• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shortened Luscher Color Test

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Black
Grey
Violet
Brown
Blue
Green
Red
Yellow

BLACK is the negetion of colour and means 'No'. Anyone who chooses it in the first position(which is rare) is in revolt against their fate. Chosen second, it means you are prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want. It is normally put in seventh or eighth place, representing control of one's destiny and a balanced outlook. If yellow preceeds black in the first two positions, then a change is on the way

Hmm, those colors are so hideous that it was kind of difficult to choose. So I chose the more sober colors. But If I were asked just asked I'd say Green and Brown are my favourite colors.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Black, red, grey, brown, green, violet, blue, yellow. And I don't know why I bothered.

Scary, Jack -- we're in agreement on this one.
(And not the color order.)

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Blue - always my favorite
Violet - I liked this one
Red - great color
Green - odd green
Black - is black
Yellow - meh
Gray - totally neutral about it
Brown - blah!

Weird test, with odd colors and a hideous brown. I found myself assessing these colors, not the colors they represent. Had green been nicer I might have placed it higher. There are nice browns, but I never wear that color (or orange or yellow). But even if the colors were truer, I would always choose blue first and probably brown last. At least I didn't have to put orange in the line-up.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1) Yellow
2) Black
3) Blue
4) Violet
5) Grey
6) Green
7) Red
8) Brown

hmm...

I like the yellow/black combo. Problems don't exist for me? Hardly! But I'm very optimistic. And a change is on the way? Is this some sort of horoscope?

Why does yellow make me feel happy? I don't wear yellow, and I'd never paint my walls yellow. Maybe some yellow trim here and there... weird.

Its not a horoscope because each color inevitably evokes a set of certain emotions from you. Whether or not this is true is easy to test, pay attention to each color for 10 minutes and record the emotional reaction that ensues as a result. Almost certainly, there will be a different reaction after you have examined each color for 10 minutes individually. In other words, looking at color blue for 10 minutes will make you emote differently than looking at a color brown for the same period of time. This would be even more clear in the case of an emotionally volatile or a highly emotionally reactive person.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Grey means lack of focus. Yet black an intense ambition to change your circumstances, which by definition means having focus.
So then certainly it doesn't work all the time.
Something is deeply wrong here.
Yeah, it's the notion that everyone will pick the same color for the same emotions. Or even on the off-chance they would, then the confused idea that anyone's figured out exactly what each color represents for all individuals.

Luscher can go fall in the same well as Freud and Beebe.

They can build up their bullshit theories all day, just as long as it's contained.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Well, this was dumb.
1) Yellow
2) Black
3) Violet
4) Red
5) Brown
6) Gray
7) Blue
8) Green

Shitty colors. Shitty analysis.

Yellow in first place means that you are ambitious and eager to please.
Black Chosen second means you are prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want.
If you put brown in fourth or fifth place, you are not very concerned about your health and body. This means you are probably in good shape.
The later blue appears in the sequence, the more unsatisfied you are and the more you feel the need to break from the ties that restrict you. But you probably aren't unfeeling enough to walk out on a family or job; instead, you will suffer in silence.
If green is a later choice, your ego has been bruised and you have been humbled by the resistance to your progress.

heart

heart on fire
Should we be chosing how much we like the colors as presented on the page or how well we usually like those colors in real life?

Real Life color choices:

1. blue
2. black
3.violet
4. red
5. green (red and green sort of tied really)
6. gray
7. yellow
8.brown

As presented on the screen for that test:

1. Blue
2. Black
3. Violet
4. Grey
5. Red
6. Green
7. Yellow
8. Brown

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I concur. This test was teh lame.

But for interest:

Green
Blue
Yellow
Violet
Red
Black
Brown
Grey

Here are my interpretations for those colours (not the horrible computery ones they chose...real-life hues, I mean).

Green: Green is the colour seen most often in nature, and when a location is balanced and healthy, the plants will be a rich green. Thus, it is not too far-fetched to associate green with good health, safety, and balance.

Blue: Blue appears most in the two seemingly limitless areas of the earth: the sky and the ocean/water. Because of this, blue does indeed connote depth and tranquility, but it is also a colour associated with sadness--perhaps because of a colour temperature relation to this emotional state: blue is a cool colour because water is, generally, cooler than the air and in winter the environment takes on a subdued blue tone; whereas sadness is an emotion that slows down the body and depletes energy, one's blood sometimes runs cold in the face of grief.

