• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

3 Minute Sociopath Test

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
3 Minute Sociopathy Test

3-minute-x

Minimal Indication of Sociopathy
Your answers suggest a minimal indication of sociopathy. In clinical contexts, cases such as yours should be diligently investigated, but typically would not meet the criteria for the diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder.

However, please note that tests such as this one cannot replace the judgment of an actual healthcare worker. If you feel that these results are inaccurate, you should schedule an appointment with a doctor or a mental health professional now.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It seems I like taking risks and I'm not the most responsible person so big news... x)

Moderate Indication of Sociopathy

Your answers suggest a moderate indication of sociopathy. In clinical contexts, cases such as yours would typically require the judgment of a doctor or mental health professional to determine whether intervention is necessary. If no clear picture can be established, follow-up consultations and increased attention from mental health professionals would be advisable to sort out the meaning of your symptoms and conduct a proper clinical diagnosis.

However, please note that tests such as this one cannot replace the judgment of an actual healthcare worker. If you do not feel well, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor or a mental health professional now.

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mild Indication of Sociopathy

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your answers suggest a moderate indication of sociopathy. In clinical contexts, cases such as yours would typically require the judgment of a doctor or mental health professional to determine whether intervention is necessary. If no clear picture can be established, follow-up consultations and increased attention from mental health professionals would be advisable to sort out the meaning of your symptoms and conduct a proper clinical diagnosis.

However, please note that tests such as this one cannot replace the judgment of an actual healthcare worker. If you do not feel well, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor or a mental health professional now.

There was a few questions where the answer I had, wasn't a choice. For example, I don't really feel sympathy for other people, or remorse for things I have done. I have also been called out for being cold as fuck because of that. I act like I intend, and won't apologize for it. If I know I fucked up though, I can and will apologize, but that doesn't mean I feel bad usually. I can also cognitively empathize with pretty much any bad situation.

Any manipulation or lies on my part, also do not harm the person involved(but I think everyone does this to some degree naturally). Then the responsibility question, was very confusing to me. I take on responsibilities only if they affect my image, or my own comfort. I rarely do them otherwise, unless I feel that I owe someone a favor. It kinda pisses me off when people ask me to do things for them. But I recognize this as a learned reaction to how I was raised. Since I was frequently taken advantage of.

I am also very much the person that marches to the beat of their own drum. The only time I go along with the crowd, is when I have no position of my own. I do what I want, when I want.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not Sociopathic

Your answers suggest you are not sociopathic. In clinical contexts, cases such as yours should be investigated, but most likely would not meet the criteria for the diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder.

However, please note that tests such as this one cannot replace the judgment of an actual healthcare worker. If you feel that these results are inaccurate, you should schedule an appointment with a doctor or a mental health professional now.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Minimal Indication of Sociopathy
Your answers suggest a minimal indication of sociopathy. In clinical contexts, cases such as yours should be diligently investigated, but typically would not meet the criteria for the diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My feelings depend on if I like you or not. Most of my answers were in between because it depended on the individual.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Any manipulation or lies on my part, also do not harm the person involved(but I think everyone does this to some degree naturally).

Nope. I value honesty, authenticity, and directness even in the face of consequences. I wouldn't even know how to manipulate people if I wanted to. Wouldn't have the conscience to follow through if I tried.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. I value honesty, authenticity, and directness even in the face of consequences. I wouldn't even know how to manipulate people if I wanted to. Wouldn't have the conscience to follow through if I tried.

What I was thinking when I posted this, is how I talk to someone when they are upset. Would you really tell someone crying, that they were the reason they were in that situation to begin with? Manipulation isn't all bad, sometimes being kind is manipulation. Half truths and white lies.

