• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotions Personality Quiz

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’m taking a psychometrics graduate psychology course and as part of the course we have to create a test, have people take it, and analyze the data to see if the test looks reasonable (valid and reliable).

I was interested in how people relate to their feelings, so I created some questions and mixed in a few other very short tests. The result is a 107 question quiz that should take less than twenty minutes. At the end you are presented with results. It’s all self-report questions and relatively straight forward (I hope).

Feel free to share with others, because I need all the data I can get!

The link to the test is here:

Emotions Quiz

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Results

Big Five

Five basic personality traits comprise the Big Five. Each of these traits exist on a continuum and are normally distributed in the population (meaning most people's traits or somewhere in the middle). The questions from an empirically validated 10 question Big Five test were incorporated above.
Openness to Experience: 75%
Conscientiousness: 25%
Extroversion: 25%
Agreeableness: 50%
Neuroticism: 25%

Thick vs Thin Boundaries

Ernest Hartman came up with a theory about people with thicker and thinner boundaries. People with thin boundaries are less organized, more spontaneous, spend more time daydreaming, and are more open with others. People with thick boundaries are more methodical, organized, practical, and have more solid interpersonal boundaries.
Thick boundaries percentage: 32%

Goleman's Emotional Intelligence

Daniel Goleman popularized emotional intelligence, and questions from a short emotional intelligence tests were included above.
Empathy: 50%
Motivation: 50%
Self Awareness: 67%
Self Regulation: 25%
Social Skills: 33%

Relate to Emotions

The bulk of the questions above are new and attempt to get at how one relates to their own emotions, particularly negative emotions.

Emotions Generally

Awareness: 75%
Comfort: 56%
Control: 69%
Positivity: 81%

Anger

Awareness: 31%
Comfort: 31%
Control: 38%
Positivity: 75%

Fear

Awareness: 38%
Comfort: 63%
Control: 44%
Positivity: 69%

Sadness

Awareness: 50%
Comfort: 75%

Interesting test. At first I thought it was too repetitive, but the results are interesting and maybe the repetitiveness is needed

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Big Five
Five basic personality traits comprise the Big Five. Each of these traits exist on a continuum and are normally distributed in the population (meaning most people's traits or somewhere in the middle). The questions from an empirically validated 10 question Big Five test were incorporated above.

Openness to Experience: 100%
Conscientiousness: 75%
Extroversion: 0%
Agreeableness: 88%
Neuroticism: 100%

Thick vs Thin Boundaries
Ernest Hartman came up with a theory about people with thicker and thinner boundaries. People with thin boundaries are less organized, more spontaneous, spend more time daydreaming, and are more open with others. People with thick boundaries are more methodical, organized, practical, and have more solid interpersonal boundaries.

Thick boundaries percentage: 36%

Daniel Goleman popularized emotional intelligence, and questions from a short emotional intelligence tests were included above.

Empathy: 83%
Motivation: 58%
Self Awareness: 75%
Self Regulation: 8%
Social Skills: 25%

Relate to Emotions
The bulk of the questions above are new and attempt to get at how one relates to their own emotions, particularly negative emotions.

Emotions Generally
Awareness: 94%
Comfort: 69%
Control: 56%

Anger
Awareness: 69%
Comfort: 25%
Control: 88%
Positivity: 50%

Fear
Awareness: 88%
Control: 25%
Positivity: 31%

Sadness
Awareness: 81%
Control: 31%
Positivity: 50%

Black Sun

Big Five

Openness to Experience: 88%
Conscientiousness: 50%
Agreeableness: 25%
Neuroticism: 25%

Thick vs Thin Boundaries

Thick boundaries percentage: 49%

Empathy: 75%
Motivation: 33%
Self Awareness: 83%
Self Regulation: 58%
Social Skills: 33%

Relate to Emotions

Emotions Generally

Comfort: 44%

Anger

Control: 81%
Positivity: 94%

Fear

Sadness

Awareness: 56%

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Big Five

Agreeableness: 0%
Neuroticism: 100%

Thick vs Thin Boundaries

Thick boundaries percentage: 40%

Empathy: 25%
Motivation: 8%
Self Regulation: 8%
Social Skills: 42%

Relate to Emotions

Emotions Generally

Comfort: 88%
Control: 19%

Anger

Comfort: 94%
Positivity: 63%

Fear

Control: 0%
Positivity: 44%

Sadness

Awareness: 100%
Comfort: 81%
Control: 31%

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting test. At first I thought it was too repetitive, but the results are interesting and maybe the repetitiveness is needed

Many thanks, Frosty (and everyone else who has taken the test)! Glad you found it somewhat interesting. It's tough because you don't want to bore your test taker to tears with super redundant questions, but you also need more than a single question trying to get at a trait/construct/whatever, because otherwise you have no way to judge if some questions getting at X are better than others. I also tried to report the results I could at the end, since folks spending the time and energy deserve to get some feedback (even on something relatively new).

