• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do your functions unclearly represent your type?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Haha Jack Flak = :banned:

How and WHY was he banned? :ohmy:

I'm so sad, Jack Flak was my IDOL..I remember my first few visits on here, seeing his posts, I was amazed. Jack!: if you're reading this, I miss you!

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Hey, Jack! Set down the bottle and come back with that fine mind tuned up!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See sig.

EDIT: My Fi and Ne were at the very top when I took the test. The Ni, Si, Ti, and Se were all VERY close behind. Like, 5 points off. Then Te was 3 points below that, and my Fe is embarassingly low.

deleted
It seems you're not using the traditional formula. Mind sharing?

(Also, did you use my first order or second? I'm guessing you used the one with Ni first.)

Edit: I think I figured out your formula. It wouldn't matter if you used my first or 2nd order. Here's what I think:

1)you rate N vs S and T vs. F, with differences at the beginning of the order weighed more heavily than differences at the end, narrowing down the middle two letters.
2)you rate the winner of N vs S against the winner of T vs F, narrowing it down to 2 types (for me, ENTP and INTJ)
3)out of the 4 functions for the middle two letters, you find the highest one, which chooses between the two leftover.

edit again: wait, no, that can't be it...kora's result wouldn't make sense. instead of step 2 above, you probably weigh the extroverted functions against the introverted ones to narrow down I/E, and then pick P/J from the first function direction you see.

Well think in terms of how much each function applies to a personality. For instance Se will apply the greatest to ESXPs. I haven't rid any preferences out just anonymously. I thought I saw something wrong with this formula at first but it was nothing. I'm going to keep looking.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always liked the cognitive functions theory.

What is your opinion on my Se, Ti, Ni, and Te being so high lemons? The Si fits with INFP for tertiary, but otherwise the rest shouldn't be up that high. :tongue:

Gotta love twisting and turning theories. I always just figured I was very balanced.

deleted
I've always liked the cognitive functions theory.

What is your opinion on my Se, Ti, Ni, and Te being so high lemons? The Si fits with INFP for tertiary, but otherwise the rest shouldn't be up that high. :tongue:

Gotta love twisting and turning theories. I always just figured I was very balanced.

Excluding a subjective perspective, it would not make sense if you say that an INFP should have a low Se, Ti, Ni and Te. It makes the most sense in this theory to say that the order of functions determines the type. There is no "natural" order to the functions, but there is a common order. For instance I have strong Ne, but my function order still matches up mostly to INTJ.

deleted
I think lemons' ideas are usually quite simple and/or inaccurate. .

You make my fine point evan. Is is the simple ideas that do succumb, and the inaccurate ideas make the most room improvement. They flip factors of wrong around so that anyone could utilize a new approach.

To give this thread a 1/5 stars is astray from the topic and demonstrative of the original poster that being me, I so understand. In this thread members have listed their functions so that no one should need to seek any further. Here they are. I've given insight to those who ask. It is good fun to analyze subjective responses with theory. It is not tedious, it has a point, unlike some discussion I've encountered of a certain member who at fault has been banned, fortunately for only the time being. I don't imply correctitude. I provide possibilities as others do. My intention is not too far off at all. I am respectful and I do respect anyone who can concur with these simple terms.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As in my sig, here goes:

Ne 47.2 Ti 44.3 Si 37.8 Fi 30.9 Te 27.7 Fe 21.7 Se 19 Ni 10.6

Seems very accurate. Ne is out front, but still falls more into the parent rather than hero role. Just a bit overactive. With that core of introverted functions following, it still made me "I".
Very different from most INTP results, because Ni, which is very strong in the others, is last, instead of Fe. But very close to Beebe's order, overall.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm re-posting this, having gotten no response to my previous post.
Please speak to me...
Here it is:

cognitive processes:
Fi (38.4)
Se (37.5)
Fe (33.2)
Ni (32.3)
Ne (29.1)
Te (25.1)
Si (23)
Ti (21.2)
Based on this, what's my type???

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've wondered about this myself...how does one express the four functions which apparently aren't even related to his type?

Here's my approximate eight-function order:

Ne, Ti, Te, Fe, Ni, Fi, Se, Si.

What's the verdict?