• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New conginitive personality test

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Test claimed me as an ENFP which is wrong but it also made me realise Fe is naturally occurring for me while Fi is learnt, my excess Fi was one of the things that always made me question INTJ over INTP.

functions.jpg

Still don't get Si.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
Possible result: INFP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -3.2

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.

-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.

Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

Ne : Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be'; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- Fi

- Ne

- Si

- Se

- Te

- Ti

- Fe

- Ni

Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -3.6

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.

-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.

Your Most-Used Processes

Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

Ne : Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be'; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.

Si : Reviewing past experiences; 'what is' evoking 'what was'; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been.

These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Ni,Fe
You are generally not aware of engaing in this process. You find it bothersome and unhelpful from others and question its value. You may mistake its use for something else. You may avoid or try to shut down situations that involve this process.

Ti,Te
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Se
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Si
You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

Ne,Fi
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ti, Ne, Ni, Fi, Se, Te, Si, Fe. INTP.

Actually, I find it very accurate.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm happy the test typed me as ENFP.. I didn't provide information concerning previous MBTI knowledge (my type) so I'm happy there is no possible way it might have been influenced by that :p

Anyway :

Your Possible Type Code
Possible result: ENFP

Possible result: ENFP

11w4nrm.png

I'm going to check the other cognitive process test results to see how they compare...

EDIT:

The other test lists the strength of my functions in the following order - Fi, Ne, Ti, Se, Fe, Te, Ni, Si. Quite different.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can someone fix the spelling in the title, PLEASE?

It is really starting to annoy me.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
this isn't how functions work lol at all

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
It was all...

Ne, Ti, Fe, Fi, Ni, Se, Si, Te

Then it said somethin' bout INTP and INFP, but I had to leave before I could read it all.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Can someone fix the spelling in the title, PLEASE?

It is really starting to annoy me.

Yeah, I keep thinking it says something like 'congenital personality'.

Most Used Processes: Ti, Te, Ni

Fi,Fe
You are generally not aware of engaging in this process. You find it bothersome and unhelpful from others and question its value. You may mistake its use for something else. You may avoid or try to shut down situations that involve this process.

Si,Se
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occasionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Ne
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Ni

You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

Te
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.

Ti
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

It said I'm possibly an INTP using the traditional sorting method or possibly an INTJ using the new sorting method.

Your self-assessment curve = -3.2

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
newtestvx8.jpg

Your Possible Type Code
Possible result: ESFJ

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Ti-Fi-Ne

Haha.

Last time, it was Ti-Ne-Ni, but I guess I'm not a good test-taker.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They have refined this test a lot since I last took it. My results this time are pretty accurate:

Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...

- Ni

- Fe

- Ti

- Fi

- Ne

- Se

- Te

- Si

Your Possible Type Code

Possible result: INFJ

Possible result: INFJ

Your Developmental Curve

Your self-assessment curve = -1.3

Your Most-Used Processes

Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.

Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Te,Si
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Se

Ti,Ne,Fi

Ni,Fe

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
func.jpg

Traditional result: INFP

Best-fit result: INFP

Your self-assessment curve = -1.1

Your Most-Used Processes
Fi
Ne
Si

Se,Fe

Ni,Ti,Te

Si,Ne,Fi

lane777

nevermore
- Fi

- Fe

- Si

- Te

- Se

- Ti

- Ni

- Ne

Possible result: ISFJ :ohmy:

Your self-assessment curve = -1.2

Your Most-Used Processes

Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.

Si : Reviewing past experiences; 'what is' evoking 'what was'; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been.

Ne

Ni,Ti,Te,Se

Si
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.

Fi,Fe

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
Ti
Se
Te
Si
Ni
Ne
Fe
Fi

Your Possible Type Code
Possible result: ESTP
Possible result: ISTP

Your Developmental Curve

Your self-assessment curve = -1.7

Your Most-Used Processes
Ti, Se ,Te

I don’t get it… I scored Ti higher than Se but the traditional method pegs me as an ESTP?