And when someone is direct and honest, they also open themselves up to vulnerability to rejection, by the person they are being direct to. (Its why it's a widely unpopular approach) How you react to that directness, and honesty can forever change that person's behavior towards you. For example, if you immediately reject their observation, they will recoil with negative feelings. Even if you think their observation is shallow or incorrect. That person will be far more likely to not be direct.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What I was thinking when I posted this, is how I talk to someone when they are upset. Would you really tell someone crying, that they were the reason they were in that situation to begin with? Manipulation isn't all bad, sometimes being kind is manipulation. Half truths and white lies.

An interesting thing- people have called me tactful or even kind, which is much easier in real life when my body language gives away that I'm not being aggressive. Not so much online, so I'm surprised that it still comes across. There's something I call 'effective truth'- I'm not particularly good at reading emotions, but what I do is see if telling someone something will be productive at all. If not, I don't say it- it has the unintended but not unwelcome side effect of not hurting feelings. Not telling people things upfront is possible without manipulation- it is not at all manipulation, unless you capitalized on it for your own gain at the expense of the other person, which is manipulative and ultimately unkind.

And when someone is direct and honest, they also open themselves up to vulnerability to rejection, by the person they are being direct to. (Its why it's a widely unpopular approach) How you react to that directness, and honesty can forever change that person's behavior towards you. For example, if you immediately reject their observation, they will recoil with negative feelings. Even if you think their observation is shallow or incorrect. That person will be far more likely to not be direct.

This is an issue with me. I have adapted to telling people, mostly people I think prone to behaving that way, upfront that they can be direct. Sometimes it takes a few more tries than usual, but I've only had very few people that didn't work on (interestingly- those with abuse backgrounds, which is understandable).

However, what you write is specific and narrow, and while a consequence of directness, isn't an inherent consequence of a direct personality. It is also a skill to 'reopen communication'- oftentimes people read a rejection as something that stops there- you can make sure that it doesn't. Continuing the conversation by communicating alternatives and why they are interested in the matter helps them know you aren't an asshole even if your speech style is very direct. I have had people continue being honest with me because they can count on being able to do so. Rejection isn't too bad- also comes without being manipulative, or unkind.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An interesting thing- people have called me tactful or even kind, which is much easier in real life when my body language gives away that I'm not being aggressive. Not so much online, so I'm surprised that it still comes across. There's something I call 'effective truth'- I'm not particularly good at reading emotions, but what I do is see if telling someone something will be productive at all. If not, I don't say it- it has the unintended but not unwelcome side effect of not hurting feelings. Not telling people things upfront is possible without manipulation- it is not at all manipulation, unless you capitalized on it for your own gain at the expense of the other person, which is manipulative and ultimately unkind.

This is an issue with me. I have adapted to telling people, mostly people I think prone to behaving that way, upfront that they can be direct. Sometimes it takes a few more tries than usual, but I've only had very few people that didn't work on (interestingly- those with abuse backgrounds, which is understandable).

However, what you write is specific and narrow, and while a consequence of directness, isn't an inherent consequence of a direct personality. It is also a skill to 'reopen communication'- oftentimes people read a rejection as something that stops there- you can make sure that it doesn't. Continuing the conversation by communicating alternatives and why they are interested in the matter helps them know you aren't an asshole even if your speech style is very direct. I have had people continue being honest with me because they can count on being able to do so. Rejection isn't too bad- also comes without being manipulative, or unkind.
What is the difference between directness and a direct personality? If what you are saying is that directness and manipulation are not the only options, I agree. It is possible to be direct and to navigate any negative repercussions as you describe - by continuing the discussion to explain your statements and demonstrate your concern. It is also possible to be direct AND kind/considerate, they are not mutually exclusive, though of course it is possible to be direct and harsh, even scathing. As a matter of fact, if someone feels the need to resort to manipulation rather than directness, at least in a situation where they really are not trying to engineer some specific outcome, other than just not offending the other person, then I would consider them to be lacking in confidence, or perhaps even interpersonally lazy.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What is the difference between directness and a direct personality? If what you are saying is that directness and manipulation are not the only options, I agree. It is possible to be direct and to navigate any negative repercussions as you describe - by continuing the discussion to explain your statements and demonstrate your concern. It is also possible to be direct AND kind/considerate, they are not mutually exclusive, though of course it is possible to be direct and harsh, even scathing. As a matter of fact, if someone feels the need to resort to manipulation rather than directness, at least in a situation where they really are not trying to engineer some specific outcome, other than just not offending the other person, then I would consider them to be lacking in confidence, or perhaps even interpersonally lazy.

