• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do your functions unclearly represent your type?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
That's where we differ completely. Because I think it's a sin to politely allow idiots to spout their nonsense at will.

Defeats the whole purpose of a forum doesn't it? Brainstorming? Feedback?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's where we differ completely. Because I think it's a sin to politely allow idiots to spout their nonsense at will.

That's some irony right there. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Defeats the whole purpose of a forum doesn't it? Brainstorming?
In a perfectly free system, which I hardly have a problem with, everyone's allowed to be just as stupid as they can muster themselves to be, but additionally, others are allowed to say "what an awful idea." Introducing control creates a smorgasbord of problems.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
In a perfectly free system, which I hardly have a problem with, everyone's allowed to be just as stupid as they can muster themselves to be, but additionally, others are allowed to say "what an awful idea."

Oh I agree. But that doesn't violate the "ad hominem" rule. Control is only meant to ensure that. Be it the law or in this case common sense.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh I agree. But that doesn't violate the "ad hominem" rule. Control is only meant to ensure that. Be it the law or in this case common sense.
It really helps, when someone has an awful idea such as every one of lemons', to be able to say "Look at how awful this idea is, and it's unsurprising, considering his nine other awful ideas, all of which I will gladly show you now."

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Or as our INFJ brothers would say: "You didnt do me !"

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It really helps, when someone has an awful idea such as every one of lemons', to be able to say "Look at how awful this idea is, and it's unsurprising, considering his nine other awful ideas, all of which I will gladly show you now."

Whom does it help? You mean the innocent, naive and discernment-lacking bystanders? Naive to be fooled by people like Lemons, but astute enough to be convinced by your assessments of his past ideas as proof (never mind subjectiveness and different opinions) that he's wrong?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Whom does it help? You mean the innocent, naive and discernment-lacking bystanders? Naive to be fooled by people like Lemons, but astute enough to be convinced by your assessments of his past ideas as proof (never mind subjectiveness and different opinions) that he's wrong?
You're telling me you doubt that when someone makes a claim, but no one's there to deny it, that some people believe it?

redacted

You're telling me you doubt that when someone makes a claim, but no one's there to deny it, that some people believe it?

So deny it with reasons, not meaningless insults.

I agree with your stance probably... I think lemons' ideas are usually quite simple and/or inaccurate. But, hey, he tries to think outside the box and puts his ideas on the line, which is more than I can say about 95% of the people I know.

Of course you have a right to state your opinions, or state that a claim lacks validity. It's just that if you expect people to take you seriously, it's probably a better strategy to point out the errors in reasoning as opposed to throwing out insults like a cocky fourth grader. You let yourself get emotionally involved, which is silly when put in the context of your stance about emotion.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

No. Are you telling me you are not concerned as to why people agree with your theories just as long as they do? Isn't the whole merit in a theory making sense? Are you trying to convince the people who can't even "put two and two together" that you're on to something? Those people aren't really interested in what anyone has to say about psychology.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
No. Are you telling me you are not concerned as to why people agree with your theories just as long as they do? Isn't the whole merit in a theory making sense? Are you trying to convince the people who can't even "put two and two together" that you're on to something? Those people aren't really interested in what anyone has to say about psychology.
If people in general could make sense of this themselves, then no one would be a proponent of MBTI function theory (Such that Ti-Ne-Si-Fe fits for INTP, for example). If people in general could make sense of this themselves, there would be no writers like Jung or Keirsey, there would be only people who walked around with all the understanding in the world within their minds already.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I had something to say, but I forgot it -.-

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If people in general could make sense of this themselves, then no one would be a proponent of MBTI function theory (Such that Ti-Ne-Si-Fe fits for INTP, for example). If people in general could make sense of this themselves, there would be no writers like Jung or Keirsey, there would be only people who walked around with all the understanding in the world within their minds already.

But, isn't it up to people in general, to place the importance they want on the people and theories they choose, for the reasons they want? It's not like typology is an exact science with paramount importance to humanity.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But, isn't it up to people in general, to place the importance they want on the people and theories they choose, for the reasons they want? It's not like typology is an exact science with paramount importance to humanity.

It's questions and statements like yours that people get burned at the stake for!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's questions and statements like yours that people get burned at the stake for!

Gauche

Politeness is a scourge, entropie. A SCOURGE, I TELL YOU.

Fe is.

Jack Flak said:
You just don't have a talent for psychology, lemons. Find something you aren't absolutely horrible at, and practice that instead. Your continuing selfish spreading of simultaneously poor and incomplete ideas all over this forum is the worst thing that could happen to it. It's a joke.

But he tries at least. Einstein did not do well at high school, as well. I must encourage ardent perseverance, for it may bloom one day:D

Anja said:
You make good statements on type and then you get all caught up in your personal issues.

It always make me want to

Smart folks probably hear you the first time. Then all this whining and trying to attack someone's ego sorta blows your image of wisdom for me.

I don't see that so drastically. Jack is providing feedback and that is worthwhile, and I would say needful as well.

We are messing with politeness vs. truth here again, what can be a little bit tricky to ultimately resolve

deleted
People here say they are either not sure or are completely sure that one of my theories is wrong. I would never say that I can believe something to a full extent even being something I said. I really like collaboration. However Jack has little tolerance for possibility which easily lets me doubt he is an N.

This sounds like a personal problem. Redirect.