• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
I'm taking it now but some of the questions are like wth? The wording is really odd, i want to select both or neither, and it's really obvious which functions they are determining your "preference" to.
edit: omfg these questions are dumb
I got:
intuiting =9
sensing =7
feeling =8
thinking =12
well, that was worthless.
T - N - F - S = not a possible order of type functions

gromit

likes this
On the screen that reports the user's scores, a simple table is displayed which correlates preference orders with particular MBTI types
I don't think mine worked properly, bc I got a little screen that popped up that said ranked it F-T-N-S, but didn't see a list of what that could represent.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I took it again and got F-N-S-T

F=16

N=9

S=8

T=4

I answered the questions completely honestly and really thought about them carefully instead of answering impulsively. I wonder if I was in a weird mood or frame of mind when I took the test before. This is more aligned with what I usually score on dichotomy tests (xNFP like 90% of the time, occasionally ESFP or ISFP, or "other").

I do think the Feeling questions seem more Fe and the Sensing questions seem more Si, for the record. This isn't unusual in dichotomy tests and is one of the reasons why Se types are more likely to mistype as N.

I can see if I took the test in a bad mood last time where I would have felt hostile to some of the F questions and if I still had a prejudice toward N I would have "known what to answer." I'm not dumb, I've took a zillion of these tests.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
After I stopped laughing at the name, I did the test and got T=18, N=8, S=7, F=4

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got

T=14
N=12
F=6
S=5

What do I win?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
intuiting =15
thinking =11
feeling =10
sensing =1

N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp, eNtp, eNtj

yeah.. no

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intuiting =15
thinking =11
feeling =10
sensing =1

N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp, eNtp, eNtj

yeah.. no

I would expect a type 4 to score highest on the N scale. Ni corresponds well with type 4. You have a 5 wing which corresponds with Ti. T and F were 1 point away from being tied, that means choosing the other way on one question will make F your preferred over T. If you believe you prefer F over T, then your FD33 type is iNfp. This is a non-traditional, non-closure Ni type.

Two or three forum trolls, who have earned themselves temp-bans in the past and who don't like me, are attacking this test and its creators after I started another thread on this topic. But if you look back to the beginning of this 2007 FD33 thread, during pre-troll days, the test was held in high regard on this forum. These trolls have been successful at harassing other forum members into earning perm-bans for themselves.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got N > T=S >F. Nopers.

Yeppers.

Sorry, but the FD33 is not trying to agree with your confirmed type of INTP. Read the theory page the test page has a link to. The theory page describes a non-traditional form of MBTI called the FD33. It looks like you scored iNtp rather than the traditional inTp (the capital letters showing dominance). In other words, you scored as Ni (because you're an introverted type) with a preference for non-closure, with T as auxiliary. But then, YMMV.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yeppers.

Sorry, but the FD33 is not trying to agree with your confirmed type of INTP. Read the theory page the test page has a link to. The theory page describes a non-traditional form of MBTI called the FD33. It looks like you scored iNtp rather than the traditional inTp (the capital letters showing dominance). In other words, you scored as Ni (because you're an introverted type) with a preference for non-closure, with T as auxiliary. But then, YMMV.

I have read that page before, as a matter of fact. :rolleyes:

My self-typing of INTP is not based on preference for closure or non-closure in the first place. I tested J/P borderline on typical online tests, and did not decide I was a P until I learned about cognitive functions and became familiar with some people of different types. I then realized I identify far more with Ti/Ne than I do with Ni/Te. So no, the test did not type me accurately if it took me for an Ni dom. That is why I am disagreeing with my result, not because I require you to explain the test to me. Thanks.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have read that page before, as a matter of fact. :rolleyes:

And do you know that YMMV means "your mileage may vary"? In other words, I leave it up to you to decide.

My self-typing of INTP is not based on preference for closure or non-closure in the first place. I tested J/P borderline on typical online tests, and did not decide I was a P until I learned about cognitive functions and became familiar with some people of different types. I then realized I identify far more with Ti/Ne than I do with Ni/Te. So no, the test did not type me accurately if it took me for an Ni dom. That is why I am disagreeing with my result, not because I require you to explain the test to me. Thanks.