Yellow: The colour of the sun and a common colour in wild flowers. Worldwide, it is probably most commonly considered a colour of joy, vibrancy, warmth, and boundless energy. I suppose this might have something to do with our inherent need for sunlight in order to maintain optimal bodily function. It also could stem from an ability to see our surroundings better and, due to the sun's warmth, maintain homeostasis more efficiently.

Violet: It's difficult for me to consider what violet could mean, since, apart from flowers, it isn't all that common of a colour to see. I suppose because of its position in the visual spectrum, it could be considered a highly energetic colour, but not in the same way yellow is considered energetic. Intense energy, focus, maybe. At the same time, depending on the hue, it could be a very delicate colour that connotes refinement.

Red: Yes, red is associated with passion and sex. If only because our blood is red when highly oxygenated. It's the colour of excited blood vessels, which is certain areas can be attractive and/or threatening. Or it can suggest a good-hearted person--the idea of an apple-cheeked man or woman, that stereotype tends to suggest a person who laughs, eats, and exhibits kindness in enormous amounts. So, it is perhaps a colour of plenty.

Black: I'm not sure black is necessarily always negative or means "No". It, like the colour white, can give an impression of a vast, empty space. But from another perspective, it is a colour that relates to something hidden and something unknowable, mysterious. Most likely because darkness is "black" and we cannot see well in darkness. It can also be enveloping...like the darkness of sleep.

Brown: The colour of the earth and wood. Generally because of those two associations, brown could be considered a very stable colour. It's neutral, no nonsense, and relatively impartial. It is also a colour found often in foods that "stick to your ribs" or fill you up (like bread, cooked meats, grains, nuts, roots), so I suppose it could be considered to have a nurturing aspect. (Not to forget, brown is the colour of shit. But I don't know what use shit would be when thinking about this colour...aside from making you shudder a little and go "ugh...".)

Grey: Like brown, grey is a neutral colour, but is not neccarily a stable one in my mind. I suppose because it is like the colour of storm clouds, rain, smoke, and fog. It could then be a colour that seeks to obscure what one perceives. Or something indicative of suppressed turmoil. Or a colour that is completely impratial.

Right. So that's that. Probably just as bad, if not worse, than the ones on that website.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
  1. Yellow
  2. Blue
  3. Green
  4. Brown
  5. Black
  6. Red
  7. Grey
  8. Violet

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
That test's no good. If the green was different I would have chosen it as the favourite.
That green came second last.

I had a problem with that colors as represented as well. I like generally like green, but I dislike yellowish green. The brown was a pretty ugly shade as well.

Reading the results I was a bit annoyed at how there were fairly blatent "good colors" and "bad colors."

I wonder if the orignal test is this bias in it's color description?

Ilah

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Black
Red
Green
Violet
Grey
Blue
Brown
Yellow

The first one cracks me up:

BLACK is the negetion of colour and means 'No'. Anyone who chooses it in the first position(which is rare) is in revolt against their fate. Chosen second, it means you are prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want. It is normally put in seventh or eighth place, representing control of one's destiny and a balanced outlook. If yellow preceeds black in the first two positions, then a change is on the way.

Sounds about right, I am always in revolt against my fate.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) Violet
2) Blue
3) Green
4) Red
5) Gray
6) Yellow
7) Black
8) Brown

Violet
A mixture of red and blue, violet represents a conflict between impulsiveness and calm sensitivity, dominance and submissiveness. The person who prefers violet wants to find a mystical, magical relationship. Both mentally and physically immature, you are stuck in a dream of wishful thinking and fantasy. Often violet appears in the later part of the sequence, it indicates that the person choosing it is more mature and has outgrown the 'fantasy' vision of life, confronting harsh reality head-on.

Blue
BLUE represents calmness and loyalty. A person who favours blue is sensitive and easily hurt. You never panic and are in total control of your life and content with the way it is going. You desire to lead an uncomplicated and worry-free life and are prepared to sacrifice certain goals in order to achieve this. You need a stable relationship without conflict. Perhaps, as a side effect of contentment, you tend to put on weight. The later blue appears in the sequence, the more unsatisfied you are and the more you feel the need to break from the ties that restrict you. But you probably aren't unfeeling enough to walk out on a family or job; instead, you will suffer in silence.

