• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
This is where I am right now, and it's not final:

I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore the hypothetical.

Add: Or this:

I am concerned with nuance, the subtle, and the hypothetical.

I like the first one better.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"Logic" maybe. Or I would replace the question with something like "I am naturally detached and logical".
It's a TJ selector, smartypants. If I did that, hardly any NTPs would choose b.

The principle behind the test design, the difference between NP and TJ, is that TJs tend to seek out facts (by reading countless books, for example), and use them when appropriate. NPs tend to trust their perception of situations as they are presented.

Well, what was the problem with "logic"?
See above.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
2d: "I can easily understand the functions and purposes of things and actions"

Terrible wording, but eh.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
It's a TJ selector, smartypants. If I did that, hardly any NPs would choose b.

The principle behind the test design, the difference between NP and TJ, is that TJs tend to seek out facts (by reading countless books, for example), and use them when appropriate. NPs tend to trust their perception of situations as they are presented.

See above.

Hmm, I disagree with your fundamental understanding of TJ vs. TP, then. Both are deeply concerned with logic and consistency, but NTPs are more likely to explore the hypotheticals.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hmm, I disagree with your fundamental understanding of TJ vs. TP, then. Both are deeply concerned with logic and consistency, but NTPs are more likely to explore the hypotheticals.
The above statement doesn't disagree with mine. They're both true.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

That would make me a TJ, then...

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Well, how about...

I am very concerned with things being logically and factually consistent.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't get this obsession with facts.

I guess you didn't see my suggestion, then.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
It's a TJ selector, smartypants. If I did that, hardly any NTPs would choose b.

See above.

I'm going to type this out with the disclaimer that it isn't a finished thought.

I think that INTJs and INFJs are very similar, just in different modes. Just as I am most concerned with ethical consistency, INTJs are concerned with logical (and necessarily factual) consistency. I am not likely to make a snap judgment about whether something is ethically/morally right or wrong without pondering, and INTJs may need similar pondering (or exploration) in order to make a judgment about logic.

I don't really know what that contributes to this discussion, just wanted to put that out there. I guess that I hope to see some kind of parallel in the NJ options.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't get this obsession with facts.
Why does it have to be an obsession? The question only asks if (let's just compare b and d) you're more prone to know facts, or notice nuance.

I believe TJs are more prone to know facts, and NPs are more prone to notice nuance, and my goal is to let the test do its job in differentiating. The wording is the issue, to me.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think that INTJs and INFJs are very similar, just in different modes. Just as I am most concerned with ethical consistency, INTJs are concerned with logical (and necessarily factual) consistency. I am not likely to make a snap judgment about whether something is ethically/morally right or wrong without pondering, and INTJs may need similar pondering (or exploration) in order to make a judgment about logic.
Oh, I agree with you. The only problem, as I said, is that when you make one answer very attractive, like d would be if I used your suggestion, it draws more test takers than it should.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
hmm

Maybe then, you should write it to include both pieces.

I go to great lengths to support my logical conclusions with factual evidence.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why does it have to be an obsession? The question only asks if (let's just compare b and d) you're more prone to know facts, or notice nuance.

I believe TJs are more prone to know facts, and NPs are more prone to notice nuance, and my goal is to let the test do its job in differentiating. The wording is the issue, to me.

Yes, but you went ahead and added hypotheticals, which is something my sense of nuance has no place for, and would drive me away from that answer.

What's the difference between nuance and specifics (and therefore, facts) pertaining to a certain situation?