• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Enneagram Test

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
It's a nice test. The only 'comment' I have is that I prefer to work with scales. So not 'select the most correct answer' but being able to scale each answer individually. I couldn't really answer the "What do you do when problems arise" par example because I couldn't fully relate to any of the possible answers.

The other difficult thing with Enneagram tests I suppose is whether or not you can ty/put a motivation to/in the question. As an example; I am more inclined to:
"Assert my opinions, views, needs and desires. I like to make things happen."
"Withdraw from the world to take care and protect myself.
"A blend of those two, whichever works for the situation, even if I have to sacrifice my own desires". The last one was relatable until the second comma. (I'd be a 'blend', because I go by my energy level and how I am feeling, I wouldn't sacrifice my own desires.)
(I am writing this while I am still making the test, so note that I am only talking about some specifics characteristics of the test now.)
In the other thread when I talked about MBTI tests you suggested something along the lines of "Go to question B if..." I think in this case, this wouldn't be a bad solution. You could split these questions, if someone selects they are more inclined to withdraw from the world you can make a separate question to pinpoint why they like to withdraw from the world (as different types/instincts all have different reasons to withdraw). Though I can imagine that... it's much work to put such thing into a test.

The "Choose the word(s) that best describe you" were nice.

The results;

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The other difficult thing with Enneagram tests I suppose is whether or not you can ty/put a motivation to/in the question. As an example; I am more inclined to:
"Assert my opinions, views, needs and desires. I like to make things happen."
"Withdraw from the world to take care and protect myself.
"A blend of those two, whichever works for the situation, even if I have to sacrifice my own desires". The last one was relatable until the second comma. (I'd be a 'blend', because I go by my energy level and how I am feeling, I wouldn't sacrifice my own desires.)
(I am writing this while I am still making the test, so note that I am only talking about some specifics characteristics of the test now.)
In the other thread when I talked about MBTI tests you suggested something along the lines of "Go to question B if..." I think in this case, this wouldn't be a bad solution. You could split these questions, if someone selects they are more inclined to withdraw from the world you can make a separate question to pinpoint why they like to withdraw from the world (as different types/instincts all have different reasons to withdraw). Though I can imagine that... it's much work to put such thing into a test.
I have run into this, too, though I don't recall whether I did on this particular test. Often answer options are phrased in terms of: "I do X because of Y". I might indeed do X, but because of Z or W which are quite different from Y. Even on tests which present a list and ask: how much does this describe you on a scale of 1 to 5, what would I pick? 3 because at least I do X? If the link between the question and a type is based on the motivation part, though, it will steer me to the wrong type.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have run into this, too, though I don't recall whether I did on this particular test. Often answer options are phrased in terms of: "I do X because of Y". I might indeed do X, but because of Z or W which are quite different from Y. Even on tests which present a list and ask: how much does this describe you on a scale of 1 to 5, what would I pick? 3 because at least I do X? If the link between the question and a type is based on the motivation part, though, it will steer me to the wrong type.

I've take a test a couple of times where the instructions specify to rate the statements with the part you least agree with. So if part of it doesn't apply at all even if the other part does completely, you'd rate it with a 0 or 1. I like that way of doing it.

KnowWonder

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
19% 5
14% 6
13% 4
12% 1
12% 9
11% 2
9% 7
6% 8
5% 3

My results are accurate.

Well done Luminous.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
14% - 3

14%- 7

12%- 5

11%- 1

11%- 2

11%- 9

11%- 8

9%- 6

8%- 4

My tritype according to this test would be 3w2 > 7w8 > 1/9 or 7w8 > 3w2 > 1/9. Sounds more high-energy and assertive than I'd consider myself, haha, but a fun test nonetheless! My identified tritype remains intact :D

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like the approach of this test so far. Got 7, 3, and 5 as my top three. Odd that my 9 is not higher, but it's more or less similar to what I usually get.

JrZG1ls.png

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nice job Lumi :thumbup: And its quite accurate! Here's what I got:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
18% - 9
15% - 2
14%- 5

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
So many were so close in percentage, I don't know what to think.
Sort of surprised that the type 1 was so low since I'm a bit of a perfectionist/procrastinator

5 - 14%
2 - 13%
4 - 12%
6 - 12%
7 - 12%
8 - 11%
9 - 11%
1 - 10%
3 - 5%

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So many were so close in percentage, I don't know what to think.
Sort of surprised that the type 1 was so low since I'm a bit of a perfectionist/procrastinator

5 - 14%
2 - 13%
4 - 12%
6 - 12%
7 - 12%
8 - 11%
9 - 11%
1 - 10%
3 - 5%

Yours are very close together. This site doesn't give me the option of displaying the results in a different way, however (ie just listing the top results).

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yours are very close together. This site doesn't give me the option of displaying the results in a different way, however (ie just listing the top results).

I liked the test! They were good questions :) A couple were challenging since I am different with people I know vs. people I don’t. I know I’m in the thinking triad. I really find everything to have value and over several tests I’ll run it in my blender and know what type I’m most likely to be. When it gets into wings and instincts, that’s where I need more insight.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5 - 15%
1 - 14%
3 - 12%
4 - 12%
6 - 11%
8 - 11%
2 - 10%
9 - 8%
7 - 7%

Thanks for creating this questionnaire. I don't know much about the Enneagram, so feel free to roll your eyes while reading my feedback. But I think that lack of this knowledge might be also valuable for you, as I'm not strongly influenced while filling the questionnaire. In my opinion, questionnaires and tests are some tools of communication between the researcher and the examined. And I'd say your communication was really effective.

