• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Detailed Hogwarts House Test

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sortinghatchats Official Quiz by ejadelomax
Here's an incredibly detailed and explainitory quiz to figure out your primary and secondary hogwarts houses. It may be over the top, but it's fun and I like the detail that went into it.

My results:
Primary: Ravenclaw (could be burnt Ravenclaw/Gryffindor as well)
Secondary: Ravenclaw with a hufflepuff model

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We think you're a Hufflepuff Primary and a Burned Slytherin Secondary.

Hufflepuff Primaries bond to communities, traditions, or cultures. They prioritize fairness and equality, treating people justly because people are people-- not because they like one person more than others.

A Burned Slytherin Secondary might want to be flexible, adaptable, and clever, but they feel like they are (or like people think they are) clumsy, unobservant, or blunt. Adapting to fit the needs of their situation is the right way to achieve their goals, but Burned Slytherins know that's not going to work within their capabilities. So they take other paths and use other tools-- maybe a Gryffindor's bluntness, a Hufflepuff's reliable dedication, or a Ravenclaw's collection of skills and tools.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Primary: slytherin
Secondary: slytherin
Model: Syltherin.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Primary: ehm, it's a mess. Either burned Gryffindor or Ravenclaw with Gryffindor model. Surprise surprise.
Secondary: Ravenclaw.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might be a Slytherin Primary. :huh:

Slytherin Primaries are fiercely loyal to the people they care for most. Slytherin is the place where “you’ll make your real friends”– they prioritize individual loyalties and find their moral core in protecting and caring for the people they are closest to.

Slytherin’s reputation for ambition comes from the visibility of this promotion of the self and their important people– ambition is something you can find in all four Houses; Slytherin’s is just the one that looks most obviously selfish.

Because their morality system of “me and mine first” is fairly narrow in scope, Slytherins often construct an additional morality system (a “model”) to deal with situations that are not addressed by their personal loyalty system.

Does that sound like you?

(Keep in mind: you might also be a Burned Hufflepuff. They can look a lot like Slytherins, with small inner circles that they prioritize. However, a Burned Hufflepuff only has a circle so small because the world is too hard and exhausting to take responsibility for anyone but the people closest to you. In a better world, or if they were a "better" person, a Hufflepuff would be generous to a wider audience. A Hufflepuff feels bad or guilty about the limits of their loyalty; a Slytherin feels satisfied and possessive.)

You might be a Hufflepuff Secondary.

Hufflepuff Secondaries invest themselves into their world with service and support. When things turn out well for a Puff it often comes as a result of those old investments culminating and giving back. Old debts might raise their head in a time of need. Communities the Puff has supported or built might marshal to their aid without even being asked. Their reputation might precede them, allowing them trust or the allowances that they need. They spend the time and do the work-- while a lot of the time that work may be invested in the people around them, it can also be invested in projects, systems, or organizations-- and that work, too may pay back in time of need.

Often overlooked, Hufflepuff Secondaries may be handed secrets, access, or tasks of monumental importance because they have developed a reputation that they can be trusted with them. This reputation is earned through a slow and steady process of hard work.

Not everyone can see the worth of a Hufflepuff Secondary. Less flashy than a Gryffindor, less smooth than a Slytherin, less jack-of-all-trades than a Ravenclaw, their strength is their dedication. Like all Secondaries, this sorting is about what a Hufflepuff wants to do-- not necessarily what they are able to achieve within the constraints of life, circumstance, and health. But a Hufflepuff wants to show up. They want to work well and fairly. They want to achieve things honestly and stand on solid ground.

This is what makes a Hufflepuff: they show up. They do the work, often for no obvious gain except for the satisfaction of a job well done. This is the source of their power, and it is slowly gathered, not obvious to look at, and rarely spent. Where Gryffindors charge and Slytherins transform, the Hufflepuff seems inconsequential and harmless until the moment when they rise up and call on all their debts, secrets, and trust.

Does that sound like you?

From your answers so far, you also might be a:

Ravenclaw

Ravenclaw Secondaries collect-- hobbies, skillsets, knowledge.
You might be a Ravenclaw Secondary.

Ravenclaws are collectors. Dedicated to knowledge, to facts, systems, tools, or skills, the things they have already learned are what they call on when things get tough. They can collect useful skills, build complex clever systems, invent vitally useful things, or just learn everything there is to know about the birds of South America.

