• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI test I made (with cognitive functions)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah cool I see you changed up the quiz a bit since the last time I played around with it, I got my type this time.
INTP: 181
INTJ: 163
INFJ: 156
INFP: 154
ISTJ: 135

I think the only feedback I have for you this time around is that your definition of Fe (or what I find to be Fe edged questions) seems to be skewed heavily towards enneagram type 3. I've met a lot of Fe users (moreso Fe aux) who really hate the concept of being recognized and are quite reserved in their style of affection (and ESxP's in particular who are not by any means).

Overall this seems to be coming along pretty well though, I look forward to seeing how this develops further.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Ah cool I see you changed up the quiz a bit since the last time I played around with it, I got my type this time.
INTP: 181
INTJ: 163
INFJ: 156
INFP: 154
ISTJ: 135

I think the only feedback I have for you this time around is that your definition of Fe (or what I find to be Fe edged questions) seems to be skewed heavily towards enneagram type 3. I've met a lot of Fe users (moreso Fe aux) who really hate the concept of being recognized and are quite reserved in their style of affection (and ESxP's in particular who are not by any means).

Overall this seems to be coming along pretty well though, I look forward to seeing how this develops further.

You are talking about the question 3?
That option does score for Fe-doms although they score better on the affection one, and Fe aux doesnt score on that option, so I guess thats right. Now I dont remember why I decided that anymore :D but should be based on Enneagram distribution aand some stuff I forgot.
However, your observation is interesting because even in Jung there is some "must be recognized" related to Fe (although thats more EXXJ, or Fe and Te).

Turi said:
There were multiple problems with this quiz, it's highly predictable, a lot of the questions are stolen from other quizzes and varied only slightly, there is a lot of mistakes with spelling and grammar, and some questions were asking the respondent to select from options that were not in opposition.

This means the test is easily gamed to produce whatever results people want, despite the creator claiming there are a number of hidden links at play behind the scenes - it's actually really generic, it's difficult to follow along with at times due to the spelling and grammar mistakes and having to select from options that are not in opposition creates an awkward feeling when taking the quiz.

I appreciate the effort, though I believe you could do better than this. I didn't like this quiz.

Well, that was though. But some of your perceptions are really different than others and a minority opinion, except on the grammar (Im not a native english speaker and I havent finished the english course).
If you found this test predictable, I dont see why you would not find other tests predictable as well. But perhaps you do actually have some good knowledge on the alternative stuff I used (Enneagram, Big 5, DISC I think, MOTIV, etc...), because lots of people couldnt really predict the results and couldnt really predict what some of the questions are for. The hidden links are for people who doesnt know these theories and how they relate to each other. And about these "lots of question stolen", well, first none of the theory behind the test is my own, second, there is some truth for five questions: I took five questions from Sakinorva test and did changed them a bit but I mentioned that some of them are inspired in Sakinorva (and mentioned Truity, where I did take the questions with words in the end of the test). However, as far as I remember all others are original, although I did took them based on descriptions and the original sources (such as MOTIV) does have a test on their own and might arrive at alike questions.

Im sorry you did feel uncomfortable expecting options to be in opposition, however that principle is considered very important in dichotomy, not in cognitive functions.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally posted the theory for Sum Typing, it isnt really that much complicated, really:
Sum Typing

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello Vendrah,

took the test again, I actually got INFJ this time.

This could also be my neuroticism XD

INFJ
ENFJ
INFP
ISFJ
INTJ
ESFJ
ISFP
ENTJ
ISTJ
ENFP
this is my usual typing for myself
INTP
ESTJ
ENTP
ESFP
ESTP
ISTP

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. Didn't know what some of my answers were going to yield or what the consolidation would result in. Also: the lowest score for me is 100% accurate. :laugh:

Sum Typing MBTI Test (with cognitive functions)
Vendrah
INFJ

Your answers
INFJ

INFP

ENFJ

INTP

ESFJ

INTJ

ISFP

ISTP

ESTP
ESFP
ESTJ
ENTJ
ISFJ
ENFP
ISTJ
ENTP

Aenye

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The test is interesting, but some of the answers would fit better in an Enneagram test than in a MBTI test. For example, from my understanding of the theory, wanted to be appreciated is 2 or 3 (depending on the reason/s why someone wants to be appreciated) and not Fe, wanting to help others is 2 and not Fe :rly???: A postive side, instead, is that it includes different types of questions, making it more various and accurate imo; the test didn't get my type right, true, but it's really close!

INTJ
INTP
ESFP
ESTP
ISTP
INFJ
INFP
ESFJ
ESTJ
ENTJ
ISTJ
ISFP
ISFJ
ENTP
ENFJ
ENFP

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI
INTJ (199), ENTJ (168), ISTJ (167)

Enneagram
1 – 5w4
2 – 5w6
3 – 1w9

What I find somewhat appreciable about this is that the statements aren't all 'obviously' a certain dichotomy/function. However, there were certain options that looked like they contradicted themselves, and ones that are too open to interpretation- though due to the nature of a quiz having to be concise yet relatable enough, the latter is naturally unavoidable.

I see ENTJ for myself pretty high up again.
Bit of my own two cents.

I think a problem with testing via functions is that it potentially ignores a person's true dominant approach- they may answer things that are consistent with, for example, Introversion (I > E), but their score for Ji (Si/Ni) is too low (bad descriptions, misunderstandings, or whatnot) that their Je trumps it and out comes an EXXJ score, even though they consistently pick I > E traits- this is a problem because there is a vast fundamental difference in cognitive work between the two different letters of each dichotomy. However, it is very useful I think, to detect at least the presence of a cognitive function in someone's stacking, even if it may be in the wrong order. This was an interesting take, and I could tell a lot of time, thought and work went into it.

One question though, [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION]- are the Enneagram scores tested separately from the function ones, or are there overlap? (For example, giving scores for -J and E1 from the same answer)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
One question though, [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION]- are the Enneagram scores tested separately from the function ones, or are there overlap? (For example, giving scores for -J and E1 from the same answer)

These enneagrams are just the top common enneagrams for INTJs. They are not enneagram scores.

I used connections with many different systems, and one of them is the enneagram, to score MBTI type. The few enneagram questions scores MBTI types, I used MBTI/Enneagram tables and did the scores according to these tables.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got INTJ, with ENTJ and ESTJ tied in 2nd place. Not bad.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got ISTJ. I like this quiz a lot, actually. Better than your enneagram ones. Unique questions here.

KnowWonder

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTP as usual.

INTP 175
ENTP 161
ISTP 160
INFP 152
ENFP 149
INTJ 140
INFJ 131
ESTP 124
ESFP 114
ENFJ 113
ISTJ 110
ENTJ 110
ISFP 104
ESFJ 98
ESTJ 91
ISFJ 80

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I had updated type descriptions, not a big change.

I got ISTJ. I like this quiz a lot, actually. Better than your enneagram ones. Unique questions here.

Thanks.