• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI test I made (with cognitive functions)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I made one MBTI test of my own!
Making one of these tests takes more effort than it seems apparently.
This one uses Sum Typing, its a method I have been delaying to post a thread about it. Its my second special typing method, this test doesnt use the Open/Free cognitive function stack. Here it is the description:

This is a quite innovative and different MBTI quiz/test, based mostly on cognitive functions. This quiz uses a big collection of stats of my own, some of them indirectly accessing the 16 MBTI/Jung types rather than directly (E/I is deducted quite indirectly), with interesting questions. It uses the Sum Typing method, being supplemented with some E/I dichotomy questions (that are very discrete, some of them doesnt even seem to relate with E/I) and a few questions that access type directly, two of them related to Truity and some few inspired on Sakinorva Cognitive Functions test. Created by Vendrah.

Link:
https://www.quotev.com/quiz/12501474/Sum-Typing-MBTI-Test-with-cognitive-functions

At below there is a rank of which types you score the most from the least, it is good to check the type on the second place. Also, due to limitations on the quiz website, I cannot really include each cognitive function point and rank sadly, but this uses cognitive functions mostly.

Last edited:

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pretty cool test! I'm curious though, what does the 2 mean next to the types?(Like I got ENFP II as 2nd in my ranking)

INFP

Your type is INFP!
Why should I do a description of my own if there are 13233 type descriptions on the internet? Here are some of them:
INFP in Depth — All About the INFP Personality Type | Truity
INFP - Typology Wiki
INFP - Typology Wiki

Google INFP descriptions for more!

Here are some facts you wont find that easily on internet about INFP (some of these are from my personal search that does not follow soft-scientific standards):
- The most common type in typology community in general.
- Most common introverted intuitive type world-wide.
- One of the most introverted types, tied with INTP.
- 4.9% of world´s population (based on 21 countries,2012-2020) and 6.4% of US population (2018).

Countries with most INFPs:
1 - Japan (11% of population)
2 - Ireland (9.7%)
3 - Canada (9.2%)

Countries with least INFPs:
1 - South Africa (0.9%) (rarest type)
2 - Russia (1.5%)
3 – India (1.6%) (rarest type)

Most common type in INFPs friends/best friends list (based on several "[INFP] What is your best friend?" threads among several different websites/forums):
1 - INFJ (14%)
2 - ENFP (11%)
3 - INTJ (11%)
4 – Another INFP (10%)

Most common enneagram: Type 4.
Most common enneagram with wings:
1 – 4w5
2 – 9w1
3 – 6w5

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENFP

Your type is ENFP!
Why should I do a description of my own if there are 13233 type descriptions on the internet? Here are some of them:
ENFP in Depth — All About the ENFP Personality Type | Truity
ENFP - Typology Wiki
ENFP - Typology Wiki

Google ENFP descriptions for more!

Here are some facts you wont find that easily on internet about ENFP (some of these are from my personal search that does not follow soft-scientific standards):
- The most common intuitive type in the world. The only type that it is more common than its sensor cousin.
- Most common introverted of all extroverted types.
- Most likely type to be marked as “best friend” by other types.
- Most T of feeler types, tied with INFJ.
- This type tends to diverse and decentralize its use of cognitive functions.
- Most Perceiver of all types.
- Borderline I/E and T/F are common.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Pretty cool test! I'm curious though, what does the 2 mean next to the types?(Like I got ENFP II as 2nd in my ranking)

ENFP II is meant for ENFP types who have borderline on both E/I and T/F, although someone from borderline E/I or T/F can get that result as well by accident, so I put and/or, but originally its meant for borderline on E/I and T/F. This prevents ENFPs with borderline E/I and T/F to get INFP, ENTP or INTP as a result (through dichotomy and through my first method, someone with clear preference for N and P and borderline in E/I and T/F could be any NP type, but through cognitive functions with this method its possibly to track which NP is in some cases, perhaps most of them). Im one of them and - [MENTION=30122]Amethyst Archon[/MENTION] - seems to be either. Talking about that, [MENTION=30122]Amethyst Archon[/MENTION], which 2nd type you got? Should be ENFP II.