The test did not type you as an Ni/Te, as that is just another way of rendering the traditional INTJ. So there is no basis for the comparison you are drawing between the types you mentioned above and your Ni dominant score on the FD33.

When I said Ni with non-closure, I was specifying a type that does not exist in the MBTI. Nor does it exist in either of the two alternatives you listed. So your test result is actually giving you a non-MBTI alternative you have not considered because neither Ti/Ne nor Ni/Te is equivalent to the score you just got.

And even though your preference for Ti is not based on closure versus non-closure (who ever said it was?), you have chosen non-closure P as your fourth letter, therefore a non-closure type as I said in the first place.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
And do you know that YMMV means "your mileage may vary"? In other words, I leave it up to you to decide.

Yes, and you also apparently assumed that my disagreeing with the result meant that I had not read the theory page and/or did not understand the test. Annoying.

The test did not type you as an Ni/Te, as that is just another way of rendering the traditional INTJ. So there is no basis for the comparison you are drawing between the types you mentioned above and your Ni dominant score on the FD33.

When I said Ni with non-closure, I was specifying a type that does not exist in the MBTI. Nor does it exist in either of the two alternatives you listed. So your test result is actually giving you a non-MBTI alternative you have not considered because neither Ti/Ne nor Ni/Te is equivalent to the score you just got.

And even though your preference for Ti is not based on closure versus non-closure (who ever said it was?), you have chosen non-closure P as your fourth letter, therefore a non-closure type as I said in the first place.

Their 'dialogues' page gives an example of someone scoring iNfp, and how such a person would be Ni-Fe-Ti-Se, but prefer non-closure. So yes, according to them an iNtp would be Ni-Te and the difference between such a person and the MBTI INTJ would be preference for non-closure. Not difference in dominant function(s).

I am not disagreeing that I am a non-closure type; it's the N dominance I was saying 'nope' to.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, and you also apparently assumed that my disagreeing with the result meant that I had not read the theory page and/or did not understand the test. Annoying.

Their 'dialogues' page gives an example of someone scoring iNfp, and how such a person would be Ni-Fe-Ti-Se, but prefer non-closure. So yes, according to them an iNtp would be Ni-Te and the difference between such a person and the MBTI INTJ would be preference for non-closure. Not difference in dominant function(s).

I am not disagreeing that I am a non-closure type; it's the N dominance I was saying 'nope' to.

The FD33 says 'yes.'

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would expect a type 4 to score highest on the N scale. Ni corresponds well with type 4. You have a 5 wing which corresponds with Ti. T and F were 1 point away from being tied, that means choosing the other way on one question will make F your preferred over T. If you believe you prefer F over T, then your FD33 type is iNfp. This is a non-traditional, non-closure Ni type.

Two or three forum trolls, who have earned themselves temp-bans in the past and who don't like me, are attacking this test and its creators after I started another thread on this topic. But if you look back to the beginning of this 2007 FD33 thread, during pre-troll days, the test was held in high regard on this forum. These trolls have been successful at harassing other forum members into earning perm-bans for themselves.

okay, well i don't use ni or ti, and i never score even close to thinking on the thinking-feeling scale, so i just think it's a bad test. and i don't think getting temp-banned destroys anyone's credibility or makes them a troll either.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay, well i don't use ni or ti, and i never score even close to thinking on the thinking-feeling scale, so i just think it's a bad test. and i don't think getting temp-banned destroys anyone's credibility or makes them a troll either.

Stick up for your slimy friends then. I must say however that your personality generally reminds me of my wife's, although she's an ISFP. If she cared to come to this forum she could easily go with an avatar like yours. I wish I could find a gif that's the right size for an avatar but the site always says they're too big.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stick up for your slimy friends then. I must say however that your personality generally reminds me of my wife's, although she's an ISFP. If she cared to come to this forum she could easily go with an avatar like yours. I wish I could find a gif that's the right size for an avatar but the site always says they're too big.

i'm not really sticking up for anyone, i don't even know who you're talking about. just saying that being banned doesn't make a difference. what's with everyone typing me as isfp lately?