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
My ranking: 1st: Fi, Ne, Ni, ( Most-Used Processes)
2nd: Ti, Te
3nd: Fe, Si,
4nd: Se

Your Possible Type Code

Possible result: INTP
Your self-assessment curve = - 1.1

my comment to it: propably extremly complex personality or an logical NF :p

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Ti

- █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Ne

- █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Si

- █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Fi

- █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Te

- █ █ █ Fe

- █ █ Se

- █ Ni

INTP
Your self-assessment curve = -4.7

Is this one really "new", or is it "old", as the URL even says? This one is copyrighted 2003. I forgot if the other one was newer that that. Wasn't it 2007 or something?
I like how it groups all the questions into the functions they're measuring. That makes it easier to gather what some of them are talking about, and now the scores come out a bit more in order.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Understanding Your Results
A profile of your cognitive development is presented below, based on how you have described yourself. A four-letter personality type code and temperament are also presented for your convenience if you are familiar with those frameworks. Most people find their results match their 4-letter personality type code and temperament. That is, we tend to develop what we prefer and vice versa. As you reflect on your cognitive profile, keep in mind that sometimes we develop a cognitive process to meet the demands of our environment or use a process well in one area of our lives but not others.

The Eight Processes
Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung identified four mental functions — today known as cognitive processes. We focus our attention and gather information using Sensing (S) and iNtuiting (N), and we organize our experiences and make decisions using Thinking (T) and Feeling (F). Jung described how each of these four processes plays out in a person's "internal world" (I) of thoughts, feelings, memories and imagination; and in the "external world" (E) of actions, people, tools and organizations. Thus, 8 cognitive processes (Se, Si, Ne, Ni, Te, Ti, Fe, Fi).

Basic and Developed Use
Each cognitive process can be engaged in a basic, unsophisticated way reflecting our natural human capabilities. Almost everyone can engage each process in some basic way. Beyond this, you will engage some cognitive processes in a more sophisticated, developed way. This is usually the result of innate preference plus lifelong growth and practice, which equals development.

Perceiving—how we focus our attention and gather information

Cognitive Process Basic (Passive) Use Developed (Active) Use
extraverted Sensing (Se) Notice sensory data in the environment. Trust your instincts and take action relevant to the moment and current context.
introverted Sensing (Si) Recall tangible data and experiences. Stabilize a situation by comparing it to what is expected, known and reliable.
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) Notice abstract patterns as they emerge. Shift a situation's dynamics and explore imaginative potential possibilities.
introverted Intuiting (Ni) Receive "ah-ha" insights and realizations. Persue a greater level of awareness to transform who you are and how you think.

Judging—how we organize our experiences and make decisions

Cognitive Process Basic (Passive) Use Developed (Active) Use
extraverted Thinking (Te) Follow steps, points and time tables. Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.
introverted Thinking (Ti) Adhere to definitions and impersonal principles. Analyze a problem using a framework, and find an angle or leverage by which to solve it.
extraverted Feeling (Fe) Honor others' needs and preferences. Connect with people by sharing values and taking on their needs as yours.
introverted Feeling (Fi) Adhere to personal beliefs about what's important. Evalute situations and choose what you believe is congruent with your personal identity.

Development is more than basic or developed use of processes in isolation. Excellent use of a cognitive process involves both basic and advanced use as appropriate, and ability to deploy other processes in its service. Average to good use usually means we can use the process in limited situations or use it well but only with the aid of other processes. Poor use means basic use at most. Finally, we may get ourselves into trouble when we don't use a process at all.

Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...
- Ni

- Fi

- Ne

- Se

- Si

- Ti

- Fe

- Te

Your Possible Type Code

Your Developmental Curve

Your self-assessment curve = -6.6

Your Most-Used Processes

These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Te
You are generally not aware of engaing in this process. You find it bothersome and unhelpful from others and question its value. You may mistake its use for something else. You may avoid or try to shut down situations that involve this process.

Ti,Si,Se,Fe

Ne,Fi

Ni