For the moment, I only included one variation for the two most common types with multiple borderlines on the internet (INFJ and ENFP), I pretend to add a few more later. With this method, I could have 5 variations per type, but it would be way too much work (and I dont think the website quiz support it) to put and set 80 different types. Also, this test does not use entirely cognitive functions, it has supplementary questions that arent dichotomies and on these questions its quite tricky to get these variations right. These variations are very useful to deal with borderlines. I have made a pseudo competition between methods on experiment topic plus the sakinorva test topic, and this method could even pass dichotomy (my first method fall a little bit behind dichotomy) without variations (with variations included, if I narrow them a bit, should be even better), meaning that this method has some good chance of being more reliable and have a better test-retest ratio than dichotomy MBTI.

PS: INFJ II is for INFJs with borderline both on J/P and T/F. I pretend to create for INFJ one specific for J/P borderline later.
EDIT: ENFP II is directly cousing to ENFP, ENTP, INFP and INTP, so anyone with these types are very likely to get ENFP II in 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th place.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I scored as INFP.

All NP types were close together, with a large gap between the 5th type (ENTP) and 6th (INFJ II).

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I scored as INFP.

All NP types were close together, with a large gap between the 5th type (ENTP) and 6th (INFJ II).

Gee, you are supposed to get INFJ, right?
Although I see you removed your MBTI type from your typoC profile.
There is one positive side, at least you didnt had ISTJ as a result =P.
Taking account that INFJ is quite far away, Im not quite sure if I can properly fix it (specially without compromising other results).

With the questions with words, you remember which one you answered?
"Final stage! I hope you had fun and your type gets correct!
Pick up the words you relate the most (part 1):"

You answered this:
"Reflective, Careless, Sensitive, Flexible, and Appreciative."
or
"Sincere, Sympathetic, Unassuming, Easygoing, and Patient"
or something else?

Also this one, which you answered:
"What do you think about discipline?"
A-> Discipline is important or very important in order to reach and/or catch one´s big ideal (or few ideals, since having too much ideals would lack focus, which would compromise discipline).
B -> I think discipline is quite overrated; It could limit possibilities and it could close minds in a way that it could even threat intelligence.

This one:
"You have insights about the future that turns to be correct."
From 1 to 5, you remembered which you answered?

"What of these weakness or trouble happens more to you?"
A-> Unpredictable situation
B-> Accept everything
C-> Chain
D-> Life symbolic

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your answers
INFJ 125
INFP 120
INFJ II 120

ISFJ 118
ISFP 111
INTP 105
INTJ 104
ENFP II 97
ISTP 89
ENFJ 87
ESFJ 86
ENFP 81
ISTJ 80
ESFP 69
ENTP 69
ESTP 62
ESTJ 55
ENTJ 55

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Gee, you are supposed to get INFJ, right?
Although I see you removed your MBTI type from your typoC profile.
There is one positive side, at least you didnt had ISTJ as a result =P.
Taking account that INFJ is quite far away, Im not quite sure if I can properly fix it (specially without compromising other results).

With the questions with words, you remember which one you answered?
"Final stage! I hope you had fun and your type gets correct!
Pick up the words you relate the most (part 1):"

You answered this:
"Reflective, Careless, Sensitive, Flexible, and Appreciative."
or
"Sincere, Sympathetic, Unassuming, Easygoing, and Patient"
or something else?

Also this one, which you answered:
"What do you think about discipline?"
A-> Discipline is important or very important in order to reach and/or catch one´s big ideal (or few ideals, since having too much ideals would lack focus, which would compromise discipline).
B -> I think discipline is quite overrated; It could limit possibilities and it could close minds in a way that it could even threat intelligence.

