• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
hmm

Maybe then, you should write it to include both pieces.

I go to great lengths to support my logical conclusions with factual evidence.
You're a J, naturally.

What do you mean "include both pieces?" You have me confused.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
You're a J, naturally.

What do you mean "include both pieces?" You have me confused.

I mean the "logic" piece (which, without it, I think a lot of INTJs will avoid because it doesn't speak to their base concern) and the "great lengths to find fact" piece (which may discourage INTPs from answering first).

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I mean the "logic" piece (which, without it, I think a lot of INTJs will avoid because it doesn't speak to their base concern) and the "great lengths to find fact" piece (which may discourage INTPs from answering first).
I still shy away from using the word logic in 2d, because I'm only trying to sift half the Ts.

You might have something though, in relation to the effort of finding fact.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You haven't answered my question.

What's the difference between nuance and facts?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I still shy away from using the word logic in 2d, because I'm only trying to sift half the Ts.

You might have something though, in relation to the effort of finding fact.

Well, how about

I will go to great lengths to support my conclusions with factual evidence.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, how about

I will go to great lengths to support my conclusions with factual evidence.
"great" is perhaps too strong, but I'm thinking about this.

Hap: I don't even know what you're on about. I thought the difference between nuance and fact was clear. Nuance is by nature not apparent like facts are.

But that's what I'm constantly yelled at for not doing, along with most INJs.
Most TJs do. Are you aware that "There are always exceptions?" That's why tests don't work all the time, no matter how good they are.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hap: I don't even know what you're on about. I thought the difference between nuance and fact was clear. Nuance is by nature not apparent like facts are.

But by noticing a nuance, then that means they are apparent. You know, because you noticed them.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Meh. I'm thinking of countless SPs and FJs who will answer 2d if I use your suggestion, Eileen. It has too much of the "I am intelligent, and this test will show you that I am" draw to it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So what's more important, repelling SPs and FJs or attracting TJs?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
2d. I can tell you whether something is true or false, based on my acquired knowledge.

?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
2d. I can tell you whether something is true or false, based on my acquired knowledge.

?

NTJs are still going to fall through that crack, and SPs may pick it.

Also, are you implying a vast, encyclopedia-like knowledge? Because I know plenty of INTPs who are like that, too, but I've never seen a single NTJ like that.

Also, going on prior knowledge, it'd be pretty easy to tell whether something is 'true or false.' This is like asking whether you know the first president of the United States. Anyone can do that, however being 'concerned' with nuance or ethics are particular. This is like a non-answer.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I wish there were a better way to characterize "using logic and evidence" without falling into the trap of making it sound like if you don't choose it, then you must not be intelligent. Maybe something that more fundamentally describes the process, without actually mentioning the words "logic", "rational", "reason", "knowledge" or "evidence". I will think about it...

redacted

?

That's probably the best wording you can find. The deeper problem is that you've set answers against each other that are totally independent.

IMO, all tests are going to be severely lacking unless they test independent functions independently.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
NTJs are still going to fall through that crack, and SPs may pick it.

Also, are you implying a vast, encyclopedia-like knowledge? Because I know plenty of INTPs who are like that, too, but I've never seen a single NTJ like that.
You're considering each answer as if it were in isolation. There are three other options which have to sound worse.

That's probably the best wording you can find. The deeper problem is that you've set answers against each other that are totally independent.

IMO, all tests are going to be severely lacking unless they test independent functions independently.
I know what you're getting at, and some people will obviously have a hard time deciding. But I took this into account, because I think more often than not, the people who come up with X results are the same people who will receive an improper type result from existing tests.

I could have made this a lot easier to make decisions in, but that wasn't the intention.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You're considering each question as if it were in isolation. There are three other options which have to sound worse.

A. I can tell you my precise position on abortion and complex reasons why
B. I can give eighty different hypothetical situations based on the prompt of a soda can
C. I can catch bullets in my teeth
D. I can count to five

???

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
A. I can tell you my precise position on abortion
B. I can give eighty different hypothetical situations based on the prompt of a soda can
C. I can catch bullets in my teeth
D. I can count to five

???
D is truest for me. Easy.