• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can You Pass A Basic English Test From 1950?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a difference between divide in half and divide by half.

Half = 0,5.

20/0,5= 40.

40 + 30=70.

Am I the only person who has NEVER seen such an expression? 99.9% of time, its dividing it into two. Which is why I assumed it was a trick question.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which is correct, "hanged" or "hung"? I chose hanged.

Hung sounded more correct to me, but following a lot of other patterns with words, -ed seems appropriate. But 9/10 times, exceptions are the result of what original language the word came from, and they conjugate differently. I think this is one of those exceptions English is fond of.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I knew "hanged" was correct because it irritates me to no end lol

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I thought I would be one of the few who "aced" it, so now I kinda wanna say I failed it.

Eye feyled et.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I aced it too. Surprise.

To this, though, I can say that I am an English teacher.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Same.

Well, I'm not a teacher, but I have an English degree and my career has been copy/managing editor -> tech writer -> analyst.