• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Okay, I reworded 2 and 3, let me know how this looks. Hopefully I'll hear from others as well, like Eileen. :D

(Question 3B would just be a and d, of course)

a. I can tell you whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on my acquired knowledge.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm.. I guess that would work better. the answer is C!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, I thought you were just merging the two together .. grrrr. i'd still pick d. I want to say i'd compromise, but the "based on instinct" thing would almost need to be in there for me.. I think A would still mean that I thought about it. I don't think about ethics and values that much, let alone "tell you" about them. I wonder if this is an Fi thing.. I don't know.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
oh, I thought you were just merging the two together .. grrrr. i'd still pick d. I want to say i'd compromise, but the "based on instinct" thing would almost need to be in there for me.. I think A would still mean that I thought about it. I don't think about ethics and values that much, let alone "tell you" about them. I wonder if this is an Fi thing.. I don't know.
I think it's an individual thing. I'm just trying to get as many individuals as possible typed properly, without forgetting about who already was typed properly. *destroys computer* hehe. Well I'm certain you have something better to do, maybe check back sometime!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
3B. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!

c. I can instinctively tell you whether things are ethically wrong or right.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on my acquired knowledge.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hrm... I guess I would likely answer C to that if I was in a regular mood.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
PHEW.. I was beginning to think I was an ESTP there for a moment. Talk about an identity crisis. That was a close one. I'm glad we worked through it.:nice:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

a. I approach things with a plan.
b. I handle things as they come.

Okay, I need clarification on one last thing before I do the full test. Could you perhaps give a typical example that demonstrates these behaviors in action? I ask because for questions like these, I am usually inclined to answer a automatically, because I am so not that person who carries around an itinerary and gets irritated when plans are not followed to a 't'.

On the other hand, when I have something that I need to get done (meaning something that I can't put off anymore, which I will always do until the very last minute), I quickly put together a plan in my head to get it accomplished, and I float two or three backup options in the back of my head (such as "I can use my clout with the prof to get a penalty-free extension for this paper", or "I can fake sick", or I plan some runaround to get myself out of trouble). This is basically how I got through undergrad.

So which one should I answer? I fear that if I choose a, I won't be being completely honest, since I don't really ever make rigid plans (since I know that it is inevitable that I'll deviate from it at some point), and I can deal with unexpected changes as they come. But if I answer b, I think I might be characterizing myself as far less "planned" than I actually am. In other words, I think that I "handle things as they come" by forming last minute plans.

Sorry if this is bogging down the thread with extraneous material.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh, I know where you're coming from, and if you have an idea to refine the question further, mention it. But if I give you advice beforehand, it ruins the test experimentation, right? It's sure not set in stone yet, I've hardly tested anyone, relatively speaking.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Oh, I know where you're coming from, and if you have an idea to refine the question further, mention it. But if I give you advice beforehand, it ruins the test experimentation, right? It's sure not set in stone yet, I've hardly tested anyone, relatively speaking.

Hmmm, if this question is meant to distinguish J/P, maybe (and this is really a fairly facile suggestion at this point) something like this:

Are you irritated by quick and frequent changes in the rules?
Do environments with unchanging rules make you uncomfortable?

Just a suggestion. I know it's not related to the original content of your question, but I think it works similarly and might be less ambiguous (to me at least). I also don't see this type of question as often in the regular tests.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Okay, I reworded 2 and 3, let me know how this looks. Hopefully I'll hear from others as well, like Eileen. :D

(Question 3B would just be a and d, of course)

a. I can tell you whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.

You know, actually, I think that the D option is still really the problem here.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I modified the test so Eileen would probably pick a now (so she said), and I modified it based on cascademn's advice too.

Hmm... well, I guess if you want to check whether the model can work with real types, that's a good way to progress. Glad to see you're doing that.
Oh, and I should mention again that I think function-knowledgeable INxJs have an inclination to be biased due to their notions of what their dominant functions are. This may only be true for some.

Don't you think you're being a little biased against INJs? I'm beginning to get that impression, honestly.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Don't you think you're being a little biased against INJs? I'm beginning to get that impression, honestly.
It's complicated. For me to rule out knowledge bias, which I think has more sticking power in INJs than INPs, I'll have to test people who've never heard of functions. I just don't know for sure what the story is right now.

I'm ill at the moment, and I'm going to take some time off from working on this test, like a day or two. I'll read whatever's said at some point.

You know, actually, I think that the D option is still really the problem here.
I planned to work on d, but didn't you choose b previously?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's complicated. For me to rule out knowledge bias, which I think has more sticking power in INJs than INPs, I'll have to test people who've never heard of functions. I just don't know for sure what the story is right now.

Okay, I guess that's fair enough. It's going to be hard to find such people around here, though.
I'm ill at the moment, and I'm going to take some time off from working on this test, like a day or two. I'll read whatever's said at some point.

:( Oh, sorry to hear that. Try and get well, okay?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?

I planned to work on d, but didn't you choose b previously?

Well, I don't mean for me; we solved it for me to my satisfaction. I think D might be the problem for shortnsweet.

But actually, I also chose D in my first run for question 3. Facts are easy and obvious; morals are less so. I may think ethics and morals MATTER more than easy, obvious facts... but facts are definitely easier for me.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I still say you're simplifying TJ so much that you're turning it into its least important factor.

You're changing it from something complex into a simple matching game. If this were true, we wouldn't have such violent arguments between TJ types all the time. We'd have drones, which, I'm guessing, is all you see in us.

I call bias.

"I concern myself with separating fact from opinion and other obfuscation" for example, would be much better.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Oh, and I should mention again that I think function-knowledgeable INxJs have an inclination to be biased due to their notions of what their dominant functions are. This may only be true for some.

Personally, inasmuch as I buy any of the typology stuff (I think it's a parlor game that will probably never be substantiated with real neuroscience), I think socionics is closest. And I like your idea about leading functions and stuff. But I know what I do at a gut level versus a conscious level, and judging right vs. wrong is not what I do very consciously, not what I do with my gut. Noticing body language and connotation and those sorts of things is what I do nearly unconsciously.