I was also happy to post it here, because I was wondering if there was a correlation between different enneagram types and their relationships to fear/sadness/anger. That's a part I won't focus on for my paper for class, given how out of bounds the Enneagram is academically. Still, I was happy to be able to collect a little data and perhaps learn something new. I'll try to report back once I've gotten enough data to analyze, and let people know what I found. If I get extra ambitious, I'll try to add reporting data vs the norm of my dataset.

Regardless, I'm very grateful for people taking my test. This class has been a ton of work, but may turn out to be useful to learn how to design and evaluate psychometric tests in the future.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Openness to Experience: 38%
Conscientiousness: 25%
Extroversion: 38%
Agreeableness: 50%
Neuroticism: 75%

Thick vs Thin Boundaries

Thick boundaries percentage: 58%

Empathy: 58%
Motivation: 67%
Self Awareness: 58%

Relate to Emotions

Emotions Generally

Awareness: 63%
Control: 75%
Anger

Positivity: 88%
Fear

Control: 50%
Positivity: 38%
Sadness

Control: 94%
Positivity: 94%

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Big Five

Conscientiousness: 63%
Agreeableness: 63%
Neuroticism: 88%

Thick vs Thin Boundaries
Thick boundaries percentage: 44%

Empathy: 50%
Self Regulation: 67%

Relate to Emotions

Emotions Generally

Anger
Control: 63%

Fear

Sadness

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Big Five

Openness to Experience: 38%
Extroversion: 50%
Agreeableness: 25%
Neuroticism: 50%

Thick vs Thin Boundaries

Thick boundaries percentage: 68%

Empathy: 67%
Self Awareness: 75%
Self Regulation: 25%
Social Skills: 58%

Relate to Emotions

Emotions Generally
Awareness: 50%
Comfort: 44%

Anger
Positivity: 56%

Fear
Comfort: 38%

Sadness

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on user feedback, I did add a reminder the answer options which extreme was "strongly agree" and which was "strongly disagree". Also added a graphic arrow at the top to try to orient folks who aren't all about the Likert scale.

Thanks again to everyone who has taken the test!

Emotions Quiz

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for posting! Very interesting! I think it's rather accurate.

Big Five
Five basic personality traits comprise the Big Five. Each of these traits exist on a continuum and are normally distributed in the population (meaning most people's traits somewhere in the middle). The questions from an empirically validated 10 question Big Five test were incorporated above.
Conscientiousness: 50%
Extroversion: 38%
Agreeableness: 75%

Thick vs Thin Boundaries
Thick boundaries percentage: 50%

Empathy: 100%
Motivation: 67%
Self Regulation: 33%

Relate to Emotions
Emotions Generally
Awareness: 100%
Positivity: 100%
Anger
Fear
Comfort: 19%
Control: 0%
Positivity: 25%
Sadness

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Openness to Experience: 75%
Conscientiousness: 38%
Extroversion: 25%
Agreeableness: 0%

Thick boundaries percentage: 44%

Empathy: 25%
Motivation: 25%
Social Skills: 25%

Emotions Generally

Awareness: 38%
Comfort: 13%
Control: 19%
Positivity: 19%

Anger

Awareness: 6%
Comfort: 19%

Fear

Sadness

Positivity: 25%

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I updated the Emotions Quiz with feedback about how one scores relative to other people who have taken the test. Also fixed a bug that caused Enneagram type not to be recorded (that one made me sad).

Feel free to try the new version: Emotions Personality Quiz.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MBTI demographics of respondents who specified MBTI Type:

emotion-mbti-counts.jpg

Correlations included here are significant at the p < 0.001 level (meaning a one in a thousand chance the correlation is a random artifact.) Most are in the weak to moderate range (0.3 to 0.6).

Age, Big Five and Boundary Correlations (gender appears to be less significant):

• People become more comfortable and aware of their emotions with age.
  • In general, people who are Big Five Extroverted, Agreeable, Open and low in Neuroticism report being more comfortable and aware of their emotions.
  • People who are Big Five Agreeable report being more comfortable with fear and sadness, and less comfortable with anger.
  • People who are older, and have thicker boundaries and are low in Big Five Neuroticism report that they have more control over their emotions.
  • People who are older and are more Big Five Extroverted report more emotional awareness.
  • People who are older, Big Five Extroverted, Agreeable, Open, and not Neurotic report more positivity toward their emotions.
  • People who are older, less Big Five Neurotic, more Big Five Conscientious, somewhat more Agreeable and Extroverted, report more control over their emotions.