[Not A, maybe B]

This one:
"You have insights about the future that turns to be correct."
From 1 to 5, you remembered which you answered? [Partially agree]

"What of these weakness or trouble happens more to you?"
A-> Unpredictable situation
B-> Accept everything
C-> Chain
D-> Life symbolic [I think]

Answers in bold.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Answers in bold.

Ok, Im not getting it :cry:
You picked up the right answer to INFJ on truity words, I will be even slightly buffing that question because it seems to be enough reliable. Life symbolic was the answer for Ni (Ne was the chain one). In those answers that were more critical to Ne vs Ni, you picked Ni mostly. Except on the discipline one. If you are getting all NP types in front of INFJ, it should be a Ni vs Ne issue.

I would needed to have all your answers to try to diagnose, and that would be asking too much. I dont think there is much I can do.

I have to give some credit for these test makers, it is really harder than it seems!

---

I got some good comments on the quiz site comments section.

"This was one of the best MBTI tests I’ve seen to date! The cognitive functions are so pivotal to the theory. Amazing work :)"

"Amazing quiz"

"oh cool i thought i was infp but i like the test"

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Ok, Im not getting it :cry:
You picked up the right answer to INFJ on truity words, I will be even slightly buffing that question because it seems to be enough reliable. Life symbolic was the answer for Ni (Ne was the chain one). In those answers that were more critical to Ne vs Ni, you picked Ni mostly. Except on the discipline one.

I would needed to have all your answers to try to diagnose, and that would be asking too much.

I have to give some credit for these test makers, it is really harder than it seems!

Were there many J vs P questions? In dichotomies tests I tend to score as a P type, but going by functions I tend to score high in Ni.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Were there many J vs P questions? In dichotomies tests I tend to score as a P type, but going by functions I tend to score high in Ni.

Zero J vs P questions in directly terms.
Although the website quiz forced me to make points for every type in every question, so I had to use a slightly dichotomy on these questions. However I had put as less weight as possible on that, the cognitive function weights like literally 5-10x times more.

It havent showerd your stack, but it is very very likely that you got Ne>Ni this time.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Zero J vs P questions in directly terms.
Although the website quiz forced me to make points for every type in every question, so I had to use a slightly dichotomy on these questions. However I had put as less weight as possible on that, the cognitive function weights like literally 5-10x times more.

It havent showerd your stack, but it is very very likely that you got Ne>Ni this time.

Hmm ok.

One question I remember had the term "creative/original". I picked that because I associate myself with originality, and I associate originality with Ni. Was that answer measuring Ni or Ne?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Hmm ok.

One question I remember had the term "creative/original". I picked that because I associate myself with originality, and I associate originality with Ni. Was that answer measuring Ni or Ne?

That question was "irregular".

There was one answer for Ne, one for Si, one for Ti and another for Fe.
INFJ was more likely towards Fe one, but I realized that Fe also requires extroversion on that option..
"I like to flock to the theatre and/or concerts and/or church and/or big events. I appreciate going to these places properly dressed (on a fashion way), and I like to support these social-cultural enterprises" -> Fe option. This was supposed to be Fe but it is more like E+Fe, and because of E INFJs could be migrating to this one. It already helps, I will see if I get a replacement for that option or if I will simply put more points for INFJ towards the Ne option instead.

However, although that doesnt relate to Sum Typing, I did knew that there was a chance for INFJ to mark the Ne option, so I had put points for INFJ in that too. So I actually already predicted that. You picked the Ne one, which isnt the best for INFJ but it should be fine.

