this test, Aspirational and "Destructive" (8th) in place. Very E heavy on top, other introverted functions and Fe perceived very lowly, so INTJ is the mostl likely.

One oddity is that I don't see myself in any way extroverted. Perhaps it is hidden underneath my strong Ni.

Se has always come about in spurts, never when I want it to. Most of my functions are the aristocracy, other than Si and Fe. Se is the town rat colony living among the domiciles.

redacted

Ni-Ti-Se-Fe-Te-Fi-Ne-Si

Here's another one we just have to sort out the types of each perceived role:

1 INxJ
2 IxTP
3 ENxJ
4 IxTP
5 IxTP
6 IxFJ
7 ISxP
8 INxJ

1, 6 and 8 are in place for professed INFJ; 2, 4 and 5 in place for former INTP profession. 3 is also NJ, while 7 has primary Se/Ni as well.
Well, it looks like Ni edges out Ne (which is perceived as very low in the shadow, though it should be Opposing for the INJ).

However, to look at it on another angle, you have 3 IxTP, and one ISxP, which would be a possible 4 for ISTP. Could Ni be an inflated "relief" function, instead of Se, which would be the "supporting"? You have always seemed more of a Thinker, though I guess you do seem more abstract. But the third function is said to inflate itself, leading to confusion between INFJ and IxTP. That could make the N seem more preferred, perhaps even more than some N types. Should have remembered to point this out this yesterday as well.

I think it had more to do with the wording of the questions than the order of my functions.

The order I put on this test was:
Ni, Ti, Se, Fe, Te, Fi, Ne, Si

But I don't actually think that's my order of function usage. I would put that order as:
Ni, Ti, Fe, Se, Ne, Fi, Te, Si

The thing is, your test is about function roles, not usage.

I knew ISTP was a possible result based on the answers I gave. I've actually considered that as my type. But I know for sure I'm an Ni dominant, not a Ti dominant. Also I definitely use Fe more than Se. I was just trying to answer the questions as well as I could, because I want you to have good data on your test.

I think the wording should be changed around a bit.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The point here is, I believe that the roles might be ultimately more determinative of true type than simply usage. Usage can vary, and be motivated by a number of factors. Usage does not actually equate to preference, which is the real basis of type. An analogy I use, is that you can prefer sweets, but force yourself to begin eating more yucky dietary stuff for health purposes. You're still predisposed to sweets.
It's basically the difference between behavior, which is superficial, and inborn disposition.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One oddity is that I don't see myself in any way extroverted. Perhaps it is hidden underneath my strong Ni.

Se has always come about in spurts, never when I want it to. Most of my functions are the aristocracy, other than Si and Fe. Se is the town rat colony living among the domiciles.
All it means is that for some reason, you perceive more extraverted functions in ego-systonic places (i.e the first four, in this case, the parent, relief and aspirational, though aspiration is on the border of the shadow, and often negative as well), for whatever it's worth. Of course, you perceive an introverted function as lead, so that makes introversion most likely.

Last edited: