• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] ISFJ or ENFP?

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even though you said you are a strong Ne user, you gave me an impression of an INFJ. Of course I don't know you at all, it was just the first impression.

The second paragrapher seemed like an N type to me.
The third and fourth ones gave me a sense of introversion and the Fe "extrovert" side of some INFJs. When you say you like to stay at home but wouldn't miss your friend's parties, love talking to people etc, just seem life an Fe working in a INFJ.
Then in the fifth paragrapher you gave me a notion that maybe you are in a Ni-Ti loop, which is why you behave the way you described. If you already read about loops, then certainly you know what I'm talking about.

Ni and Ne are very tricky and hard to understand. And if you have a really strong N you may struggle a bit to discern which one (Ni or Ne) you actually prefer.
Also, ISFJs have Ne as their fourth function. It is there, but it doesn't play a huge role and usually doesn't develop much until mid life.
But if your doubts really lie between ISFJs and ENFPs, I think you way more of an ENFP.

Penniless Abe

I wasn't sure what was most important to mention, and expected I need to post more. To be honest, hadn't even considered Ni before...I'll think about the future all the time, but it's more for ideal fun. What could happen, all the things that could happen. There's so many possibilities that I'd rather deal with the next few days and weeks, and let what happens happen.

What made me assume Ne is, as a kid, I used to pretend to be everything I could think of...for example, playing every role of a courtroom when I was alone or sitting on my sisters wrapped in sheets and telling them to "Hatch, my babies!" Tend to be all over the place in my thoughts and during imaginary conversations, tend to argue with myself and will often develop my beliefs off of it. It could be Fi, but to come to my conclusions I am arguing with someone else--even if that person isn't real.

More Fi vs. Fe. I believe many morals, to some degree, were made up by society to keep it running smoothly. I wish people were free to whatever they wanted and I hate being told what to do, but I realize there are crazies out there that need rules. I tend to believe rules are meant to bent or broken. Basically, I haven't decided what I think about them yet, and hold some contradictory views on it. Mostly, I don't understand how many people lack reason/logic and don't think about why a rule exists or whether or not it's time to abandon it. When it comes to myself, I know instantly if I'm doing right or wrong.

*Quick edit, because the last sentence in paragraph 4 suggest I always want to go to a friend's over staying home.* It's actually a fight to decide if I want to go to a party, as I'd prefer not to do anything, but I'm worried I might miss something out of it. Birthdays and BBQs come around all the time, so it'll depend on the day, but fireworks on the Fourth of July I won't miss. Right now, it feels like I'm being suffocated by a friend, as he constantly wants to message me and is worried I don't like him when I don't answer right away.