• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shortened Luscher Color Test

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It is well known that colors evoke certain emotions in people. A consistent display of one particular emotion is indicative of a deeper quality in the person. For example, a person who consistently displays anxiety is likely an anxious person at the core.

The luscher color test associates certain emotions with the colors present within the test. Those of us who do have a solid internal core will likely pick the same colors consistently (with a few minor variations), those of us who do not will only pick some colors consistently, perhaps the patterns of colors they will elect consistently will indicate a lack of a consistent self.

In short, this test purports to evince our internal consitution as well as emotions we tend to gravitate towards most at the current period of time.

For all those interested, post your results here and we may discuss them accordingly.

Personality Online - Online personality, relationship and apptitude tests, find out who you are today!

My pattern.

1)Blue
2)Black
3)Yellow
4)Red
5)Grey
6)Brown
7)Violet
8)Green

In my case, the primary blue indicates a very general and a consistent attitude of calm and internal stability. Black, constant drive for competence, unwillingness to become complacent. Yellow in the third position suggests a general laid back attitude (as is common for ITPs to lack motivation), yet because it is not first or second the attitude is not pronounced enough to indicate a general lack of motivation.

Red in the fourth position suggests a moderate level of energy. Grey is a color of neutrality, because it is in fifth position it corresponds well with Red being in 4th as because it is in the middle of the table, it suggests an attitude of partial reticence.

Brown in the 6th slot suggests a notable level of security, though because it is not in the last position, it is clearly the case that relaxation is not pronounced to the fullest extent. Brown is the antithesis of yellow. Thus it is fitting that yellow is third from top and brown is third from the bottom.

Violet in the close to last position suggests a sober approach to life as is common for a dom T.

Green in the last position suggests a lack of envy for others as well as lack of worldly ambition, this corresponds well with characteristics associated with a firm Introverted Thinking mindset. (Specifically there is no reason to envy others because they cannot have what the Introverted Thinker wants and what he wants primarily is a satisfactory result by internal impersonal standards. Moreover, such an intensely internally and impersonally focused attitude is by definition averse to comparison to others).

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
1. red
2. violet
3. green
4. brown
5. black
6. grey
7. blue
8. yellow

RED represents passion and energy. Red in the first position means you are impulsive, sexy and have a will to win. You are a good leader. You want to expend your horizons and live a life to the full.
VIOLET A mixture of red and blue, violet represents a conflict between impulsiveness and calm sensitivity, dominance and submissiveness. The person who prefers violet wants to find a mystical, magical relationship.
BROWN If you put brown in fourth or fifth place, you are not very concerned about your health and body. This means you are probably in good shape.
BLUE The later blue appears in the sequence, the more unsatisfied you are and the more you feel the need to break from the ties that restrict you.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I chose blue first also.
This is what it said.
"BLUE represents calmness and loyalty. A person who favours blue is sensitive and easily hurt. You never panic and are in total control of your life and content with the way it is going. You desire to lead an uncomplicated and worry-free life and are prepared to sacrifice certain goals in order to achieve this. You need a stable relationship without conflict. Perhaps, as a side effect of contentment, you tend to put on weight."

It's not accurate about me.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I chose blue first also.
This is what it said.
"BLUE represents calmness and loyalty. A person who favours blue is sensitive and easily hurt. You never panic and are in total control of your life and content with the way it is going. You desire to lead an uncomplicated and worry-free life and are prepared to sacrifice certain goals in order to achieve this. You need a stable relationship without conflict. Perhaps, as a side effect of contentment, you tend to put on weight."

It's not accurate about me.

Would you like to post your entire pattern?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Why would I do that?
You chose blue first also.
Are you sensitive and get your feelings hurt easily?
How are you getting different results than what show up on the website?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It covers more than your first choice, if you read the color descriptions.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Black, red, grey, brown, green, violet, blue, yellow. And I don't know why I bothered.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Is there a test that isn't shortened that you think is good, bluewing

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would I do that?
You chose blue first also.
Are you sensitive and get your feelings hurt easily?
How are you getting different results than what show up on the website?

Keep in mind the writer of those profiles wasnt a logician. That statement about sensitivity made no sense. The general point behind 'blue' was calmness. Calm people are not easily hurt or disturbed by circumstances, as that is contrary to the very definition of calm.

So the point behind blue is simply calmness.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hum.

1. Gray
2. Blue
3. Brown
4. Red
5. Black
6. Yellow
7. Violet
8. Green

Apparently:

GREY is a neutral and represents a point between two contrasting and motivations. Grey in the first position means that you want to shut yourself off from everything and remain uncommited, so that you can swing with opinion and emotions. You hate joining anything with 'group' connotations and are an observer rather than a doer. Those who choose grey in the eighth position seek to join everything, eager and enthusiastic. Such people will try absolutely everything in their efforts to achieve their goals.

No. Just no.

Then again, I've always considered the 32-bit colors absolutely hideous, so gray was the option most pleasing to the eye in this case.

Negative_

1. grey
2. black
3. blue
4. brown
5. violet
6. yellow
7. red
8. green

GREY is a neutral and represents a point between two contrasting and motivations. Grey in the first position means that you want to shut yourself off from everything and remain uncommited, so that you can swing with opinion and emotions. You hate joining anything with 'group' connotations and are an observer rather than a doer.

BLACK, chosen second, it means you are prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want.

