• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
but I could lie and make myself ANY type!

that's the problem with tests ;)

Leave it to an ENTP to come up with that sort of conclusion. I thought it could be dangerous to those who were really itching to be a type, but then I thought who could possibly enjoy that...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Leave it to an ENTP to come up with that sort of conclusion. I thought it could be dangerous to those who were really itching to be a type, but then I thought who could possibly enjoy that...

but the possibility of screwing things up ALWAYS crosses my mind... perhaps you're right and ENTPs ARE evil :(

But who is REALLY unbiased and sincere when answering such things?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
But who is REALLY unbiased and sincere when answering such things?
Me!

But you're certainly right, and I think (Intuition again!) that the biggest problem with testing as opposed to analysis is that many people can't help but answer in the way they think will be perceived as "intelligent." It screws everything up. It's something I try to take into consideration when I design tests, but the same people can just end up answering randomly.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not going to say too much.. but the thought of considering an opposing view as my own repulses me too much. I can temporarily hold that for as long as a debate necessitates but when it comes to being truthful like on a test, I'm much more of a hard ass. I like to think about it, but not act upon it. The impulse is just for thought in my mind.

Edit: although, the intelligence aspect is an issue on longer test's this one was to short for me to really ponder too much. It depends though, because I've taken numerous tests and have some knowledge of what they're asking so I was more decisive. I think the longer the need to reflect, the more time to be biased. Obviously if this is an intro test then people might skew results somewhat because of that self reflecting till a bias occurs.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tests work for the honest, or those who aren't bored, but for the rest of us, it just takes a lot of learning about MBTI shit and who/what we are.

But that's just my opinion. :)

I won't answer, because I'll overthink the answers.

and yeah- I'm the type of asshole who screws with tests when bored.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I screw with people when I'm bored, its strange. I don't do it for fun it's just something that passes time. Usually I avoid them or try hard not to engage. Test's and text are too inanimate for me to get really involved. I think up a lot of shit but acting out is way less appealing.

People are fun though for me when it comes to manipulating my thought patterns to see different reactions.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
b. I pick up on nuance or subtlety that many others don't.

This assumes that the person taking the test doesn't know many NPs. I nearly answered no to that option because I'm overtired and couldn't think back more than a week - I've spent the past week almost exclusively in the company of INXPs.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tests work for the honest, or those who aren't bored, but for the rest of us, it just takes a lot of learning about MBTI shit and who/what we are.

But that's just my opinion. :)

I won't answer, because I'll overthink the answers.

and yeah- I'm the type of asshole who screws with tests when bored.

What they need is an MBTI test about taking tests! ;)

They could have questions like "Are you thinking about the hidden motives of this question?" (I guess you would be after being asked that, I need a rethink)

Or even something like "I believe in the Validity of Tests? True/False" could help decide if someone was "S" or "N" :)

Ok, I may have gotten a bit carried away... :9436:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Okay, I revised question seven from (iirc lol):

a. I prefer specific facts.
b. I prefer general theory.

To:

a. I prefer hard fact.
b. I prefer speculation.

Better? Worse? The same?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
They could have questions like "Are you thinking about the hidden motives of this question?" (I guess you would be after being asked that, I need a rethink)

Or even something like "I believe in the Validity of Tests? True/False" could help decide if someone was "S" or "N" :)

Haha, I actually thought about having some "meta" questions, like "Did you have a hard time deciding on a or b for the last question? But I think it would be too confusing. ;D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
or, "did you just flip a coin to answer question #7?"

"do you feel paranoid that I knew that?"

"do you think this indicates that I'm with the government and therefore out to get you?"

people are fun..... :laugh:

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
or, "did you just flip a coin to answer question #7?"

"do you feel paranoid that I knew that?"

"do you think this indicates that I'm with the government and therefore out to get you?"

people are fun..... :laugh:

Yeah, they are. I like the sound of that redraft :D

You'd be able to determine if they are paranoid if not for anything else!

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Or if they get pissed off. Meta questions always shock me. I remember I had to answer a couple for a little one day gym pass. I just immediately jolted my head back and took a while to recover. I just disengage my brain like a mindless monkey when I'm taking those things. I'd give it like a N/A

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
2 is a little iffy... I felt like more than one could be true for me.

3 is phrased strangely. Maybe if you changed the first part of 3a to "I notice small details of my physical environment"? I dunno. S/N is always the more confusing letter.

Also, neither option for 6 was true for me. But then again, I'm an incredibly borderline E. And an only child.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I felt like more than one could be true for me.
Truest is key, as everyone is somewhat capable at all the choices. The principle of preference selection is one of nuance, otherwise it wouldn't work.

I do wish that were obvious to everyone, because if it were, everyone would be better test-takers. But then again, everyone would be NP! There may be a better method, but I'm unaware of it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some Canadian scientists just made a personality test (hasn't been released yet) that had a really cool question. Not sure if you could fit it in or not. It goes like this:

a. I am a hard worker.
b. I am creative.

Edit: Thanks for the clarification, Jack! I now have no issues with #2 (since I got the SJ answer :))

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Some Canadian scientists just made a personality test (hasn't been released yet) that had a really cool question. Not sure if you could fit it in or not. It goes like this:

a. I am a hard worker.
b. I am creative.
I've seen questions like that before, I think, but I gotta tell ya, I'm not sure what it's getting at. P/J?

redacted

1 - a - E
2 - b - NP
3 - d - T
4 - a - J
5 - ? - ? (both are true)
6 - b - E
7 - b - N

So... ENTx

(maybe you should have an odd number of questions for each dichotomy so x wouldn't be as much of a problem.)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen questions like that before, I think, but I gotta tell ya, I'm not sure what it's getting at. P/J?

How about SJ/everything else? LOL :)

But seriously, I don't think I know enough about MBTI to answer that one. The non-creative ones, I suppose, would be the types who would rather follow pre-established norms. Is that J? Or is that just SJ?