• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Am I an ISFJ or ISTJ?

The Human

When I first took the test, I got ENTJ but I never got to analyze it, I just took as fun. Then I started taking it seriously, and found out that even though I may share some ENTJ's characteristics, I'm still far away of being one. I read all the descriptions in the 16personalities web page which in my opinion the test is to bias, but found myself to connect with the ISFJ by reading its descriptions and mostly its strenghts and weakenesses. Then I started to investigate more, and learn of the cognitive functions and started seeing them, at first I did not understand them very well since their explanations were to vague. I still have problem defining a concrete example of these. I also saw youtube video from a guy called Type Tips which shows some photographs of the different mbti types based on socionics taken by a Russian Psychologist called Filatova. My smile related the most to ISFp (SOCIONICS)/ISFJ(MBTI), but problem is my smirk isn´t that large, is a bit shorter. To make it simple: I usually don't like to take a forced direct picture, cause you either have to smile or be serious, so I rather smile to feel comfortable with myself. I prefer indirect photos that catch a real and not make-up event. My natural smile is closed, (I dont like to show my teeth) a small smirk and usually one side bit larger than the other. I could define it as happy and comfortable smile. Also tranquil eyes looking directly to the camera. Thing is when I was little I was so distracted that I did not even look at the camera but then started to learn to look at it when being taken a picture. My second relation to the Socionics smiles was the ISTJ but their smirk is littler than mine.

Things about me that may help you determine my type?

I like to write. I am not a professional writer as in I need to write better to consider myself an author. My stories are always inspired on something or sometimes it comes out of my mind. My stories are mostly non-fiction and I never apply feelings to it, it is more practical and sometimes I add a joke to it during the narration or dialogue between characters. I mostly narrate than make speech between the characters, as if telling an anecdote. Close relatives have said my stories are good, and to even prove it, I was ask in school to write a fanfiction and the best two students would win. Of course, the vote was from the teacher itself and maybe I was against rookies. I really want it the prize, and I got it. The teacher told me he likes the way I narrate. Writing comes easy to me, ideas. Once I start writing, ideas start coming in, sometimes I might get stuck.

I have great grammar, and often correct my friend's spelling mistakes.
I have great short-term memory for numbers (total payment, percentage in a test, etc.) but after two or three days I will forget it since it wasn't important.
I can remember non important details in an event, mostly speech (someone said something but it wasn't that important) of course, I do not remember the exact words bu t know what it was about.
I am passive agressive, and my moral alignment is neutral good.
A friend once said that a thing she likes about me is that I am nice to everyone (as long as you don't hurt me physically is ok or deeply, it's ok). I like martial arts and like fighting but not in means of violence, so yeah, I hate bullies and always find peace before fight in a conflict. Fighting is just to practice and improve upon my martial arts skills which are really low.
People such as bullies, law and rule brekers, rebels, immature people who don't care about their school grades, I usually think of them as stupid.
If I was to have a friend who suddenly tries to do something I am against with adn then gets in trouble, I won´t defend him since it will be breaking a value important to me. I have my own set of values and follow the rules and like to take a few or absolutely no risks; if I do the opposite, I feel uncomfortable.
With close relationships, especially friends and family(father, brothers sister, not including uncles, grandpas, etc.): I tend to listen but I am also eager to talk as in to share my opinion. I talk a lot since I extent myself too much or repeat words (I do not get to the point) (do not assume I may be an extrovert since I talk too much, I also listen since this helps me learn from people). With my close friends, I like to be funny and prank a little, without hurting phisically, not to molest my friends is just a way to entertain myself and show some happiness to them. I mean, I listen and formulate my thoughts and then speak when is my turn but since I don´t get to the point, my speech is too long. Also when speaking new ideas come in so I speak even more. Honestly I like to talk longer rather than be assertive and to the point. I must avoid repeating words or sentences as I just did above. I express my opinion and though on a certain topic easily among closed friends, in public I rather say something short and non important or say nothing. I value my closed friends and family. I feel hurted emotionally when being insulted, but I don't cry unless I feel guilty for myself or if I get hurt physically (realy hurt). I can sometimes being stubborn on trying to be right and defending a point of view. Once, I am proved with great logical argument and concrete evidence that I am wrong, I accept it and say sorry. I usually say sorry for everything when doing something wrong (of course when I know I was wrong). Another thing about me is that wnen in a conflict and argument, I interrupt when someone makes a bad assertion of me since I think it is unncessary since not being real and hate hearing things that are not real, but it is also my fault, and I must let the person finish. I am a patient and impatient person (depends on the situation and how many times it has happened and with whom).