á´…eparted

passages
I think you would benefit from an editor as this reads like it was written by a non-native english speaker. Specificity in language is important when it comes to any sort of personality assessment (casual or not), so I would consider it if you have the option or know someone who would be willing to do so. An editor should be your top priority. Also, the test questions are very based on stereotypes and at times gets political which are not informative. Some questions don't actually inform anything at all and/or wouldn't be knowable by the individual. Overall it actually deviates from typical typology and general personality theories, and the ways in which it deviates aren't appreciably linked to personality with regard to how mbti tends to define it. I don't think the test measure at current really says all that much as the assessment are sitting on a very meandering base. If you want to continue you develop your personal interpretation of personality in relation to this system, I would suggest taking large sample sizes over time and also ask for input from a wide array of people, particularly on how they personally interpreted questions. This would allow you to refine your questions and how you interpret these systems.

INFJ II

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting test [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION], and finally one where I coudn't tell which function/letter it was testing right away :)

got INTP from this one, and I guess you may be interested in the data from the last part of the test:

Your answers
INTP
ENFP II
INFP
ENFP
ENTP
ISTP
INFJ II
INTJ
INFJ
ESTP
ISFP
ISFJ
ENFJ
ESFP
ISTJ
ESFJ
ENTJ
ESTJ

ofc i gonna retake it later to check for consistency and reliability :laugh:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wow. I got INFJ. this has only ever happened 1 other time. XD I normally get cannot be found, SFJ, STJ, or NFP on quizzes. I think your test was pretty good though.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I think you would benefit from an editor as this reads like it was written by a non-native english speaker. Specificity in language is important when it comes to any sort of personality assessment (casual or not), so I would consider it if you have the option or know someone who would be willing to do so. An editor should be your top priority. Also, the test questions are very based on stereotypes and at times gets political which are not informative. Some questions don't actually inform anything at all and/or wouldn't be knowable by the individual. Overall it actually deviates from typical typology and general personality theories, and the ways in which it deviates aren't appreciably linked to personality with regard to how mbti tends to define it. I don't think the test measure at current really says all that much as the assessment are sitting on a very meandering base. If you want to continue you develop your personal interpretation of personality in relation to this system, I would suggest taking large sample sizes over time and also ask for input from a wide array of people, particularly on how they personally interpreted questions. This would allow you to refine your questions and how you interpret these systems.

INFJ II

I think you would benefit from an editor as this reads like it was written by a non-native english speaker.

Thats because I am not a native english speaker and I never finished my english course.

Overall it actually deviates from typical typology and general personality theories

If it deviates from typical typology then it doesnt use stereotypes at all. Because stereotypes are in typical typology.

You get the word here. Typical typology was exactly what I tried to avoid mostly:

Interesting test @Vendrah, and finally one where I coudn't tell which function/letter it was testing right away

This is a quite innovative and different MBTI quiz/test, based mostly on cognitive functions. This quiz uses a big collection of stats of my own, some of them indirectly accessing the 16 MBTI/Jung types rather than directly

This test has and uses a lot of hidden links between MBTI and other typology systems. Im connecting non-MBTI stuff right into MBTI stuff, thats the innovative part of it. I had created a bridge between these methods and cognitive functions using some stats, several of them based on linking the Dario nardi results with results you posted from other tests. It has it flaws and Im open to work on fix them, but doing these tests isnt easy as it appears to be. Just from top of my head, I used these:
- Enneagram connections. There are 2-3 questions that are enneagram, and perhaps these could sound stereotypes.
- MOTIV. One of political questions was related to "sectarianism" versus "globalist", which happened to be connected to Ti/Fe.
- Big 5 connections, including some big 5 facets. Big 5 conscientiousness has some stereotypical J stuff perhaps?
- Some weird stats about E/I on the internet, like the first question (the first question is a E/I question that doesnt even appear to be E/I).

Since I use this indirect stuff thats really a good way to create a very different test from the typical ones.
I had some few more typical questions, like the future ones, taken partially from sakinorva that has clear stats, so I could at least soften some errors due to my low sample on these connections. Thats not exactly a thing that I can actually solve, really (the small sample on connections).

wow. I got INFJ. this has only ever happened 1 other time. XD I normally get cannot be found, SFJ, STJ, or NFP on quizzes. I think your test was pretty good though.

