• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The AD&D Character Alignment Test

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not as funny as I had hoped (more serious), but if you enjoy the alignment system and enjoy wasting time taking these online tests, then here it is.

Quiesce

pfft, see my sig

[edit2] Actually taking it, they claim:
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is
Neutral Good

eh, close enough

[edit]
Also this is on the official homepage of Wizards of the Coast, a Hasbro company.

Father Hasbro doesn't do comedy.

...Darth Tater aside...

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Neutral Evil

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn’t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. The criminal who robs and murders to get what she wants is neutral evil. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. The common phrase for neutral evil is "true evil." Neutral evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

I can't imagine being anything but lawful though...

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmm... Neutral Evil

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn’t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. The criminal who robs and murders to get what she wants is neutral evil. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. The common phrase for neutral evil is "true evil." Neutral evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, at least Gatsby's worked well enough... hmmm.....!

If I had to define myself, I'd say I was Neutral Good.

Quiesce

Mine may have been accurate.

A lazy Chaotic Good can be nearly indistinguishable from a Neutral Good.

What was your result, Jen?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I couldn't find a way to find the descriptions without retaking the test and purposely trying to get certain types (or pulling out the book)...

any ideas?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Unsurprisingly I got true Neutral. Everybody hates the Swiss!

Zhash

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

Well, as they say, when you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

Fireworks are always more fun when you make them.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

more examples of how boring I am I guess, or reasonable...

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
True Neutral. Neither hot nor cold. bleh.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
neutral good

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

O

Oberon

I haven't taken the test, but I can't imagine I could be anything other than Chaotic Good.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order

Although I found two questions a bit hard to answer.

If offered enough money, would you slip a poison into your king's drink?

Not enough info, I mean is he a good king or the kind of king you might be more tempted to bump off? Henry VIII for example, would have deserved the poison just for the way he got rid of a wife......I might be tempted.

and:

If you were injured and required immediate assistance, would members of your home community agree to help?

I wanted to say no, but none of the No reasons they gave fit why I would say no, I would say no because I am an unknown in my community, 3 years and I do not speak to the neighbours at all. This is the kind of neighbourhood where people walk past people in distress.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs. Order and organization are paramount. They may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

I agree with Sahara about the difficulties of that "medical assistance" question. I doubt a random stranger would try to help me, because most of them don't know me. Although a good samaritan might do so, because I'm not seen as evil or strange.

Last edited:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Although I found two questions a bit hard to answer.

If offered enough money, would you slip a poison into your king's drink?

Not enough info, I mean is he a good king or the kind of king you might be more tempted to bump off? Henry VIII for example, would have deserved the poison just for the way he got rid of a wife......I might be tempted.

and:

If you were injured and required immediate assistance, would members of your home community agree to help?

I wanted to say no, but none of the No reasons they gave fit why I would say no, I would say no because I am an unknown in my community, 3 years and I do not speak to the neighbours at all. This is the kind of neighbourhood where people walk past people in distress.
I had very similar thoughts.

Did my best guesses and got Neutral Good.