• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Is this your way of telling me that I can't be a J as I never read instructions because I am too lazy?:newwink:
Eh, somethin' like that. I added some clarification to the "instruction manual" though. ;)

Add: Wording of answers in question 5 changed from "I am nearly always..." to "I always make an effort to be..."

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
1 b I
2 b NP
3b c F
4 b P
5 b T
6 a I
7 b N

null?

(INXP)

I'm honed towards morals, but truth is growth (which is in a way, sympathetic).

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, let's get personal, shall we. "You failed to self-assess properly. My test was just sitting there, and you screwed it up yourself."

What were your individual answers?

I'm not being personal, you dork! (that was personal - see the difference?)

Why are you being so defensive? The validity of these tests is easy to measure. Repeatability, congruity. Yours FAILS!

But as usual, you choose to take criticism as a personal attack. You invite it, then you try to shoo it away.

FAIL. ;)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm not being personal you dork! (that was personal - see the difference?)

Why are you being so defensive? The validity of these tests is easy to measure. Repeatability, congruity. Yours FAILS!

But as usual, you chose to take criticism as a personal attack. You invite it, then you try to shoo it away.

FAIL. ;)

It worked perfectly for me. Under your measure for success or failure, the test succeeds. If you think it didn't work, post your results and your expected type and see where it went wrong. Or maybe you're projecting yourself into a type that you aren't, and are getting defensive.

Last edited:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It worked perfectly for me. Under your measure for success or failure, the test succeeds. If you think it didn't work, post you're results and your expected type and see where it went wrong. Or maybe you're projecting yourself into a type that you aren't, and are getting defensive.

Pfft. The testing of tests is for invalidation, not validation. I.e. the failures have more weight than the successes. Don't you know anything?

As I have already said - I don't like the design. It is designed to fail. Buy a book on psychometric testing 'cos I don't have time to explain it to you.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Pfft. The testing of tests is for invalidation, not validation. I.e. the failures have more weight than the successes. Don't you know anything?

As I have already said - I don't like the design. It is designed to fail. Buy a book on psychometric testing 'cos I don't have time to explain it to you.

Yes, I am new to typing, maybe that's why the test works better for me because I am not yet conditioned to select certain types of responses.

However, you keep saying the test fails because you got the wrong type. You should probably post your results and back them up based on reasons why an INTP would select that response based on analysis and your deep understanding of these type tests. Then Flack may be able to clear up the question, or alter the test to be more accurate. You're telling him the test fails without giving any explicative reasons as to why.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I am new to typing, maybe that's why the test works better for me because I am not yet conditioned to select certain types of responses.

However, you keep saying the test fails because you got the wrong type. You should probably post your results and back them up based on reasons why an INTP would select that response based on analysis and your deep understanding of these type tests. Then Flack may be able to clear up the question, or alter the test to be more accurate. You're telling him the test fails without giving any explicative reasons as to why.

I'd rather write my own test than fix his.
Oh, wait...I don't need to. :doh:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

a. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
c. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.
d. I can instantly tell you whether something is factually true or false.

3a. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
b. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.

3b. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!

c. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.

a. I value order, and I follow plans.
b. I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity.

a. I always make an effort to be sympathetic.
b. I always make an effort to be correct.

a. After several hours in a group, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.

a. I prefer hard facts.
b. I prefer generalities.

INfx

4 and 5 are tough ones for me. 4- I value order (and am quite orderly) as well as spontaneity (example - while traveling and in free time, I'm quite spontaneous. In comparison to my uber-J friend, I'm a total P). 5-It's really a tie between the two. I try to be sympathetic to people, even if in some cases I'm somewhat faking the sympathy, but I also have a strong drive to be accurate/correct in what I say.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

a. I prefer hard facts.