Thanks! Im happy in the point that I made a cool unique test.
You seem to have a lot of borderlines, I think?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thats because I am not a native english speaker and I never finished my english course.

If it deviates from typical typology then it doesnt use stereotypes at all. Because stereotypes are in typical typology.

You get the word here. Typical typology was exactly what I tried to avoid mostly:

This test has and uses a lot of hidden links between MBTI and other typology systems. Im connecting non-MBTI stuff right into MBTI stuff, thats the innovative part of it. I had created a bridge between these methods and cognitive functions using some stats, several of them based on linking the Dario nardi results with results you posted from other tests. It has it flaws and Im open to work on fix them, but doing these tests isnt easy as it appears to be. Just from top of my head, I used these:
- Enneagram connections. There are 2-3 questions that are enneagram, and perhaps these could sound stereotypes.
- MOTIV. One of political questions was related to "sectarianism" versus "globalist", which happened to be connected to Ti/Fe.
- Big 5 connections, including some big 5 facets. Big 5 conscientiousness has some stereotypical J stuff perhaps?
- Some weird stats about E/I on the internet, like the first question (the first question is a E/I question that doesnt even appear to be E/I).

Since I use this indirect stuff thats really a good way to create a very different test from the typical ones.
I had some few more typical questions, like the future ones, taken partially from sakinorva that has clear stats, so I could at least soften some errors due to my low sample on these connections. Thats not exactly a thing that I can actually solve, really (the small sample on connections).

Thanks! Im happy in the point that I made a cool unique test.
You seem to have a lot of borderlines, I think?

Yes. I tend to score borderline on E/I scenarios, and S/N scenarios. I almost got INFJ ii but scathed it by 1 point. XD I find it interesting though that I normally type as ENFP but I scored lower on it on this, got higher on SFP, NFJ, and ISFJ. I think you asked good questions, my only one I struggled with is this one discussing how you care about other people's lives. Some of the answers got a little blunt to a place where I don't think people would want to answer it as honestly or couldn't relate to it. For instance I heavily entertain myself with celebrity gossip not because I want to a: help them, b: agree with them, but because (speaking from analyzing my behavior) I am kind of a critical person and I care about what people do in a sense of either making a point that this is in fact stupid or wrong, or because in my mind I feel like my values and principles are the just ones and therefore I can be judgmental. I often analyze people's actions without consciously looking for it. Like I see a chick shove her phone into her bra in a parking lot after answering a text and think wtf is wrong with you. I notice all these little things and I likely shouldn't care but I do. XD

on cognitive tests I tend to score equally high on Fe and Fi. I've always wondered how that works. XD but this test is definitely going in a good direction.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Yes. I tend to score borderline on E/I scenarios, and S/N scenarios. I almost got INFJ ii but scathed it by 1 point. XD I find it interesting though that I normally type as ENFP but I scored lower on it on this, got higher on SFP, NFJ, and ISFJ. I think you asked good questions, my only one I struggled with is this one discussing how you care about other people's lives. Some of the answers got a little blunt to a place where I don't think people would want to answer it as honestly or couldn't relate to it. For instance I heavily entertain myself with celebrity gossip not because I want to a: help them, b: agree with them, but because (speaking from analyzing my behavior) I am kind of a critical person and I care about what people do in a sense of either making a point that this is in fact stupid or wrong, or because in my mind I feel like my values and principles are the just ones and therefore I can be judgmental. I often analyze people's actions without consciously looking for it. Like I see a chick shove her phone into her bra in a parking lot after answering a text and think wtf is wrong with you. I notice all these little things and I likely shouldn't care but I do. XD

on cognitive tests I tend to score equally high on Fe and Fi. I've always wondered how that works. XD but this test is definitely going in a good direction.

What options do you suggest me to add or remove on that question?