Ravenclaws’ efficacy often relies on what situation they are in: what the problem is they have to solve and whether or not they’ve prepared the proper tools for that problem. While Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors can apply their skills at stockpiling trust or inspiring passion to attack various situations, Ravenclaws’ tools are necessarily task specific. Do they know how to ride horses? Speak Greek? Do they have contingency plans for earthquakes, zombie apocalypses, or a surprise visit from the in-laws?

If they’ve already built themselves a tool set for a situation, they’re likely to excel at it. If they have not, they’re likely to blink a few times while they try to either invent something new for themselves or to cobble up something approximate from their existing resources.

Ravenclaws, like Hufflepuff Secondaries, are at their best when they can prepare before the problems show up, not improvise or invent in the moment. Where Hufflepuffs invest in reputation, community, and effort, Ravenclaws invest in tools. These tools can vary from detailed knowledge of modern Romance languages, Mesopotamian history, Gothic architecture, and US civil court legal procedures; or mastering the skills of carjacking, gourmet vegan cooking, juggling, and staying level-headed in crisis; or keeping internal (or external) databases on their friends’, allies’, and enemies’ likes, dislikes, connections, obligations, fears, weaknesses, strengths, and goals. Some of these are more useful than others. Ravenclaws can collect their tools with the aim of eventual usefulness, but are likely to also collect knowledge just for the sake of knowledge.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Primary: slytherin
Secondary: slytherin
Model: Syltherin.

Slytherin Primaries are fiercely loyal to the people they care for most. Slytherin is the place where “you’ll make your real friends”– they prioritize individual loyalties and find their moral core in protecting and caring for the people they are closest to.

Slytherin’s reputation for ambition comes from the visibility of this promotion of the self and their important people– ambition is something you can find in all four Houses; Slytherin’s is just the one that looks most obviously selfish.

Because their morality system of “me and mine first” is fairly narrow in scope, Slytherins often construct an additional morality system (a “model”) to deal with situations that are not addressed by their personal loyalty system.
While Slytherin has a reputation for being insular and amoral, a Slytherin’s loyalty does not have to be limited to a small group of loved ones. Some Slytherins have “inner circles” so large they look like Hufflepuffs. But it's a big possessive type of love.

To quote Terry Pratchett’s Tiffany Aching: “Then turn selfishness into a weapon! Make all things yours! Make other lives and dreams and hopes yours! Protect them! Save them! Bring them into the sheepfold! Walk the gale for them! Keep away the wolf! My dreams! My brother! My family! My land! My world! How dare you try to take these things, because they are mine!”

A Slytherin can also have no one in their inner circle except for themself. But the idea of prioritizing your self (and, if you have them, your people) is a moral good in its own right-- it’s healthy, honest, and grounded. You can do lots of other things with your life-- be generous, ambitious, contrary, cruel, kind-- but you don’t feel bad about stepping back and taking care of you and yours. There’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, there’s something really right about that.

A Slytherin Secondary’s defining constant is to change. They adapt to the situation, going with the flow and making use of advantages as they come. They are good at spotting unexpected opportunities and rapidly shifting their aim and approach in order to snatch up the possibilities in front of them. Sometimes this leads them to appear lucky where they are actually better described as opportunistic.

This maneuverability adds to the Slytherin reputation for manipulation, cunning, and deceit– but from the Slytherin’s perspective, those opportunities were there for other people to see, too, and taking advantage of them is neither dishonest nor tricky, but resourceful.

It doesn’t feel deceitful to a Slytherin to change to fit the needs of their environment– to be kind with this person, forceful with this one, erudite to the next. This adaptability can be applied to manipulation, influence, and power, but a Slytherin secondary can just as easily focus their efforts on maintaining friendships, making people happy, encouraging positive social change, or streamlining communication.

Most of the time, most Slytherin Secondaries live comfortably in a system of shifting facades and able code-switching, singing a different tune to every situation. But when they are feeling safe, in the company of trusted people, or when they are feeling particularly apathetic and done with the world, Slytherin Secondaries often let all those shifting layers drop— this is the neutral state. The neutral state is easy to mistake for a Gryffindor Secondary because there is a similar sharp-edged, unreserved honesty to it. But the motivation for this honesty is coming from different places.

The neutral state is blunt and often rough, unphased by stepping on people’s toes. For some Slytherin Secondaries, it’s a luxury not to care about stepping on toes— their best tools for their own comfort, success, and joy may involve paying close attention to their circumstances and reacting accordingly in order to manipulate the spaces they inhabit. Other Slytherin Secondaries, less threatened or less protective of themselves, might spend lots of time in their neutral state. But they indulge in that bluntness for pleasure, efficacy, or ease-- being less honest and forthright would feel just as ethical, whereas to a Gryffindor "lying" is inherently negative.

