• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Big Is Your English Vocabulary Size?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it'z dis big bleerrrrrrp

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WF0S6NO.jpg

Wow, a lot of words in here you only see in novels. All those years of reading Wheel of time payed off. XD

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Edited: me feel inadequate. Me no expect everyone having such big vocapiltaries.

*begins chewing rocks and flinging poo in the back yard*

Last edited:

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
a6hxi8i.jpg

To be fair, though, I guessed many of them towards the end. With others, it was a process of elimination.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
20190626_181359.jpg
20190626_181419.jpg

Differences between english and my own language. I feel ignorant c.c

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
so much english her

i has medalz for ther

wayt haws

Kas

Fabula rasa
I am very pleased , from what I remember a few years ago I got much worse result in similar test;)

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4.74%
seeing the results and my own feeling on the test, there's a lot to improve on :)

rav3n

Your English Vocabulary Size is:
★★★ Top 0.13%
High
Low
★★★ Top 0.13%
You are Shakespeare! You can even create new words that will expand the English dictionary.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your English Vocabulary Size is:
★★★ Top 4.83%

Your vocabulary size is equal to that of a 30-year-old successful American businessperson!

I guess that is quite okay given that English is not my native language (started learning it at school in foreign language classes from 5th grade onward, spent a few months in the US as a teenager, then continued studying after graduation - mostly selftaught).

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
View attachment 21449
View attachment 21450

Differences between english and my own language. I feel ignorant c.c

I think I know how you feel. Similar tests were linked on the forum a while ago and the difference can be staggering. I redid the test in my native language (but think the non-english versions are a bit too easy and sometimes problematic translations of the English version):

Your German Vocabulary Size is:
★★★ Top 0.01%

Your German is as good as John Wolfgang von Goethe! You can even create new words that will expand the English dictionary

LOOOL
:D

Deprecator

2tsE8Qd.png

Pretty sure I had a few lucky guesses. Like I had no idea what "salubrious" means but when taking the test I still thought it sounded like a good antonym for baneful.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty sure I had a few lucky guesses. Like I had no idea what "salubrious" means but when taking the test I still thought it sounded like a good antonym for baneful.

I initially misread salubrious as salacious somehow, but I suppose that'd have worked too.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I know how you feel. Similar tests were linked on the forum a while ago and the difference can be staggering. I redid the test in my native language (but think the non-english versions are a bit too easy and sometimes problematic translations of the English version):

Your German Vocabulary Size is:
★★★ Top 0.01%

Your German is as good as John Wolfgang von Goethe! You can even create new words that will expand the English dictionary

LOOOL
:D

Yeah, I feel like the italian version was just a bad translation of it, so it was way easier.
But here we study english since kinderkarten, 1st grade if you're unlucky. Weirdly enough, italians usually aren't that good in english. B2+ level is usually perceived as a hard exam. I've never had problems compared to my peers, took C1 in high school, but it seems like I'm not that good according to that test c.c

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the last test i took guessed 32,900... it requires some self reporting and that you verify yourself... i recall that some i looked up (and was right about) had felt more like guesses, so i left them blank...

Test Your Vocabulary

YN9iXh8.png

post script:

also, isn't the average 20,000-30,000? something about the way this test ranks things seems off...