• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thomson-Maidenbaum Personality Inventory

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Lmao, how long is this test? I think mine might be more accurate.

neurozool

MBTI Type
INTP
Quite amazing....I have taken the MBTI many times, and have come up with INTP and INFP an equal amount of times, without knowing much about that result- or what to do with it. I would say, then, that this test is very accurate- all be it, short.

INXP

E 6 I 8
S 5 N 9
T 7 F 7
P 11 J 3

Side note- since both INTP's and INFP's are less then 1%, what is an INXP?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
what is an INXP?
Usually that notation means a person isn't sure whether they are T of F,
whatever x is, is the dichotomy they are unsure of.

It took me a very long time to figure out if I was T or F because I learned about these things in my early 30's. I had already begun to develop my Tertiary Fi and it threw off my results.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lmao, how long is this test? I think mine might be more accurate.
Pimping in your sig isn't enough?
And no.
Side note- since both INTP's and INFP's are less then 1%, what is an INXP?

I'm assuming you mean not what is an INXP but what percentage of the population are INXPs? The answer is none. An INXP isn't a distinct type. It's just a confused INTP or INFP (according to theory).

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't wait til I make test that pwns all other tests.

Stand by.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
INXP

E 6 I 8
S 4 N 10
T 7 F 7
P 12 J 2

That is the second time I've tested near XNXP. Is there a chance there is some truth in this? Could such a type present in a similar way to ENFP? Or are ENFPs answers to such tests so subjective that they can end up testing as anything?

I don't know the function order for INXP but maybe something like this. Ne Fi Ti Si Te Fe ...

The Ti interests me, because I'm insanely first principles when I learn and teach. If you ask me to explain something in class I like deriving it from first principles for almost all formulas. I just basically keep understanding and create each formula as needed, with full explanation.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INXP

E 6 I 8
S 4 N 10
T 7 F 7
P 12 J 2

That is the second time I've tested near XNXP. Is there a chance there is some truth in this? Could such a type present in a similar way to ENFP? Or are ENFPs answers to such tests so subjective that they can end up testing as anything?

I don't know the function order for INXP but maybe something like this. Ne Fi Ti Si Te Fe ...

The Ti interests me, because I'm insanely first principles when I learn and teach. If you ask me to explain something in class I like deriving it from first principles for almost all formulas. I just basically keep understanding and create each formula as needed, with full explanation.

There is no X. Read the stuff about close scores below. I have known ENFPs to have variable test results. They can be strongly influenced by environment/people around them/expectations/stressors.

You read like an F to me. You're not an INTP.
INFP function order.

I'd stick with ENFP.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
There is no X. Read the stuff about close scores below. I have known ENFPs to have variable test results. They can be strongly influenced by environment/people around them/expectations/stressors.

You read like an F to me. You're not an INTP.
INFP function order.

I'd stick with ENFP.

Cool, thanks. I know I show enough F to not be a T. I just find I like things more rational than some of the ENFPs, and I am slightly less extroverted. I suppose I adapt a bit to my surroundings on the board too. So it may be hard to tell.

I can keep myself as entertained with a maths problem as a social problem, sometimes more. And I do actually tend to fall between thinking and feeling. I am currently trying to get out of a thinking profession because it makes me work more as a thinker in my social interactions where I'd prefer to favour feeling. Like sometimes I don't see the emotional side, sometimes I do. Sometimes I'm freakishly good at the logical and rational, and sometimes I couldn't care for it at all.

I am as good at understanding engineering systems as people ones, maybe better. And I know a lot is prejudged on the four letters next to my name, as I found in some of the other discussions. So though my writing style may point to F, sometimes what I say does not. I can follow the thinkers logic on the board almost always. Often disagree, but definitely follow.

If my father is an INTP, I know I am not one. The difference is quite obvious. He generally intuits similar things about a problem but works through it before he will trust the answer. I intuit and find the most efficient proof through thought experiment or simulation. He then doesn't get my thought experiment which has normally ruled out all other possibilities, and asks me to work through the question properly. I'm not an ENTP either because I am more cautious.

The first principles and making systems efficient interests me though, because it is high on my functions list. It isn't something I do occasionally. I will almost always find the simplest form of any problem I approach. I can also block diagram all important points in any problem I approach almost immediately. Like I just pick up a pen and draw the system. Like no pondering and thinking does this go here, or that go there, just step by step write it all down A-Z. Are ENFPs naturally like this? Or is it developed tertiary Te from having my INTP father teach me a lot of my approach to problems and math?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool, thanks. I know I show enough F to not be a T. I just find I like things more rational than some of the ENFPs, and I am slightly less extroverted. I suppose I adapt a bit to my surroundings on the board too. So it may be hard to tell.

I can keep myself as entertained with a maths problem as a social problem, sometimes more. And I do actually tend to fall between thinking and feeling. I am currently trying to get out of a thinking profession because it makes me work more as a thinker in my social interactions where I'd prefer to favour feeling. Like sometimes I don't see the emotional side, sometimes I do. Sometimes I'm freakishly good at the logical and rational, and sometimes I couldn't care for it at all.

I am as good at understanding engineering systems as people ones, maybe better. And I know a lot is prejudged on the four letters next to my name, as I found in some of the other discussions. So though my writing style may point to F, sometimes what I say does not. I can follow the thinkers logic on the board almost always. Often disagree, but definitely follow.

If my father is an INTP, I know I am not one. The difference is quite obvious. He generally intuits similar things about a problem but works through it before he will trust the answer. I intuit and find the most efficient proof through thought experiment or simulation. He then doesn't get my thought experiment which has normally ruled out all other possibilities, and asks me to work through the question properly. I'm not an ENTP either because I am more cautious.

The first principles and making systems efficient interests me though, because it is high on my functions list. It isn't something I do occasionally. I will almost always find the simplest form of any problem I approach. I can also block diagram all important points in any problem I approach almost immediately. Like I just pick up a pen and draw the system. Like no pondering and thinking does this go here, or that go there, just step by step write it all down A-Z. Are ENFPs naturally like this? Or is it developed tertiary Te from having my INTP father teach me a lot of my approach to problems and math?

I would suggest your ability to problem-solve 'without thinking' is probably more related to being Ne-dom than anything else.

ENFPs can do pretty much anything they set their minds to. It's just applying themselves consistently that is sometimes a challenge.

Too many people confuse preference with aptitude. Preference is innate. Aptitude must be developed.

The fact that you are in a "thinking profession", has potentially both improved your aptitude with regard to critical thinking and masked your natural preference, to some extent.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I would suggest your ability to problem-solve 'without thinking' is probably more related to being Ne-dom than anything else.

ENFPs can do pretty much anything they set their minds to. It's just applying themselves consistently that is sometimes a challenge.

Too many people confuse preference with aptitude. Preference is innate. Aptitude must be developed.

The fact that you are in a "thinking profession", has potentially both improved your aptitude with regard to critical thinking and masked your natural preference, to some extent.

Cool, thanks again. :hug:

It sounds pretty right. I like your choice of the word "masked" :). It makes my feeling side feel more suppressed rather than gone.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
INXP

E 6 I 8
S 4 N 10
T 7 F 7
P 12 J 2

If you're over 25 years of age, then you have most likely begun to develop your tertiary function and that can skew your results.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
E 8 I 6
S 1 N 13
T 3 F 11
P 13 J 1