• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

T

ThatGirl

4 changed from "I value order, and follow plans/I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity" to:

a. I tend to follow a schedule.
b. I tend to be spontaneous.

Are these changes for the better, do you think?

I am a stretigic planner I always follow my own scheduals, but I am willing to plan for off the grid at times.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
7 changed from "I prefer hard fact/I prefer generalities" to:

a. I prefer unquestionable fact.
b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.

5 changed from "I always make an effort to be sympathetic/I always make an effort to be correct." to:

a. I am naturally sympathetic.
b. I tend to be correct.

4 changed from "I value order, and follow plans/I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity" to:

I do. To be honest I always assumed tendency, but this may help people who don't fall towards extremes and/or feel as if being tested in absolutes implies they should feel such a way all the time to be correctly typed.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I am a stretigic planner I always follow my own scheduals, but I am willing to plan for off the grid at times.
Would you say a. is the most appropriate answer for you? (I follow schedules too, but I'm more likely to be spontaneous at any given moment of my free time).

T

ThatGirl

yes A, but would that make me a J or just an NT

I also tend to be random from an outsider point of view, but in the brain, everything has its reason

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
yes A, but would that make me a J or just an NT

I also tend to be random from an outsider point of view, but in the brain, everything has its reason
It is a J answer, are you positive you're P (I remember thinking you might be ENTJ a while back)? What were your answers for 2 and 3?

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP

7 changed from "I prefer hard fact/I prefer generalities" to (Special thanks to Edgar for help with this one):

I think the new one's a bit better, but didn't have trouble getting the original question's intent, either.

5 changed from "I always make an effort to be sympathetic/I always make an effort to be correct." to:

b. I tend to be correct.
I like the new phrasing quite a bit better. It focuses more on natural inclinations rather than where efforts are made. Personally, I'd still be split down the middle on this one, but I think the new question lends itself to better-defined answers.

I actually like the original one better - especially for someone who isn't knowledgeable about MBTI and may not know what the question is going for. For instance - I had no problem picking B on the original one, and would have easily chosen it even if I didn't know the background. However, I *do* tend to follow a schedule in a lot of my actual life - because I have no choice given work office hours, public transportation schedules, dealing with sleep issues, etc.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I actually like the original one better - especially for someone who isn't knowledgeable about MBTI and may not know what the question is going for. For instance - I had no problem picking B on the original one, and would have easily chosen it even if I didn't know the background. However, I *do* tend to follow a schedule in a lot of my actual life - because I have no choice given work office hours, public transportation schedules, dealing with sleep issues, etc.
^Re: question 4. Okay, I should probably change it then. I'll change it back to something like the original.

redacted

7 changed from "I prefer hard fact/I prefer generalities" to (Special thanks to Edgar for help with this one):

b. I tend to be correct.

Those are much better.

Suggestion -- question 2 answer B counts as NP; it should probably only count as N.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
For question 5, what would you think about changing b. from

"I tend to be correct" to

"I take pride in having the correct answer." or

"I'm rarely incorrect."

Those are much better.

Suggestion -- question 2 answer B counts as NP; it should probably only count as N.

I would have to re-do the entire test, and the angle I'm going for isn't straight preferences. It goes along with my function system because an NTJ will more likely be able to tell you something is true or false without contemplating it than an NTP will.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D Yeah I know blue, I was just giving you the business because you hate me so much.
:rolli:
But if you tell me where the test went wrong for you, I'll at least consider what could be done.

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

I'm drawn away from excess. You can phrase this better.

a. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
c. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.
d. I can instantly tell you whether something is factually true or false.
None of these apply. I can't instantly tell you anything. I'm mostly oblivious to externals. How do I determine if I easily pick up on nuance/subtlety? Probably not.
Therefore, can't take 3 - your rules.
3a. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
b. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.

3b. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!

c. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
d. I can instantly tell you whether something is factually true or false.