Green
GREEN represents firmness amd resistence to change. In the first place, you are persistent, possessive and quite selfish. You are a high achiever and an accumulator of 'things'-like a penthouse, a BMX, a Rolex, a holiday flat, a compact-disc player. You want to be reconised and need to impress but worry about the prospect of failure. If green is a later choice, your ego has been bruised and you have been humbled by the resistence to your progress. Consequently you can be highly critical, sarcastic and stubborn.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
:wub: Violet
:wub: Blue
:wub: Black
:wub: Red
:wub: Green
:wub: Yellow
:wub: Grey
:wub: Brown

:shock:

Scary how accurately this described me... but so very intriguing :D

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
1.Green
2. violet
3. blue
4. red
5. brown
6. grey
7. brown
8. yellow
9. black
I don't like the green description let me "remix it":
You are persistent, an over achiever and you are a go-getter. You don't want to compromise your goals for anyone and are willing to work hard to achieve them. Your quite self-conscious underneath it all , you want recognition and always aim for the number one spot although a fear of failure sometimes looms above.(Yes my ego has been bruised that was true and I'm extremely competitive true also but HELL no for the selfish part. I made it a point to not people go through what I go through so that part was way off. )

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
1. Grey
2. Blue
3. Violet
4. Red
5. Green
6. Black
7. Brown
8. Yellow

Grey 8: GREY is a neutral and represents a point between two contrasting and motivations. Grey in the first position means that you want to shut yourself off from everything and remain uncommited, so that you can swing with opinion and emotions. You hate joining anything with 'group' connotations and are an observer rather than a doer. Those who choose grey in the eighth position seek to join everything, eager and enthusiastic. Such people will try absolutely everything in their efforts to achieve their goals. - Very true...

Blue 2: BLUE represents calmness and loyalty. A person who favours blue is sensitive and easily hurt. You never panic and are in total control of your life and content with the way it is going. You desire to lead an uncomplicated and worry-free life and are prepared to sacrifice certain goals in order to achieve this. You need a stable relationship without conflict. Perhaps, as a side effect of contentment, you tend to put on weight. The later blue appears in the sequence, the more unsatisfied you are and the more you feel the need to break from the ties that restrict you. But you probably aren't unfeeling enough to walk out on a family or job; instead, you will suffer in silence. - loyalty definitely true, also need for stability

Yellow 8: When yellow is in the later part of the spectrum, you have had your hopes and dreams dashed and you feel isolated and disappointed, often becoming defensive and withdrawn. - Yup!

Green 5: If green is a later choice, your ego has been bruised and you have been humbled by the resistence to your progress. Consequently you can be highly critical, sarcastic and stubborn. - Yup!

Violet 3: Often violet appears in the later part of the sequence, it indicates that the person choosing it is more mature and has outgrown the 'fantasy' vision of life, confronting harsh reality head-on. - haven't outgrown fantasy!

Brown 7: If brown is in eighth place, you don't care enough for your body:you may not be as healthy as you think. Placing brown early also indicates the importance of a secure environment: refugees often pick brown first. - True!

Black 6: BLACK is the negetion of colour and means 'No'. Anyone who chooses it in the first position(which is rare) is in revolt against their fate. Chosen second, it means you are prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want. It is normally put in seventh or eighth place, representing control of one's destiny and a balanced outlook. If yellow preceeds black in the first two positions, then a change is on the way. - true, although slightly higher than normal in 6th place

MBTI Type
ENTP
1.Black
2.Violet
3.Red
4.Blue
5.Grey
6.Brown
7.Yellow
8.Green

1. Apparently I'm in revolt against my fate
2. I am stuck in a dream of wishful thinking and fantasy
3. somewhat(?) "impulsive, sexy and have a will to win"
4. unsatisfied with the ties that restrict me
5. somewhere between neutral and enthusiastic
6. not terribly concerned with my health, but not oblivious
7. my hopes and dreams have been dashed and I feel isolated and disappointed
8. my ego has been bruised and I've been humbled by the resistance to my progress. Consequently, I can be sarcastic, critical and stubborn.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
1. Green
2. Grey
3. Violet
4. Brown
5. Blue
6. Red
7. Black
8. Yellow

It should probably be noted that yellow is one of my least favourite colours, and the really ugly shade of “brown” that they used may have negatively affected its ranking.

dyspraxion

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
4w5
Those colors were ugly. Especially the brown.