Ambition is an attribute of the Slytherin Primary, not the Secondary. Secondaries are based on methods, not motivations, and the methods of a Slytherin Secondary are adaptable. The heart of this secondary is flexibility, resourcefulness, and creativity. They take situations as they see them and react intuitively, willing to change their self-presentation, their language, their methods, and their mode of attack as needed.

While Slytherins are stereotyped as “slimy” or disingenuous, that’s hardly fair. Slytherins are practical and flexible, seeing situations honestly and not imposing their own ideas and behaviors on the external world. They become what they need to be to achieve their goals, because why and what you’re doing are more important than how. How you act doesn’t determine who you are-- only you can do that.

It’s important to note, that that there is a consistent core to a Slytherin secondary. They are not less reliable or more flighty– they are more adaptable, and that has no impact on the integrity of their core or the relationships they form. Long term friends or allies of a Slytherin secondary are likely to know and trust the underlying consistency of the Slytherin secondary, and to rely on their flexibility and support.

We think you're a Slytherin Primary and a Slytherin Secondary.

Slytherin Primaries prioritize their own selves and loved ones first. Slytherins don't feel guilty or selfish about this-- they feel righteous and moral. The most important thing is to look after your own. Abandoning or hurting one of your own is the worst thing you can do.

Slytherin Secondaries adapt. They're flexible and multi-faceted. It doesn't feel disingenuous to them to act differently in different spaces.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Primary: Slytherin
Secondary: Hufflepuff

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Slytherin primary
Hufflepuff secondary

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ravenclaw primary
Ravenclaw secondary

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gryffindor primary
Ravenclaw secondary

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Burned lol
idk it couldn't sort me
You're a complete Hat Stall and you're beautiful. We're sorry we're having a hard time sorting you! You're going to have to do some of the legwork here for us.
Gryffindor Primaries care about their gut morality. They want to do the right thing, and they think part of that answer comes from trusting yourself. They can still be thoughtful, careful, and rational, but they have a strong belief in the value of moral compasses. Some things are just wrong, no matter how many pretty words you use.
Hufflepuff Primaries bond to communities, traditions, or cultures. They prioritize fairness and equality, treating people justly because people are people-- not because they like one person more than others.
Ravenclaws want to do the right thing, but they think the "right thing" ought to come from careful reason, logic, and study, not anything internal. Their external sources might be a teacher, a religion, their own observations and logic, a legal system, or a philosophy, but they avoid making decisions on any "gut" feel-- this doesn't mean that they don't feel things in their gut, just like everyone else! They just try not to make calls based on that feeling.
Slytherin Primaries prioritize their own selves and loved ones first. Slytherins don't feel guilty or selfish about this-- they feel righteous and moral. The most important thing is to look after your own. Abandoning or hurting one of your own is the worst
thing you can do.
Are any of those Houses more appealing to you than others?
You may also want to consider that you could be a "burned" House. A burned Primary still values the ideals and moralities of its unburned counterpart-- they just might not believe that those ideals are achievable or liveable in the real world. Burned Houses are tired and practical--they are realists.
edit: nvm having read the burned houses I don't connect with any of those either
sigh...honestly idk maybe a little of both hufflepuff and gryffindor
there are things I don't connect with in those two as well
hufflepuff literally sounds like a Soc dom EII here
anyways I could be "burned" too but idk didn't connect with the specific burned houses

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
primary: ravenclaw

secondary: slytherin

it also said this for secondary: "Congratulations, you're a Hat Stall! We need to ask you some more questions-- bear with us."

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Primary: Burned Hufflepuff, Secondary: Burned Hufflepuff (possibly modeling Slytherin)

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Slytherin Primary
Ravenclaw Secondary

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Slytherin Primary and Slytherin Secondary

I thought I would have got Gryffindor secondary, usually I get very close results between Slytherin and Gryffindor

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It says that I am a Gryffindor primary with a Ravenclaw secondary. People always seem to think that I am a Ravenclaw.

A Lost Boy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Primary: Slytherin
Secondary: Burned Hufflepluff with Ravenclaw model

Slytherin Primary

While Slytherin has a reputation for being insular and amoral, a Slytherin’s loyalty does not have to be limited to a small group of loved ones. Some Slytherins have “inner circles” so large they look like Hufflepuffs. But it's a big possessive type of love.

