• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Deep and indirect Extraversion/Introversion test.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I had created another test!

This one is a deeper E/I, with more indirect question and an alternative theory that includes Repressed Extravert and Social Introvert.

Link:
https://www.quotev.com/quiz/13071676/Are-you-an-Extravert-or-Introvert-mostly-indirect-and-deep

The complete theory is on the spoiler, only read it after you take the test.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the test.

I got repressed extravert, which I find intriguing because I sometimes do wonder if that's me.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introvert 131
Social introvert 121
Ambivert 117
Extravert 80
Repressed extravert 74

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Thanks for the test.

I got repressed extravert, which I find intriguing because I sometimes do wonder if that's me.

Have a good read on the spoiler of the first post, it is good to understand the result and how you got it.
I got Repressed Extraversion too with Ambivert coming second (but I pretty much know that before I took the test and I know the keys by the way).

Also, there is this article here that offers a view that might help (I got introduced to it by mancino only when this quiz was almost done and waiting to go to up) of biogenic Introversion/Extraversion (Introversion is their example) and free traits (their example is basic of a women that is sort of INFJ (the conversion from given Big 5) who has to become an extravert in order to deal with social issues of her INTP (conversion from given Big 5) husband company). This is also a great read in general ( [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] might find it interesting):
Personal Projects and Free Traits: Personality and Motivation Reconsidered | Dr. Brian R. Little

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have a good read on the spoiler of the first post, it is good to understand the result and how you got it.
I got Repressed Extraversion too with Ambivert coming second (but I pretty much know that before I took the test and I know the keys by the way).

Also, there is this article here that offers a view that might help (I got introduced to it by mancino only when this quiz was almost done and waiting to go to up) of biogenic Introversion/Extraversion (Introversion is their example) and free traits (their example is basic of a women that is sort of INFJ (the conversion from given Big 5) who has to become an extravert in order to deal with social issues of her INTP (conversion from given Big 5) husband company). This is also a great read in general ( [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] might find it interesting):
Personal Projects and Free Traits: Personality and Motivation Reconsidered | Dr. Brian R. Little

I enjoyed reading the theory. I understand most of it and think it makes a lot of sense, but can you explain to me what "High Immune" means?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I enjoyed reading the theory. I understand most of it and think it makes a lot of sense, but can you explain to me what "High Immune" means?

I had basically divided my questions of E/I in two types.

In one of them, they are vulnerable to environment. For example, if I ask a question about risks, this questions does measure E/I (that comes from multiple sources, including Big 5 facet Cautiousness), but it can be related to trauma (something bad might have happened and now you are more cautious). You might get more cautious if you are bullied, for example.
So non-immune means non-immune to environment factors, and relates to this.

In the other of them, at least theoretically or mostly they are immune to environment. For example, in the question I had took from Sakinorva about direction (that was originally done to measure Se but instead it did measured E), there is no trauma or anything related that can affect it. If you get bullied or if you dont click on the environment, the question about direction should not be affected.
So Immune means immune to environment factors, I just shortned it on the list.

So High Immune (Immune High) means that the score is high on Extraversion on the questions that are supposedly immune to environment factors (Extravert and Repressed Extravert are the ones supposed to have a high score on this). I actually did wanted to put a sub-score for Immune factors, non-Immune, environment, etc...But I am forced by quotev (in order to get published in their main page) to make each final type to have a score on each question, and because of that I couldnt include a dichotomy with each factors separated.

So, Repressed Extravert is supposed to have a high Extraversion score on questions that are immune to environment, low Extraversion score on questions that are NOT immune to environment, Low on positive emotions and Low on environment positive factors (means that the environment is not favourable), which I abbreviated to environment F.

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You might be a Repressed Extravert!

I say "might" because we cant really tell for sure. There is not even a established theory for this. But Repressed Extraverts are real for sure.

Your answers
Repressed Extravert
Ambivert
Extravert
Introvert
Social Introvert

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got extravert lol.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Are you an Extravert or Introvert? (mostly indirect and deep!)

You are an Extravert!

There are plenty of Extravert definitions on Google. The basic is " Extraversion tends to be manifested in outgoing, talkative, energetic behavior, whereas introversion is manifested in more reserved and solitary behavior" (Wikipedia). I would complement that extraverts are motivated by other people, highly stimulated by outer environment (and have a tendency to get excited more easily, have a more busy and "active" life), are externally oriented in general, like to work in teams and loud environments. Extraverts are estimated to be 17% of general world population, while Ambiverts are estimated to be 57% of population, while Introverts are estimated to be about 26%.

--
The whole theory is here:

typologytriad.wordpress.com/2020/09/13/repressed-extroversion-and-over-stimulated-introversion/

The resume, superficial and quick theory, is that environment factors and emotions causes indirectly by environment factors, can change Extraversion/Introversion in a way that it doesnt belong to the personality, but rather for an adaptation/change due to environment instead. So a repressed Extravert is someone who scores low on environment positive factors and positive emotions, high on ‘environment-immune e/i traits’ and low on ‘environment non-immune e/i traits’, while over-stimulated Introvert is the opposite of that.

The general theory on this test uses a split into Extraversion vs Introversion:

1) Environment-Immune factors: The traits where an Extravert or Introvert are supposed to have despite what happened in their life story and environment (‘whatever the weather, rainy or sunny, she/he is like that’).