1) Black
2) Violet
3) Grey
4) Blue
5) Red
6) Green
7) Yellow
8) Brown

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Grey
Black
Blue
Violet
Brown
Red
Green
Yellow

Top choice...

GREY is a neutral and represents a point between two contrasting and motivations. Grey in the first position means that you want to shut yourself off from everything and remain uncommitted, so that you can swing with opinion and emotions. You hate joining anything with 'group' connotations and are an observer rather than a doer. Those who choose grey in the eighth position seek to join everything, eager and enthusiastic. Such people will try absolutely everything in their efforts to achieve their goals.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Violet: A mixture of red and blue, violet represents a conflict between impulsiveness and calm sensitivity, dominance and submissiveness. The person who prefers violet wants to find a mystical, magical relationship. Both mentally and physically immature, you are stuck in a dream of wishful thinking and fantasy. Often violet appears in the later part of the sequence, it indicates that the person choosing it is more mature and has outgrown the 'fantasy' vision of life, confronting harsh reality head-on.

2. Blue: Blue represents calmness and loyalty. A person who favours blue is sensitive and easily hurt. You never panic and are in total control of your life and content with the way it is going. You desire to lead an uncomplicated and worry-free life and are prepared to sacrifice certain goals in order to achieve this. You need a stable relationship without conflict. Perhaps, as a side effect of contentment, you tend to put on weight. The later blue appears in the sequence, the more unsatisfied you are and the more you feel the need to break from the ties that restrict you. But you probably aren't unfeeling enough to walk out on a family or job; instead, you will suffer in silence.

3. Yellow: Yellow represents happiness and relaxation. Anyone who chooses yellow in second, third or fourth place is positive, optimistic person who always looks to the future - never backwards. You find life easy, and problems simply do not exist for you. Free from worry, you lead a carefree life; but this does not mean that you are lazy. You can be extremely hard-working, although not consistently. Yellow in first place means that you are ambitious and eager to please. When yellow is in the later part of the spectrum, you have had your hopes and dreams dashed and you feel isolated and disappointed, often becoming defensive and withdrawn.

4. Red: Red represents passion and energy. Red in the first position means you are impulsive, sexy and have a will to win. You are a good leader. You want to expend your horizons and live a life to the full. Red in the seventh or eighth position means your desire for life and thirst for adventure have become less.

5. Green: Green represents firmness and resistance to change. In the first place, you are persistent, possessive and quite selfish. You are a high achiever and an accumulator of 'things'-like a penthouse, a BMX, a Rolex, a holiday flat, a compact-disc player. You want to be reconised and need to impress but worry about the prospect of failure. If green is a later choice, your ego has been bruised and you have been humbled by the resistance to your progress. Consequently you can be highly critical, sarcastic and stubborn.

6. Brown: Brown is the colour of physical well-being and is an indicator of how healthy you think you are. If you put brown in fourth or fifth place, you are not very concerned about your health and body. This means you are probably in good shape. Those worried about illness tend to put brown earlier in the sequence. If you choose brown as your favourite colour, you are restless and insecure. If brown is in eighth place, you don't care enough for your body:you may not be as healthy as you think. Placing brown early also indicates the importance of a secure environment: refugees often pick brown first.

7. Grey: Grey is a neutral and represents a point between two contrasting and motivations. Grey in the first position means that you want to shut yourself off from everything and remain uncommitted, so that you can swing with opinion and emotions. You hate joining anything with 'group' connotations and are an observer rather than a doer. Those who choose grey in the eighth position seek to join everything, eager and enthusiastic. Such people will try absolutely everything in their efforts to achieve their goals.

8. Black: Black is the negetion of colour and means 'No'. Anyone who chooses it in the first position(which is rare) is in revolt against their fate. Chosen second, it means you are prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want. It is normally put in seventh or eighth place, representing control of one's destiny and a balanced outlook. If yellow preceeds black in the first two positions, then a change is on the way.