If you put BROWN in fourth or fifth place, you are not very concerned about your health and body. This means you are probably in good shape.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It covers more than your first choice, if you read the color descriptions.
I know but what I copied and pasted applied to people who chose blue in the first position or close to it.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. grey
2. black.

Something is deeply wrong here.

Grey means lack of focus. Yet black an intense ambition to change your circumstances, which by definition means having focus.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
That test's no good. If the green was different I would have chosen it as the favourite.
That green came second last.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
BlueWing said:
at the current period of time.

Goddammit, can't you just say "now"?

/gripe

LucrativeSid

Green
Black
Blue
Red
Yellow
Grey
Violet
Brown

The color green reminds me of inquisitiveness, playfulness, creativity. It's also my favorite color. I chose that first, and basically nothing about the description of green fits me.

GREEN represents firmness amd resistence to change. Wrong, I'm extremely open and love change. By the way, two words in that sentence are spelled wrong! In the first place, you are persistent, possessive and quite selfish. No for all three. You are a high achiever and an accumulator of 'things'-like a penthouse, a BMX, a Rolex, a holiday flat, a compact-disc player. I am guilty of owning a compact-disc player! I knew I was materialistic. You want to be reconised and need to impress but worry about the prospect of failure. This is more true than anything, but there's a misspelled word in that sentence, too. If green is a later choice, your ego has been bruised and you have been humbled by the resistence to your progress. Spelling error. Consequently you can be highly critical, sarcastic and stubborn.Holy shit! That CAN'T be right!

P.S. Brown is the ugliest color in the world.

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ
1. blue
2. red
3. black
4. violet
5. gray
6. green
7. yellow
8. brown

BLUE represents calmness and loyalty. A person who favors blue is sensitive and easily hurt. You never panic and are in total control of your life and are content with the way it is going. You desire to lead an uncomplicated and worry-free life and are prepared to sacrifice certain goals in order to achieve this. You [want] a stable relationship without conflict.

RED represents passion and energy. Red in the first position means you are impulsive, sexy and have a will to win. You [fancy yourself] a good leader. You want to expand your horizons and live a life to the full.

BLACK is the negation of colour and means 'No'. Anyone who chooses it in the first position(which is rare) is in revolt against their fate. Chosen second, it means you are prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want. It is normally put in seventh or eighth place, representing control of one's destiny and a balanced outlook. If yellow precedes black in the first two positions, then a change is on the way.

Comment: I'm rather confused and conflicted over my fate.

VIOLET A mixture of red and blue, violet represents a conflict between impulsiveness and calm sensitivity, dominance and submissiveness. The person who prefers violet wants to find a mystical, magical relationship. Both mentally and physically immature, you are stuck in a dream of wishful thinking and fantasy. Often violet appears in the later part of the sequence, it indicates that the person choosing it is more mature and has outgrown the 'fantasy' vision of life, confronting harsh reality head-on.

Comment: See what I mean?

GREY is a neutral and represents a point between two contrasting and motivations. Grey in the first position means that you want to shut yourself off from everything and remain uncommited, so that you can swing with opinion and emotions. You hate joining anything with 'group' connotations and are an observer rather than a doer. Those who choose grey in the eighth position seek to join everything, eager and enthusiastic. Such people will try absolutely everything in their efforts to achieve their goals.

Comment: My gray days are behind me.

GREEN represents firmness and resistance to change. In the first place, you are persistent, possessive and quite selfish. You are a high achiever and an accumulator of 'things'-like a penthouse, a BMX, a Rolex, a holiday flat, a compact-disc player. You want to be recognised and need to impress but worry about the prospect of failure. If green is a later choice, your ego has been bruised and you have been humbled by the resistance to your progress. Consequently you can be highly critical, sarcastic and stubborn.

Comment: No. Except for this comment. I can be stubborn and sarcastic in this comment.

YELLOW represents happiness and relaxation. Anyone who chooses yellow in second, third or fourth place is positive, optimistic person who always looks to the future - never backwards. You find life easy, and problems simply do not exist for you. Free from worry, you lead a carefree life; but this does not mean that you are lazy. You can be extremely hard-working, although not consistently. Yellow in first place means that you are ambitious and eager to please. When yellow is in the later part of the spectrum, you have had your hopes and dreams dashed and you feel isolated and disappointed, often becoming defensive and withdrawn.

Comment: No, it actually took me until now to find my hopes and dreams.

BROWN is the color of physical well-being and is an indicator of how healthy you think you are. If you put brown in fourth or fifth place, you are not very concerned about your health and body. This means you are probably in good shape. Those worried about illness tend to put brown earlier in the sequence. If you choose brown as your favorite color, you are restless and insecure. If brown is in eighth place, you don't care enough for your body:you may not be as healthy as you think. Placing brown early also indicates the importance of a secure environment: refugees often pick brown first.

P.S. Brown is the ugliest color in the world.

I concur.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found the results very inaccurate.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
1) Yellow
2) Black
3) Blue
4) Violet
5) Grey
6) Green
7) Red
8) Brown

hmm...

I like the yellow/black combo. Problems don't exist for me? Hardly! But I'm very optimistic. And a change is on the way? Is this some sort of horoscope?

Why does yellow make me feel happy? I don't wear yellow, and I'd never paint my walls yellow. Maybe some yellow trim here and there... weird.