I'm curious whether some of the answers might match more than one type or are they separated? Some features might be the results of various reasons. If I am generous, I give people much money, share what I've got and give my time. But I can do this because I'm perfectionist, because I enjoy sharing my things and making people happy or because I want to manipulate these people. It's just an example, of course. And something you won't avoid in any questionnaire.

I liked the questions. Most of them were clear to me and sounded interesting. Most of my time I don't think about my emotions or needs (and roll my eyes when someone tells me to do this), rather focusing on my goals and work organization. Now I had to think about what I'm afraid of, what is important to me, what are my expectations. Here I did it willingly - in order to learn something about myself by getting the results. Fair trade. Ten points for that!

Most of the questions and answers were clear to me and after a few seconds of thinking I could choose the most applying to my perception of myself one. However, the question number two caused me some trouble.

I'd say that a perfect question is specific, while the answers are rather generous, separated and cover the whole space. In fact, most of yours were. What is rare among the questionnaires.

Sharing the reactions into "stay calm", "ignore the problem" and "get emotional" looks like a good idea, because these are really common and general responses to facing the problem. I can't think of better categories now. But still, wasn't sure which one should I chose, because none of them really suits the way I face problem. First of all, it depends on the problem, so I would suggest specifying the question - is it a common problem, the problem's very appearance or is it some time after trying to solve the problem? On my example - I tend to be calm at the beginning, but then get frustrated, irritated and at the end, when there is a deadline and many other problems arise at one moment, start to panic. So I chose the "First I react emotionally (...)" answer, but it wasn't the exact description of my behaviour when the problem occurs.

Besides this one, both the adjective and three-answers questions were unequivocal to me.
Way better questionnaire than the ones I filled before, so thanks once more for clearing my thoughts.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wow, thank you so much for so much feedback! :D

It's unfortunate, but the more you know about enneagram, the more most test answers become obvious as to which types they point to. Having someone who isn't as knowledgeable (yet) take this is very helpful! (Also makes me think it would be great to create a test that is more difficult to intuit answers on for those who already know more....)

Yes, many of the responses point to more than one type (which is why the percentages turn out the way they do. I need to work on figuring out how to somehow analyze the results in a different way so that the results are given more clearly - if I can, with what software is out there. If anyone is good at that sort of thing and wants to give advice, please do!)

I'm glad you liked it overall! Thanks again for such detailed feedback!

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's unfortunate, but the more you know about enneagram, the more most test answers become obvious as to which types they point to. Having someone who isn't as knowledgeable (yet) take this is very helpful! (Also makes me think it would be great to create a test that is more difficult to intuit answers on for those who already know more....)

That's why I can't do functions tests anymore or answer to some open questions in type me threads (like "are you aware of your surroundings", "what do you think about present, past and future"). I've never thought that I would say such a thing, but sometimes lack of knowledge can be refreshing. Or lack of knowledge could lead to earning more knowledge in general. Okay, I'll end this contemplating here :D

Yes, many of the responses point to more than one type (which is why the percentages turn out the way they do. I need to work on figuring out how to somehow analyze the results in a different way so that the results are given more clearly - if I can, with what software is out there. If anyone is good at that sort of thing and wants to give advice, please do!)

A clever idea with the multi-dimensional responses. The only problem I see here, with these percentages, are small differences. As I see, the percentages sum up to 100 %, right? How high result should give us a high probability that the tritype is correct? Is 14-15 % enought? I'm pretty sure that I have 1, 3 and 5 features, if it helps.

I don't know much about survey software. My experience is limited to doodle and google questionnaires. If you show me the software, I can study it, though.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got my enneagram type (1). That being said, I normally do not get Type 4 that high. I see myself more in 3 than in 4.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have written this enneagram test and would like to have positive and/or productive feedback, along with whatever results y'all get. I may add/change things at some point to improve it.
Thank you!

Enneagram Test

If you are interested in - I've just finished filling your test for the second time, after half a year, so you can check it's constancy (previous results in brackets).

3 - 15% (12%)
1 - 13% (14%)
5 - 12% (15%)
6 - 12% (11%)
4 - 11% (12%)
2 - 10% (10%)
8 - 10% (11%)
7 - 8% (7%)
9 - 8% (8%)

So previously I've seemed to be 513 (and 5w4?), right now it looks more like 315 (3w4?). What has changed?
In July we had holiday, now I'm working on my thesis and putting more effort into the final outcome.
I've read more about enneagram.

I'm almost sure that I belong in heart triad. I've seen personality-cafe 27 tritypes and the closest description would be... 153. I am a perfectionist, that's correct, but my basic fears and desires match 3 compeletely. Not 1. So here I won't tell you which approach towards your test was more correct in my case. However, I'm still between the same three numbers and the differences are not big, so I think that the questionnaire is reliable and valid.

I didn't save any copy of my previous answers, so I am unable to compare them with the current ones. However, I hope this helps a bit :)

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1 - 24%
6 - 16%
3 - 12%
5 - 11%