Directness as an approach, where an indirect person can sometimes be direct, and a person who is direct by default/nature. Both have different approaches when it comes to interaction, with the latter usually running into the kind of trouble Maou mentioned. I'm saying you can be a direct person and be kind and unmanipulative- just as you say, they are not mutually exclusive. And yes, that is what I was expressing.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

How to talk to someone when they're upset isn't manipulation, it's tact...and sometimes more than that, such as just lying to make someone feel better. To manipulate is to control or influence (a person or situation) cleverly, unfairly, or unscrupulously.

I would not directly say "it's your fault" but no, I would also not lie to them as an alternative. I believe doing so robs someone of the opportunity to learn from it so that they will not repeat it and have to go through it again; thus, it is ultimately not the kind approach. In any case, no, I don't do half truths and white lies. It's very rare that I will lie, and in 99% of cases it's a matter of survival for me and it always eats at me afterwards.

I'm not sure what being open and honest has to do with it but quite honestly I don't see the logic in being accepted for not being yourself (it isn't even you they are accepting). That's really not the discussion though. To get back to the discussion...ultimately, there are alternative approaches. It is less "one or the other" than suggested here.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Maou said:
Still wanted to reply, but figured I'd do it in a separate post since it's somewhat off-topic. I will just say no one is perfect and if someone reacts this way after feeling their observation was shut down one time......well, I'll just say it would be on the person who recoiled to say they were bothered by it (instead of recoiling) in order for the two of them to talk it out. Communication is key in relationship building. People are going to do shit that hurts others unintentionally, and if they change forever and can't talk about it instead of recoiling, well...that person is probably quite isolated internally because that's how you resolve matters. A therapist will tell you that honest and open communication is essential in relationship building. A lot of people are afraid to do this though because it makes them feel vulnerable. At the end of the day though, people aren't mind readers and people aren't perfect.

There's also sometimes a good reason for something to be shut down. I'll use a different instance as an example. Say a student suggests an answer to a teacher teaching a class, but the teacher immediately says "no, that's not correct." Should the student be bothered that their answer was rejected? Does the teacher not already know the answer? People do get offended in similar (but less obvious) situations though. They believe their answers are true, thus when they're automatically told they're not, they're offended...but the person telling them they're not sometimes is able to see a lot more of what's being assessed than the person who made the observation has access to. It's just as important to try to understand why the observation would not be correct.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
And when someone is direct and honest, they also open themselves up to vulnerability to rejection, by the person they are being direct to.
I also just wanted to point out...that people can be vulnerable to rejection either way, even because of this very act. For instance, authenticity is something I value highly and I find it difficult to respect those who aren't and I tend to see it as weak when people orbit more around image-oriented pride/insecurity rather than being true to themselves. Thus, the very thing they are trying to achieve through their actions is the very thing their actions cause them not to achieve with me. People are going to reject you one way or another. Can't please or earn the approval of everyone. But this action is kind of like...sacrificing who you are not even for approval necessarily, but for a certain response...and one that isn't even guaranteed. I've noticed I tend to dislike people who are like this. Even if I don't agree with what the direct person says, I still at least respect and appreciate their honesty and directness. I also respect their individuality and entitlement to be different or have a different perspective.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3-minute-x

Not Sociopathic
Your answers suggest you are not sociopathic. In clinical contexts, cases such as yours should be investigated, but most likely would not meet the criteria for the diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not Sociopathic