Depends entirely on the context, so again I can't answer.

b. I tend to be correct.
Neither.
Correct? What does that mean? How are sympathetic and correct opposing?

a. After several hours in a group, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.
I may become uncomfortable in any situation, but at least I get what you are driving at.

I like both equally.

ANSWER KEY (In White):

1. a=E, b=I
2. a=FJ, b=NP, c=SP, d=TJ
3. a=N, b=S, c=F, d=T
4. a=J, b=P
5. a=F, b=T
6. a=I, b=E
7. a=S, b=N

Add all responses for each preference of I or E, N or S, T or F, and J or P. If there is a tie, the result is null under this test (x), and other methods of typing should be used.[/QUOTE]

That makes me an IXXX, I guess. Or just a contrarian.

T

ThatGirl

It is a J answer, are you positive you're P (I remember thinking you might be ENTJ a while back)? What were your answers for 2 and 3?

On number two I did not know how to answer. I put a lot of thought into b,c, and d and most of my energy is focused there but the wording said instantly and easilly so I went with A because I never put much thought into it and it is so vauge that I can troll around the grey area.

Subtlety? it depends I pick up on patterns right away but if someone is being subtle or the sublty is beating around the bush forget it. I have to weigh as 50/50, would not be dominant trait.

If the details are part of the pattern I am very aware of my enviornment. I can oddly enough kill a baby spider I spotted from across the room because something was out of place, but I couldnt tell you the color of the table. 50/50 not dominant

I am instantly aware if something is true or false yes but in order to conclude I must gather all information possible, meaning that true or false will not be defined untill after the situation has grabbed my attention by swaying it to one side at which point I will investigate 50/50 not dominant too concrete.

Probably a longer answer than you thought you would get but that is what I am saying by a lot of these thought processes do not take the temperment into account especially NT because if it is vauge or left to interpretation, I cannot conclude and it drops to the bottom of the pile.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Bluemonday: Based on what you're saying, it seems your answer for 2 should be b., but you don't want to accept that for some reason?

As for the others, if you can't decide, I can't help you! This test has to be very well balanced to work, meaning that all options will appeal to many people, and it won't be easy to decide. If it were so easy, more people would choose one over the others.

On number two I did not know how to answer. I put a lot of thought into b,c, and d and most of my energy is focused there but the wording said instantly and easilly so I went with A because I never put much thought into it and it is so vauge that I can troll around the grey area.

Subtlety? it depends I pick up on patterns right away but if someone is being subtle or the sublty is beating around the bush forget it. I have to weigh as 50/50, would not be dominant trait.

If the details are part of the pattern I am very aware of my enviornment. I can oddly enough kill a baby spider I spotted from across the room because something was out of place, but I couldnt tell you the color of the table. 50/50 not dominant

I am instantly aware if something is true or false yes but in order to conclue I must gather all information possible, meaning that true or false will not be defined untill after the situation has brabbed my attention by swaying it to one side at which point I will investigate 50/50 not dominant too concrete.
Well, based on this, I couldn't tell you what to choose, really. I doubt you're F, so a. wouldn't fit, but it doesn't sound like b. fits extremely well. It sounds like you're being more cautious than most. I'm not sure how we can match you up with this test, but I'll think about it.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bluemonday: Based on what you're saying, it seems your answer for 2 should be b., but you don't want to accept that for some reason?

As for the others, if you can't decide, I can't help you! This test has to be very well balanced to work, meaning that all options will appeal to many people, and it won't be easy to decide. If it were so easy, more people would choose one over the others.

I don't want your help. I'm helping you! :steam:

No, I can't answer 2b. It's not accurate. I really can't do any of those things.
Are you calling me deficient? (don't answer that!)

And your rules exclude 3 if you haven't answered 2. FAIL.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. B
2. B
3b. C
4. B
5. A
6. A
7. A

It appears to be IxFP... but I don't know myself very well, so I wouldn't take my answers too seriously.