1.b=I
2. b=NP
3. d=T
4. a=J AND b=P
5. b=T
6. a=I
7. b=N

INTp- I usually test weak P, so this result makes sense. Question 4 has the same problem I have found with most personality typing tests -- Mixing what people value with what they do. I really value order and planning, but in practice I am not very orderly. I don't place a particularly high value on spontaneity, but I am somewhat spontaneous.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh. I read that on iSpy as "I am a dream away from excessive solitude."
I like Freud.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Man, a test where the questions change after I've already answered. It's like High School English class all over again.

T

ThatGirl

Your test made me an INXJ Flak

I don't think that's very accurate.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP

B.

B (but really, none of the above - I'm often too oblivious to pick up on *anything* - but B's a better option than the others.

A (more that it's definitely not B)

B - but iffy, depending on the circumstances.

Neither. This is a "which of your kids do you love more?" type of question. The real answer is "I try to deliver the truth, as objectively as I can, with compassion." Lack of either is not something I find acceptable in myself.

A.

a. I prefer hard facts.

B, mostly.

So your test gives me INxP, which is at least somewhat accurate, as far as it goes. But like some others have said, I think this test is WAY too short to be dependable in general. You're only going to identify people correctly who identify VERY strongly with a certain type, and even that not reliably - the sample size for each characteristic you're trying to evaluate is very small (it's *1* for T/F!). I know that you're just trying to provide a gateway into typing for people who aren't familiar with it, but even for those purposes, I think you'd be better off expanding your test to at *least* twice its current size (at that point, you might as well find an existing, longer test you like), and follow up with providing resources for people to learn more (this might very well be your plan anyway). Any test, especially a short one, is much less likely to be accurate than a self (or better, professionally administered) evaluation based on a broader set of information.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

B (but really, none of the above - I'm often too oblivious to pick up on *anything* - but B's a better option than the others.

A (more that it's definitely not B)

You answered the wrong question for number 3. You chose (b) for 2, so you should not have answered (3a), which is for people who chose (a) or (d).

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
You answered the wrong question for number 3. You chose (b) for 2, so you should not have answered (3a), which is for people who chose (a) or (d).

Ah, you're right, Spartacuss:

I'd have to say neither to this question too. My ability to tell whether something is "instantly" wrong or right has much more to do with the cut-n-dry-ness of the issue (kicking puppies vs. petting puppies, 2+2=4 vs. 2+2=5) than whether it's a moral or factual issue. Very little is worthy of an instant decision.

Doesn't change my result or my comments (except I guess that now there are two T/F questions, when I'd said one), but I do feel sort of silly for missing that :blush:. Thanks for the correction.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) A = E
2) D = TJ
3A) A = N
4) A = J
5) B = T
6) B = E
7) B = N

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
:D Yeah I know blue, I was just giving you the business because you hate me so much.

But if you tell me where the test went wrong for you, I'll at least consider what could be done.

So far the incidence of giving an improper type is incredibly low, while giving "undecided" preferences isn't. I can accept this, but I will still try to improve the test.

Thanks to those who have taken it.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
7 changed from "I prefer hard fact/I prefer generalities" to (Special thanks to Edgar for help with this one):

a. I prefer unquestionable fact.
b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.

5 changed from "I always make an effort to be sympathetic/I always make an effort to be correct." to:

a. I am naturally sympathetic.
b. I tend to be correct.

4 changed from "I value order, and follow plans/I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity" to:

a. I tend to follow a schedule.
b. I tend to be spontaneous.

Are these changes for the better, do you think?

T

ThatGirl

I think a lot of these personality tests do not factor in temperment manurisms on the whole. I have thought that perhaps N would seem slightly more introverted by nature. T would seem to be slightly more J due to the thinking function.

Also when assessing strengths and weaknesses. I can comment more on the physical world then I would readily make judments as to my thoughts and opinions. NTs are said to not like to give false information and will speak in a way that tries to ensure that (aka just broad enough) all these fact and false questions don't take into account ideas that are in the grey area.