The primary MBTI correlations in the dataset:

• Feelers felt more aware, comfortable, and positive about emotions generally
  • Feelers felt more aware of sadness, and fear (but not anger)
  • Feelers felt more positive and comfortable with fear and sadness (but not anger)
  • Judgers felt more in control of emotions generally, and particularly anger.

Other interesting data:

• People generally had a very separate relationship to anger. It doesn't correlate with anything else.
  • MBTI and Big Five correlations were mostly as expected.
  • Gender correlated with Big Five agreeableness. (typical for Big Five)
  • The only thing having thicker boundaries significantly correlated with was emotional control.
  • Many of my new questions correlate a fair amount with the questions from a test based on Goleman's theory.

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Results

Big Five
Five basic personality traits comprise the Big Five. Each of these traits exist on a continuum and are normally distributed in the population (meaning most people's traits somewhere in the middle). The questions from an empirically validated 10 question Big Five test were incorporated above.
Openness to Experience: 50% (higher than 20% of respondents)
Conscientiousness: 75% (higher than 83% of respondents)
Extroversion: 50% (higher than 77% of respondents)
Agreeableness: 50% (higher than 50% of respondents)
Neuroticism: 38% (higher than 31% of respondents)

Thick vs Thin Boundaries

Thick boundaries percentage: 69% (higher than 96% of respondents)

Empathy: 58% (higher than 37% of respondents)
Motivation: 75% (higher than 89% of respondents)
Self Awareness: 67% (higher than 61% of respondents)
Self Regulation: 75% (higher than 87% of respondents)
Social Skills: 58% (higher than 73% of respondents)

Relate to Emotions

Emotions Generally

Awareness: 44% (higher than 37% of respondents)
Comfort: 56% (higher than 59% of respondents)
Control: 81% (higher than 90% of respondents)
Positivity: 56% (higher than 45% of respondents)

Anger

Awareness: 38% (higher than 11% of respondents)
Comfort: 69% (higher than 77% of respondents)
Control: 63% (higher than 47% of respondents)
Positivity: 75% (higher than 74% of respondents)

Fear

Awareness: 50% (higher than 18% of respondents)
Comfort: 31% (higher than 37% of respondents)
Control: 75% (higher than 72% of respondents)
Positivity: 56% (higher than 53% of respondents)

Sadness

Awareness: 56% (higher than 53% of respondents)
Comfort: 56% (higher than 57% of respondents)
Control: 63% (higher than 54% of respondents)
Positivity: 75% (higher than 75% of respondents)

tired

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Results

Big Five

Openness to Experience: 88% (higher than 80% of respondents)
Conscientiousness: 13% (higher than 8% of respondents)
Extroversion: 0% (higher than 16% of respondents)
Agreeableness: 38% (higher than 34% of respondents)
Neuroticism: 100% (higher than 96% of respondents)

Thick vs Thin Boundaries

Thick boundaries percentage: 43% (higher than 31% of respondents)

Empathy: 83% (higher than 81% of respondents)
Motivation: 25% (higher than 26% of respondents)
Self Awareness: 33% (higher than 9% of respondents)
Self Regulation: 25% (higher than 12% of respondents)
Social Skills: 25% (higher than 21% of respondents)

Relate to Emotions

Emotions Generally

Awareness: 63% (higher than 66% of respondents)
Comfort: 56% (higher than 59% of respondents)
Control: 69% (higher than 75% of respondents)
Positivity: 75% (higher than 74% of respondents)

Anger

Awareness: 75% (higher than 87% of respondents)
Comfort: 81% (higher than 89% of respondents)
Control: 81% (higher than 83% of respondents)
Positivity: 100% (higher than 97% of respondents)

Fear

Awareness: 50% (higher than 18% of respondents)
Comfort: 38% (higher than 49% of respondents)
Control: 6% (higher than 1% of respondents)
Positivity: 63% (higher than 64% of respondents)

Sadness

Awareness: 44% (higher than 27% of respondents)
Comfort: 75% (higher than 82% of respondents)
Control: 94% (higher than 93% of respondents)
Positivity: 88% (higher than 88% of respondents)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It’s a credit to the test that my results are more than I want public.

Nice work.