• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Possible question 2 revision:

a. I am very concerned with whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
c. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.
d. I can quickly tell you whether most things are factually true or false.

Does it work?

I can buy it, though I'm not entirely sure that I would say that I am more concerned with right/wrong than I easily pick up on nuance/subtlety. It's like choosing a conscious preference over an unconscious process. Still - big improvement.

D is still a problem.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I can buy it, though I'm not entirely sure that I would say that I am more concerned with right/wrong than I easily pick up on nuance/subtlety. It's like choosing a conscious preference over an unconscious process. Still - big improvement.

D is still a problem.
It's all wording. I can almost see F judgments trouncing around in FJs brains, and more than anything else for sure, and more than in FPs. But how can I extract self-recognition in a test? *pulls hair out*

I'll keep working.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Moar revision:

a. I am concerned with whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I take pride in easily noticing nuance, and the subtle.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.
d. I can quickly tell you whether most things are factually true or false.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
a. I am very concerned with whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I notice and explore (?) nuance and subtlety.

c. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.
d. I am very concerned with whether things are logically consistent.

For (b), I think that it might be improved by making it some kind of activity, rather than an experience. NPs follow those wild hairs/whims more visibly than NJs.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
b. I notice and explore (?) nuance and subtlety.

For (b), I think that it might be improved by making it some kind of activity, rather than an experience. NPs follow those wild hairs/whims more visibly than NJs.
I changed it to "I take pride in noticing nuance, and the subtle." Too quick for ya, E.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
That's a step in the right direction.

Not necessarily - I don't think that whether we are "proud" of things necessarily means anything. There are, for example, individuals who "take pride" in their skills in logic and reasoning, but who are not all that logical or reasonable.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Not necessarily - I don't think that whether we are "proud" of things necessarily means anything. There are, for example, individuals who "take pride" in their skills in logic and reasoning, but who are not all that logical or reasonable.
I don't know where else to go with it. "I do it easily," "I take pride in doing it," "I enjoy it," ?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not sure but this test looks considerably longer than it did yesterday.

If keeping it simple was a goal, do these extra questions add enough accuracy to the test in a way that makes up for it being a longer and less simple test?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm not sure but this test looks considerably longer than it did yesterday.

If keeping it simple was a goal, do these extra questions add enough accuracy to the test in a way that makes up for it being a longer and less simple test?
Uhhh...It still has exactly the same number of questions and options, man! Ganj got you by the cojones?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nuance and subtlety are the hallmarks of NPism? I don't think so.

NP is about a focus on possibilities/imagination/abstraction/the unseen as opposed to the here and now/concrete/reality/closure.

3d is still wrong.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I don't know where else to go with it. "I do it easily," "I take pride in doing it," "I enjoy it," ?

I think that NPs use the nuances more obviously. For me, the nuance may or may not result in any particular action, but I feel it in my bones. I think that there's a consciousness issue here--what we use on the surface, what we use beneath it. Does that make sense?

Maybe -

I depend on nuance and subtlety to gain information about my surroundings (It's active... I don't know if it works yet for me)

I enjoy exploring nuance and subtlety (this is the one that I would definitely put below "I am concerned...")

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think that NPs use the nuances more obviously. For me, the nuance may or may not result in any particular action, but I feel it in my bones. I think that there's a consciousness issue here--what we use on the surface, what we use beneath it. Does that make sense?

Maybe -

I depend on nuance and subtlety to gain information about my surroundings (It's active... I don't know if it works yet for me)

I enjoy exploring nuance and subtlety (this is the one that I would definitely put below "I am concerned...")
The second one has merit, I think, but the first one, with its mention of "surroundings" is bad business for S/N differentiation.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
The second one has merit, I think, but the first one, with its mention of "surroundings" is bad business for S/N differentiation.

well, maybe "the world" instead of "surroundings." you're right about that.

I like the second one better for your purposes, though. The reason for this is that it expresses preference of use. Like, sure... I like exploring nuance and subtlety and do it a lot, but I'm more concerned with ethics.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
well, maybe "the world" instead of "surroundings." you're right about that.

I like the second one better for your purposes, though. The reason for this is that it expresses preference of use. Like, sure... I like exploring nuance and subtlety and do it a lot, but I'm more concerned with ethics.
This is where I am right now, and it's not final:

I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore the hypothetical.

Add: Or this:

I am concerned with nuance, the subtle, and the hypothetical.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

a. I am naturally sympathetic.
b. I tend to be correct, in academic matters.

I like the wording on some of these questions. But with 5b, "in academic matters" seems too narrow of a choice. Not all Ts are academic, and this could push them away from the answer enough to were they would answer 5a, especially if they aren't a strong T. And very academic Fs might be drawn to 5b in some cases.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

a. I am naturally sympathetic.
b. I tend to be correct, in academic matters.

I like the wording on some of these questions. But with 5b, "in academic matters" seems too narrow of a choice. Not all Ts are academic, and this could push them away from the answer enough to were they would answer 5a, especially if they aren't a strong T. And very academic Fs might be drawn to 5b in some cases.
What word would you replace academic with?