To quote Terry Pratchett’s Tiffany Aching: “Then turn selfishness into a weapon! Make all things yours! Make other lives and dreams and hopes yours! Protect them! Save them! Bring them into the sheepfold! Walk the gale for them! Keep away the wolf! My dreams! My brother! My family! My land! My world! How dare you try to take these things, because they are mine!”

A Slytherin can also have no one in their inner circle except for themself. But the idea of prioritizing your self (and, if you have them, your people) is a moral good in its own right-- it’s healthy, honest, and grounded. You can do lots of other things with your life-- be generous, ambitious, contrary, cruel, kind-- but you don’t feel bad about stepping back and taking care of you and yours. There’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, there’s something really right about that.

Hufflepuff secondary

Hufflepuff Secondaries invest themselves into their world with service and support. When things turn out well for a Puff it often comes as a result of those old investments culminating and giving back. Old debts might raise their head in a time of need. Communities the Puff has supported or built might marshal to their aid without even being asked. Their reputation might precede them, allowing them trust or the allowances that they need. They spend the time and do the work-- while a lot of the time that work may be invested in the people around them, it can also be invested in projects, systems, or organizations-- and that work, too may pay back in time of need.

Often overlooked, Hufflepuff Secondaries may be handed secrets, access, or tasks of monumental importance because they have developed a reputation that they can be trusted with them. This reputation is earned through a slow and steady process of hard work.

Not everyone can see the worth of a Hufflepuff Secondary. Less flashy than a Gryffindor, less smooth than a Slytherin, less jack-of-all-trades than a Ravenclaw, their strength is their dedication. Like all Secondaries, this sorting is about what a Hufflepuff wants to do-- not necessarily what they are able to achieve within the constraints of life, circumstance, and health. But a Hufflepuff wants to show up. They want to work well and fairly. They want to achieve things honestly and stand on solid ground.

This is what makes a Hufflepuff: they show up. They do the work, often for no obvious gain except for the satisfaction of a job well done. This is the source of their power, and it is slowly gathered, not obvious to look at, and rarely spent. Where Gryffindors charge and Slytherins transform, the Hufflepuff seems inconsequential and harmless until the moment when they rise up and call on all their debts, secrets, and trust.

The heart of the Hufflepuff Secondary is investment, commitment, diligence, and hard work. They pour labor, time, and love into what they care about and those investments pay themselves back in time. Importantly, Hufflepuffs don’t invest because of that eventual payback, but because investing is a inherently satisfying and rewarding way to live. (If you invest like a Hufflepuff but only when you’re expecting eventual paybacks, consider a Hufflepuff Secondary model.) Being a hard-working Hufflepuff doesn’t mean you’re reliable and committed to everything in your life-- just the ones you value and love best. Maybe that’s people and communities-- a Hufflepuff could be the friend who always shows up to help you move, but maybe they don’t care about schoolwork and are constantly turning things in late or showing up late to class. Maybe your career is where you put your value-- a Hufflepuff invested in their career but not in people might be salty and unfriendly, despite the “nice” Hufflepuff stereotype. At the core of Hufflepuff is this: when stuff matters to you, you show up.

Burned
A Burned Hufflepuff Secondary might want to be reliable, hard-working, and trustworthy, but they feel like they are (or like people think they are) flaky, shaky, or flighty. Doing things steadily and well-- showing up-- is the right way to achieve their goals, but Burned Puffs know that's not going to work within their capabilities. So they take other paths and use other tools-- maybe a Gryffindor's bluntness, a Slytherin's flexibility, or a Ravenclaw's collection of skills and tools.

They can even find joy in these borrowed tools-- but there's a method they value more and wish came easier to their hand. They may feel disingenuous or like they're not living up to their own standards or potential. They might also feel jaded, wise, and practical. The important thing is that the methods they think are "correct" are not the ones they use, but if they were better (or the world was better) then they would.

Ravenclaw Secondary Model

Ravenclaw is the House of data collection, analysis, and study, and Ravenclaws use those values to help them live, act, and succeed. If you model Ravenclaw Secondary, you also value these things and like to live by them. You like to be prepared, skilled, and knowledgeable-- but you wouldn't feel guilty for abandoning those values in the service of other, higher priorities. It would be nice if you could prioritize aquiring skills and experiences, learning, and preparing, but sometimes other things are more important or come more easily to your hand.

If you model Ravenclaw secondary, then you use these tools primarily when you think they will help or when they will be fun, but are less likely to jump to them when another way could be just as effective—- whether that’s confronting your problem head-on, playing things by ear, toiling, or calling on your community.