• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hmmm, I have a slight problem with question 5. Specifically, I'm not sure that there's a real difference between being "just" and being correct. If I am correct in my judgment, then I will have decided justly.

Or am I missing something?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hmmm, I have a slight problem with question 5. Specifically, I'm not sure that there's a real difference between being "just" and being correct. If I am correct in my judgment, then I will have decided justly.

Or am I missing something?
Well...What I intended to separate there was being right about impersonal matters (correctness) vs. being right about personal matters (justice). I may reword it though, if I can think of something better which remains vague enough.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well...What I intended to separate there was being right about impersonal matters (correctness) vs. being right about personal matters (justice). I may reword it though, if I can think of something better which remains vague enough.

Oh, so it's like a variation of the subjective/objective split? I was confused because I didn't view justice as a personal matter, since we usually determine the justness of a decision by how well it measures up to what is factually correct. I misunderstood.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh, so it's like a variation of the subjective/objective split? I was confused because I didn't view justice as a personal matter, since we usually determine the justness of a decision by how well it measures up to what is factually correct. I misunderstood.
But being that you misunderstood, it may still be better off reworded.

The trick to an extremely short test like this is getting it brutally perfect, on the razor's edge. It's not easy.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Question five has been changed from

a. I am almost always just.
b. I am almost always correct.

To:

a. I am almost always sympathetic.

Better?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Question five has been changed from

a. I am almost always just.

To:

Better?

Yeah, much more clear :yes:.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really don't like the design. And I couldn't get a result, this sort of thing will only work for people with no subtlety.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

a. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
c. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.
d. I can instantly tell you whether something is factually true or false.

3a. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
b. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.

3b. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!

c. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.

a. I value order and follow plans
b. I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity.

a. After several hours in a group, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.

a. I prefer hard fact.
b. I prefer speculation.

--------------

Jack Flak, I found most your questions too unequivocal and not abstract enough; for example, I am never 'almost always' anything, well perhaps a jackass.:devil:

Also, I failed your test. It says I am an IXTX ( b=I d=TJ a=N b=P b= Ta= I a=S).:steam:

wolfy

awsm

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

a. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
c. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.

3a. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
b. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.

3b. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!

c. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.

a. I value order, and I follow plans.
b. I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity.

a. After several hours in a group, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.

a. I prefer hard fact.
b. I prefer speculation.

I had a hard time deciding a or c on 2.

The ones in bold make me XSFP. :yes:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I really don't like the design. And I couldn't get a result, this sort of thing will only work for people with no subtlety.
Dinosaur Man said:
Also, I failed your test. It says I am an IXTX (I - TJ - N- P -T - I - S) .
That was designed in intentionally, believe it or not, hence "Fail-Safe," so people who don't self-evaluate properly won't mis-type as often. Sorry!

Dinosaur Man said:
Jack Flak, I found most your questions too unequivocal and not abstract enough; for example, I am never 'almost always' anything, well perhaps a jackass.:devil:
Is there some better way I could word "truest" so people will understand. Should I say "less untrue?" lol. I DON'T KNOW!

Excuse me, I'm a little slap-happy.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was designed in intentionally, believe it or not, hence "Fail-Safe," so people who don't self-evaluate properly won't mis-type as often. Sorry!

I'm not mistyped. I am strongly differentiated.

You can do better.

ygolo

My termites win
Looks like I am an IxxP on your test.

1.b
2.b
3b.d
4.b
5.a
6.a
7.a

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm not mistyped. I am strongly differentiated.

You can do better.
I didn't say you were mistyped. I want as few people as possible to come up with incorrect preferences on the test itself. If you're truly T, I think it's better to receive INxP than INFP.

I would really like to hear the validity of the test from people who aren't familiar with tests, as well, to remove the knowledge bias from the equation.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Looks like I am an IxxP on your test.

1.b
2.b
3b.d
4.b
5.a
6.a
7.a

I should probably work on question 7 in the next day or two.

I'm not sure how we could get around question 5 here, except for prioritizing 2 and 3 over it, which kinda defeats the purpose. Tough one.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I think it's a good test, I like how you do 3a and 3b questions. Typed as an INTP, and I'm pretty sure that's right.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't say you were mistyped. I want as few people as possible to come up with incorrect preferences on the test itself. If you're truly T, I think it's better to receive INxP than INFP.

I would really like to hear the validity of the test from people who aren't familiar with tests, as well, to remove the knowledge bias from the equation.

If so you are posting in the wrong place. :doh:

I am INTP. Unequivocally. If your test can't type people with strongly expressed preferences, then it FAILS.

I don't think X ever adds clarity. It negates the whole purpose of testing for innate preferences. There are no type descriptions for X.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I am INTP. Unequivocally. If your test can't type people with strongly expressed preferences, then it FAILS.

Oh, let's get personal, shall we. "You failed to self-assess properly. My test was just sitting there, and you screwed it up yourself."

What were your individual answers?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Is there some better way I could word "truest" so people will understand. Should I say "less untrue?" lol. I DON'T KNOW!
Is this your way of telling me that I can't be a J as I never read instructions because I am too lazy?:newwink: