• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EQSQ Theory and test

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Respondent - Average EQ - Average SQ - Brain Type
Males - 39.0 - 61.2 - Systemizing
Females - 48.0 - 51.7 - Empathizing
Your Score - 49 - 68 - Systemizing

:blink: I didn't cheat either!

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
EQ 50
SQ 33
Systemizing

Hmmm... that surprises me.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Respondent ---- Average EQ ------Average SQ -----Brain Type
Males ---------- 39.0 ------------- 61.2 --------- Systemizing
Your Score ------ 22 -------------- 93 -------- Extreme Systemizing

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
CzeCze Average

EQ 58 (Male 39/Female 48)
SQ 67 (Male 61.2/51.7)

It said my EQ score was 'Extremely Empathizing' but overlal I am Systemizing.

I don't think so...some of those 'systemizing' questions were kinda...hmm..

My Ne keeps track of a lot of things but I don't necessarily actively pay a lot of attention to them...I'm also a pack rat and have many collections of things. I systemize not out of natural tendency but learned necessity and vanity -- I like pimping out my collections on display so I can appreciate them. I have studied art (or am a pseudo art snob, except I'm too lazy and untalented to learn fine art myself) so yes, I pay attention to how paintings and buildings are constructed IOW their form and function. Maps and train tables are easy to figure out and as someone who relied on public transportation and also had to drive to many unknown destinations you have to learn and get used to it -- but am I naturally inclined to do so? Hell no. Looking at and analyzing graphs and tables -- that is not a CzeCze party.

Is anyone else sensing an extreme bias toward systemizing? I think the test thinks if you can read a map and keep your room clean then you are not a hopeless sissy 'feeler' ...

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Many of the systemizing questions were such which an N would consider silly. I don't think that emphatizing and systemizing, as presented in this survey, will cover much of people's traits.

This "systemizing" seems much like simple categorization and memorization for me, very Si thing. Well, filing system is a system.. buying your groceries with a system is a shopping system.. but well, duh?

I found the N-kind of creative systemization almost entirely lacking in this survey.

KatrinaB

MBTI Type
INTP
EQSQ Tests

These tests *are* the tests developed by Professor Simon Baron-Cohen. Actually, we have a good range of EQ and SQ personalities taking the tests. I would have to check--will be glad to if anyone is interested--in the distribution of empathizers and systemizers who have taken the tests. We have thousands of data points. If I recall correctly, there is a slight bias towards systemizers. However, most of the people I would have predicted to be empathizers (and who I coerced into taking the tests!) have a high EQ, and a dismally low SQ in some cases. My guess is that there is some natural selection for systemizers in a voluntary online self-assessment of this type. Why on earth would an empathizer be interested in taking such a systematic evaluation of their personality?

KatrinaB

MBTI Type
INTP
That seems odd. EQ 50 and SQ 33, yet "empathizing" brain type. Not possible. Must be some mistake somewhere. I can check if there is an error in our calculation, but it seems to have normed correctly for everyone else. There are more SQ questions than EQ questions, which is why it is possible to get a higher SQ score and yet still be deemed an empathizer.

KatrinaB

MBTI Type
INTP
"Norming" EQ SQ Scores to give brain type

I'm not sure athenian, that does seem odd as your EQ is over the SQ by 1 point. :shock:

(this is why I needed a bit of help understanding the test, I am sure i should be an empathizer, it sounds more......me)

It is because there are more questions in the SQ test than the EQ test. Thus, the absolute scores don't tell you your EQ/SQ balance. A calculation is applied to "norm" the scores for comparison. I don't have the calculation to hand, but it is in the paper by Sally Wheelwright and S Baron-Cohen in the Resource section of EQSQ.com (need to scroll down to find the paper). I'm sory--it is getting late here and I am probably not making much sense. I can have another go (another time) if I've failed to explain adequately.

KatrinaB

MBTI Type
INTP
That is extreme. Have you been diagnosed on the autism spectrum? I'm not a big fan of labels, to be honest, but I think those scores would put you in the spectrum. For me--it just means you got those scores. I know someone who scored in the opposite extreme (10 SQ and 60+ EQ). Despite her apparent extreme lack of systemizing capablities, she manages to organize her home/family/work/etc. perfectly well. Definitely not hopelessly disorganized. I like the quote I saw on someone's signature, "Every individual is an exception to the rule." Carl Jung. That pretty much sums up my beliefs. But I love trying to "define" my personality (and other people's), even do. :)

MerkW

That is extreme. Have you been diagnosed on the autism spectrum? I'm not a big fan of labels, to be honest, but I think those scores would put you in the spectrum.

I have not been diagnosed with any spectrum disorder, yet I suspect that I might have Asperger Syndrome.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
EQ = 65 Extreme Empathizing
SQ = 92 Extreme Systemizing

Err. :shock: Eh. :D

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
.................Males Females
Average EQ: 39.0 .. 48.0
Average SQ: 61.2 .. 51.7

Your EQ Score: 65
Your SQ Score: 40

Your Score 65 Take the SQ test Extreme Empathizing

So, my EQ result is high when compared to other females and my EQ is low when compared to other females. :thinking: :D

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Heh.

Average Female EQ 48
(Average Male EQ 39)
Mine 23

And I've gotten better at this EQ stuff in recent years by making myself pay attention and practise. *sigh*

Average Female SQ 52
(Average Male SQ 61)
Mine 65

The systemizer questions were a bit odd. There was an emphasis on things, rather than ideas/concepts. And maps. I am somewhat useless at maps/navigation.

Systemizing
Systemizing is the drive to analyze the variables and understand the rules governing a system. The ability to systemize allows you to predict and control the behavior of a system. Further, systemizing refers to the drive to construct systems.

The first two sentences I do quite easily. The third, meh. I hate implementing plans.