• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you know your type? INFP would lead to your results, I think.

I think INFJ, actually, but most people think I'm an INTJ or an ISTJ. I finally got tired of trying, because I couldn't find a way to show that one answer was more correct than any other answer. I still tend to think of myself as an INFJ with underdeveloped Fe, but I'm really not sure.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously, blue, if you don't want to answer the questions, don't take the test! I'm flabbergasted!

Arrrgh! Nutter! I don't want a result, I'm showing you the flaws. That's the whole idea of TESTING!

I'm gonna design the hell out of this now and get back to you. Right after I finish procrastinating.

That is assuming you want constructive criticism?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think INFJ, actually, but most people think I'm an INTJ or an ISTJ. I finally got tired of trying, because I couldn't find a way to show that one answer was more correct than any other answer. I still tend to think of myself as an INFJ, but I'm really not sure.
If you're J, that means a few Js have picked b for 2 already, and I should therefore work on the wording.

That is assuming you want constructive criticism?
Do you have any of that? And I'm not sure, blue. I kinda wanted to hear from people who finished the test.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you have any of that? And I'm not sure, blue. I kinda wanted to hear from people who finished the test.
Just as I thought.
Don't collaborate then, just FAIL.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Possible rephrasing for 2b:

b. I pick up on nuance and subtlety so much that I easily miss the original point

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

a. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
c. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.
d. I can instantly tell you whether something is factually true or false.

3A. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
b. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.

3B. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!

c. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
d. I can instantly tell you whether something is factually true or false.

[Neither of these are good options for me. I am more concerned with morals and ethics than fact, but I would not say that I am more likely to know the answer to a moral question than I am to a question of fact. Furthermore, I think that "fact" kind of connotes a sensing preference rather than just a thinking one. Also, I think that "moral" has such a specific connotation that it's better to talk about Fs as concerned primarily with "ethics" even though it's basically the same thing.]

a. I value order, and follow plans.
b. I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity.

[I think that a lot of these questions would be better phrased "I am more orderly than spontaneous" and the like, but I get what you're doing]

a. I am naturally sympathetic.
b. I tend to be correct.

a. After several hours in a group, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.

a. I prefer unquestionable fact.
b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.

This makes me INXX

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"Instantly" in questions 2 and 3 changed to "quickly." A small change, for now.

Fail safe huh?
Even for the liars?
Only some of them.

Eileen: I think I even had you in mind when devising question 2, and thought for sure you would have picked a. I guess I learn something every day. Damn it!

Maybe I should change it to ethically.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If you're J, that means a few Js have picked b for 2 already, and I should therefore work on the wording.

I'm reasonably certain that I'm a J... I don't really live in the moment, I'm kind of rigid, I worry about the future a lot, I get things done on or ahead of time, and I would dislike having to adapt all the time.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm reasonably certain that I'm a J... I don't really live in the moment, I'm kind of rigid, I worry about the future a lot, I get things done on or ahead of time, and I would dislike having to adapt all the time.
Yeah, that's J all right.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I would like some input here. What about changing "I can quickly tell you..." to "I will readily tell you..." for the related questions in 2 and 3?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Only some of them.

Eileen: I think I even had you in mind when devising question 2, and thought for sure you would have picked a. I guess I learn something every day. Damn it!

Maybe I should change it to ethically.

Well - I do kind of sit close to the INFJ/INFP line. I believe that I'm obviously INFJ, but in as much as we have weak individual letters, I have a very weak "J." But I am totally uncomfortable talking about what is definitively right and wrong. I can recognize corruption in motivation and "bad behavior" but in terms of moral or ethical choices, I am not very likely to say "do this because it's right" or "don't do this because it's wrong." A trait that I would name as one of my primary ones is that I can usually see both sides of an issue and understand why someone would make either choice. Sometimes I'll go so far as to commit to a particular viewpoint 'in all cases' but never do I feel totally comfortable doing so. For example, I will say categorically that the death penalty is wrong, but I will constantly wonder if I really believe that and consider whether I would advocate the death penalty for the director of a genocide or something else really horrifying.

And with regard to the option that I DID pick--nuance and subtlety are very basic to me. I can walk into a room and understand the atmosphere/mood immediately (adjusting myself to that mood may be another story); I can tell what people's words mean below the surface; I think a lot about connotation vs. denotation; etc. I extrapolate a lot from subtleties. And in my experience, that's very common with INFx.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well - I do kind of sit close to the INFJ/INFP line. I believe that I'm obviously INFJ, but in as much as we have weak individual letters, I have a very weak "J." But I am totally uncomfortable talking about what is definitively right and wrong. I can recognize corruption in motivation and "bad behavior" but in terms of moral or ethical choices, I am not very likely to say "do this because it's right" or "don't do this because it's wrong."....
What do you think about the proposed change in post 152? Would you have chosen a?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would like some input here. What about changing "I can quickly tell you..." to "I will readily tell you..." for the related questions in 2 and 3?

I don't understand the need for a temporal component, or a discursive one.

I have a strong/absolute sense of what is right and wrong. - will do

Factually true or false - I don't think that is a good test for T.
That needs to be rethought.

Can you explain the reasoning behind the design? I'm not following your logic.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't understand the need for a temporal component, or a discursive one.

I have a strong/absolute sense of what is right and wrong. - will do

Can you explain the reasoning behind the design? I'm not following your logic.
It's the whole Primary Function business. It's worked more often than not so far, so there's something to it. A judger is more prone to make a decision now than say "let's contemplate this for a while."

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
What do you think about the proposed change in post 152? Would you have chosen a?

I would not have chosen it over B. I am concerned with ethics/morals for sure, but I do not believe that I am quick to categorize things into simple "right" and "wrong." If I do it, it is still not as basic as recognizing subtlety and nuance.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
"Instantly" in questions 2 and 3 changed to "quickly." A small change, for now.

Interesting choice.

I took a look at the answer key.
I didn't know that you could be TJ and S_P both simultaneously.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I would not have chosen it over B. I am concerned with ethics/morals for sure, but I do not believe that I am quick to categorize things into simple "right" and "wrong." If I do it, it is still not as basic as recognizing subtlety and nuance.
Okay, then I have to figure out how to rework the question so you would choose a. Any ideas?

Interesting choice.

I took a look at the answer key.
I didn't know that you could be TJ and S_P both simultaneously.
You can pick those answers if you want, but I'll go out on a limb and say you can't actually be P and J.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?

I think that T is more about logic than facts. Facts just are - some people can recognize them easily or not, but I don't know that it's going to be a T/F thing. If your contrast was between ease in using logic or ethics, I would choose ethics. But since it's morals/ethics vs. facts... facts seem simpler to me.