Other things about me: I like reading comics, and friends (I called some of them friends since I had a relationship with them before, but I do not talk them as usually as with my closed friends which are more important although family comes first, as long as they treat me good which as far as today, nothing uncomfotable has happended) in school regognize and say my name when I see them (maybe its because I was nice to them, and they appreciate it that). When a person is being hurted emotionally and mostly physically, I tend to feel uncomfortable and go to help that person and give him specific concrete advice as if to say "You must defend yourself, or you'll get hit harder". I help a person when he/she really needs it for example: The person drops something and it is out of reach, I pick it up and give to him. Someone forgot something, I keep it with me and give it until I see him/her. But for example, a person trying to fix a car but she is struggling, I won't be the type of person that asks "Do you need help? Can I help you?, I simply don´t help and ignore because I believe you need to learn to solve things by yourself and become independent. When friends ask me for advice which is rare, I give them advice based on past experience and what I think is the right thing to do, but honestly I prefer that people get me away from their personal conflicts (there is a reason why psycologists exist, and I am not one of them).

I like chess, xiangqui, shogi, and basicaly strategy games that require a lot of use in the intellect. I hate strategy games that require economy and army maangement, I prefer implementing ideas meaning tactics and strategy. A perfect game of strategy would be one that requires the use of many weapons and the manipulation of the battlefield.

When thinking, I hate being sitted down all the time so I get up and start moving around (in my house of course, outside I would be seeing weird), this mode of thinking energizes me and helps me think faster and ideas come easily. When I am interacting with my friends I dont think a lot, but when I am alone I tend to think a lot.

I make up imaginary conversations set in the future about a certain topic with closed friends (not all) or family (not all) but usually dont happen. Sometimes I make this but in a past setting that already happened in real life but a few things were missed to say during that moment and day.

I am not good nor so bad at future forecast, it simply isn't in my nature, but when I do make a future forecast, it is based on past experiences or things I have seen before.

Some friends say I am weird and unpredictable.

Maybe I am just not good socialzing.
I have great grades, honestly school is easy if you really want to learn and care about your future.

I use facebook rarely, mostly whatsapp which has an importan use. I have facebook since two , three, four, five years ago and have not posted a single thing. The only thing in my profile, is my profile picture (my first one and I have not change it) and very very few persons celebrating my birthday and me replying "thanks". I do not use Instagram, Snapchat or any other useless and boring social media. Twitter is not boring and useless but I do not like it, so I do not have it.

One last thing to say is that ISFJ are easygoing, and I tend to be easygoing.
When I am interested in a topic (very interested), I investigate a lot and stay addicted for a long time (could be months or even a year).
I proscrastinate too much and usually do my homework late, since organizing a schedule for me is complicated since I have a hard time following it.

I think this all I have to say:

So, what do you think my MBTI is ISFJ or ISTJ?

If you think I am another type besides the options I am providing you, feel free to type in.
If you think I miss something, tell me please.

It would be an honor if you could justify your answer, and please stay abscent from biased interpretations and myths about types.

Sorry for the long text but I really want to know my type.

Thank you for your answers. Have a nice day (If I was to talk in person I would smile here but I only use emojis with closed friends) and end all my conversations in a period and NO, I AM NOT ANGRY. So if I say OK. it means Ok without the period.

Again sorry for the long text and thank you for your answers especially those that were justitfied with concrete logical examples and evidence.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
How old are you?

The strategy thing I see as more Ti because strategy tends to require more knowledge of basic rules rather than specifics, assuming I read you correctly. ISTJs tend to have a clearer way of speaking, in general, so the strategy thing may not even be fully applicable. I don't think I've seen an ISTJ type like this.

You look at your strengths, in that case, and then see what you're good at in a strategy game. Are you good at thinking of different ways of doing things (Ne)? Are you great at lookinjg at things on the ground and implementing them in response (Te)? Do you prefer the sensory and situational aspect that gives you an adrenaline rush (Se)? Do you enjoy it when you apply basic principles (Ti)?

A lot of what you've typed is relatable but I feel like we could be from the same country and thus value the same things. You type like I did as a teenager.

If you prefer to use Fe, over any thinking function, then you're probably ISFJ. *sage voice* The Si is strong in this one.

Oh heck. I'm the same way with social media. If you're not a teenager, I would probably like to befriend you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds pretty ISTJ to me

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you first tested as ENTJ, then I'd venture that ISTJ is more likely than ISFJ. The things you said about yourself also suggest this.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm getting a strong lean to ISTJ. I see patterns of Fi independence and Te practicality.