• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You still haven't explained your rationale for the design of the test.

But you do realise that you are just testing (or trying to test) for Extroverted function use in Q2, don't you? So even though you don't buy into the concept of extroverted functions, you are employing the concept in your test. Why would you do that?

FJ=Fe NP=Ne SP=Se TJ=Te

I still prefer mlittrels idea. I hope he develops it.

Although I think it could be simplified and still be effective.

Lotr246

1. B
2. A
3. B
4. A
5. A
6. A
7. B

This would mean I am an INFJ. I'm curious to know what is your rationale behind question two. In particular, why is choice a, (I can instinctively tell you whether things are ethically wrong or right), associated with FJ? I always thought this was an NFP trait. Thanks

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
1. B
2. C
3. C
4. B
5. B
6. B
7. A
Looks like ESxP. Assuming you're sure of ESFP for yourself, are there slight changes to question 5 which could have altered your answer?

Personally, inasmuch as I buy any of the typology stuff (I think it's a parlor game that will probably never be substantiated with real neuroscience), I think socionics is closest. And I like your idea about leading functions and stuff. But I know what I do at a gut level versus a conscious level, and judging right vs. wrong is not what I do very consciously, not what I do with my gut. Noticing body language and connotation and those sorts of things is what I do nearly unconsciously.
I think you mean to say you analyze ethics consciously, right?

You still haven't explained your rationale for the design of the test.

But you do realise that you are just testing (or trying to test) for Extroverted function use in Q2, don't you? So even though you don't buy into the concept of extroverted functions, you are employing the concept in your test. Why would you do that?

FJ=Fe NP=Ne SP=Se TJ=Te
I'm not using the 8-function model. The choices are intended to allude both to the function itself, and its p or j nature. If you notice, b and c in 2 are concerned with input, while a and d are output.
I still prefer mlittrels idea. I hope he develops it.
Good for you! The tests are completely different, and there's no shortage already, so it's not as if I've pre-empted anything here.

1. B
2. A
3. B
4. A
5. A
6. A
7. B

This would mean I am an INFJ. I'm curious to know what is your rationale behind question two. In particular, why is choice a, (I can instinctively tell you whether things are ethically wrong or right), associated with FJ? I always thought this was an NFP trait. Thanks
If you're thinking about MBTI function order, you'd be right, but I think MBTI function order is wrong, so there you have it. NFPs, in my observations, tend to analyze more than judge, and vice versa for NFJs.

P.S. I've added the word "logic" to 2d, perhaps it will draw more INTJs.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hey Eileen, shortnsweet, et al, how would you answer these?

a. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on logic, and my acquired knowledge.

3A (for a/d on 2)
a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
b. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.

3B (for b/c on 2)
c. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on logic, and my acquired knowledge.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Hey Eileen, shortnsweet, et al, how would you answer these?

a. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.

3A (for a/d on 2)
a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
b. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.

3B (for b/c on 2)
c. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.

A
A

:) I think that D is much improved. You don't need the second comma though. ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
A
A

:) I think that D is much improved. You don't need the second comma though. ;)
Well we have you sorted out then! That's good. *crosses fingers for everyone else* :D

OK I'll fix the comma miss English.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Logic! You used the word 'logic'!

No no no! Bad Jack Flak, bad!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I fail at having a JFTI.

Then again, that just means we're getting somewhere.

Lotr246

If you're thinking about MBTI function order, you'd be right, but I think MBTI function order is wrong, so there you have it. NFPs, in my observations, tend to analyze more than judge, and vice versa for NFJs.

Are you saying the function order is different from MBTI in your test? So that, an INFJ's main function would be a judging function, Fi, while the INFP would have a perceiving function, Ni, in your test. Or do you stay with the function order, but have a different distinction between the functions? For example, would an INFJ still have Ni as their main function but Fe would manifest the judging function in INFJs? Thanks

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Are you saying the function order is different from MBTI in your test? So that, an INFJ's main function would be a judging function, Fi, while the INFP would have a perceiving function, Ni, in your test. Or do you stay with the function order, but have a different distinction between the functions? For example, would an INFJ still have Ni as their main function but Fe would manifest the judging function in INFJs? Thanks
I developed a simpler, hybrid function system which is linked from my signature. The INFJ's function order is Feeling/Intuition, just like the ENFJ's. Because, of course, I think introversion and extroversion are personality traits separate from the functions.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
According to your test, I'm strongly ENF but I'm X as I'm tied J and P.

Just because I care about always being right, doesn't mean I'm J. :p

Seriously though, I would say moreso than being perceptive the moral imperative to be aware of what is wrong and what is right is a stronger motivation in me. Being perceptive and open to possibilities feels more like a passive energy and baseline natural state of who I am and what 'P' is. P is baseline 'passive' because you make decisions by not making them.

On the other hand, it takes real effort to care about things, more energy and a 'fire'... though that is a trademark description of 'Fe' as being very active and even fiery.

In fact, making moral decisions probably *feels* like more effort for me because I usually try not to make explicit judgements.

So basically, as maybe someone else has pointed out in the rest (HOLY HELL 34 pages already????) of this thread, I don't think the J/P questions are as on point and they don't account for the fact that that 'deciding what is wrong and right' (FJ on your test) would be considered the most accurate self-description of an enFP because of some of the reasons stated above.

That is all.

Thanks for sharing the test in progress.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Cze: What's your definite type and what were your answers? Also, let me know if you're on any kind of psychoactive substances, especially stimulants. I couldn't help but notice you posted a few long blog entries, one right after the other. :D

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
I am presently wondering how effective this test will be for SJs. Any willing victims?

I scored ESTJ. Imagine if I had taken this test in the first place a year ago. Then I wouldn't have gone through the whole "I'm an ENFP... wait, ENTP... hold up... ENTJ... that's not it, holy cow, ISFP? INFP? No... ENTJ is right after all... omg, I'm an SJ. Which SJ? ESTJ fits. Ah, so that's why I don't get along with INFPs. They aren't evil, and neither am I."

It's been fun, but I would have prefered to just cut to the chase, lol.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I scored ESTJ. Imagine if I had taken this test in the first place a year ago. Then I wouldn't have gone through the whole "I'm an ENFP... wait, ENTP... hold up... ENTJ... that's not it, holy cow, ISFP? INFP? No... ENTJ is right after all... omg, I'm an SJ. Which SJ? ESTJ fits. Ah, so that's why I don't get along with INFPs. They aren't evil, and neither am I."

It's been fun, but I would have prefered to just cut to the chase, lol.
Hehe. Well I'd go back in time and help out if I could.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
1. b
2. a
3A. a
4. a
5. a
6. a
7. b