2) Environment non-Immune factors: Traits where an Extravert or Introvert can quite potentially change depending on what happens to him, for example, if the person is bullied.

3) Environmental factors: Environment factors that impact on Extroversion or Introversion. For example, if you are way too intelligent or way too less intelligent compared with people around you, your level of Extraversion will drop because of this.

4) Positive-Negative emotions: You do expect that a repressed Extravert to have negative emotions due to the repression and to an over-stimulated Introvert to have positive emotions, because a good bunch of positive environmental factors does lead to more positive emotions. A good based for this, and I used on the text, is Big Five IPIP NEO Cheerfulness (Extraversion facet) VS Depression (Neuroticism facet). Even questions on these form opposites, like “I radiate joy” VS “I feel blue”.

I had put on the score, separated these four factors and I had put them in a way that you cant have them a result but you can have score them.

- Introvert

+ Immune LOW
+ Environment F. LOW OR MED
+ Positive Emo. ANY
+ Non-Immune LOW

- Ambivert

+ Immune MED
+ Environment F. ANY
+ Positive Emo. ANY
+ Non-Immune MED

- Extrovert

+ Immune HIGH
+ Environment F. MED OR HIGH
+ Positive Emo. ANY
+ Non-Immune HIGH

- Repressed Extrovert

+ Immune HIGH
+ Environment F. LOW
+ Positive Emo. LOW
+ Non-Immune LOW

- Over-stimulated Introvert

+ Immune LOW
+ Environment F HIGH
+ Positive Emo. ANY
+ Non-Immune HIGH

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Ambivert

Thanks for creating the test.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your answers
Introvert
Ambivert
Repressed Extravert
Social Introvert
Extravert

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Introvert

You are an introvert!

There are plenty of Introvert definitions on Google. Most basic is: "Introversion is the state of being predominantly interested in one's own mental self. Introverts are typically perceived as more reserved or reflective. Some popular psychologists have characterized introverts as people whose energy tends to expand through reflection and dwindle during interaction. This is similar to Jung's view, although he focused on mental energy rather than physical energy. Few modern conceptions make this distinction. Introverts often take pleasure in solitary activities such as reading, writing, or meditating. An introvert is likely to enjoy time spent alone and find less reward in time spent with large groups of people. Introverts are easily overwhelmed by too much stimulation from social gatherings and engagement, introversion having even been defined by some in terms of a preference for a quiet, more minimally stimulating external environment. They prefer to concentrate on a single activity at a time and like to observe situations before they participate, especially observed in developing children and adolescents. They are more analytical before speaking."

I would add that introverted people are people more internally oriented, however that doenst really mean selfish, which is a common confusion. And I would add that introverted people are ones that seek more intimate relationships, prefers quieter environments and to not be disturbed, have a tendency to take less risks and use more risk-free approaches,

Extraverts are estimated to be 17% of general world population, while Ambiverts are estimated to be 57% of population, while Introverts are estimated to be about 26%.

Introvert

Ambivert

Repressed Extravert

Social Introvert

Extravert

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Introvert

Introvert - 147
Social Introvert - 95
Repressed Extravert - 94
Ambivert - 93
Extravert - 35

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Introvert
Ambivert
Repressed Extravert
Social Introvert
Extravert

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow spoiler alert!

Fun test btw thanks for sharing - and here’s what I got :D

Extravert

You are an Extravert!

There are plenty of Extravert definitions on Google. The basic is " Extraversion tends to be manifested in outgoing, talkative, energetic behavior, whereas introversion is manifested in more reserved and solitary behavior" (Wikipedia). I would complement that extraverts are motivated by other people, highly stimulated by outer environment (and have a tendency to get excited more easily, have a more busy and "active" life), are externally oriented in general, like to work in teams and loud environments. Extraverts are estimated to be 17% of general world population, while Ambiverts are estimated to be 57% of population, while Introverts are estimated to be about 26%.

Extravert: 175
Repressed Extravert: 112
Social Introvert: 100
Ambivert: 91
Introvert: 63

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the test.

Just took it again. I actually expected to get introvert this time, but was proven wrong when I got the same results as last time.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Forgot to paste the scores

Repressed Extravert 131
Introvert 110
Ambivert 87
Social Introvert 74
Extravert 62

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Decent test, I remember being quite interested in the external environment when I was little, and then having to switch over to pseudo-introversion from being rejected too much because of my poor social skills. I noticed that the difference between me and true introverts is that they are often deep thinkers, while I'm over here being addicted to the internet because unlimited stimulation that I desperately need; jumping quickly from topic to topic and not having that much of a rich inner world.
Though I got the regular extrovert option on the test, I consider myself more of a reserved/repressed extrovert. Do you mind if I repost this on PersonalityCafe?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Decent test, I remember being quite interested in the external environment when I was little, and then having to switch over to pseudo-introversion from being rejected too much because of my poor social skills. I noticed that the difference between me and true introverts is that they are often deep thinkers, while I'm over here being addicted to the internet because unlimited stimulation that I desperately need; jumping quickly from topic to topic and not having that much of a rich inner world.
Though I got the regular extrovert option on the test, I consider myself more of a reserved/repressed extrovert. Do you mind if I repost this on PersonalityCafe?
No, I don't mind, that would be cool.

yubih

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extravert 149
Ambivert 114
Repressed Extravert 105
Social Introvert 70