• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What Type of Learner are You: Visual, Auditory, or Kinesthetic? (All Types Welcome!)

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was thinking there might actually be a trend here-like extroverted sensors more likely to be kinesthetic or something?

So, to kick it off- I'm an INFJ and I''m an auditory learner. :wink:

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can be both auditory and visual learner, it really depends on what I'm learning.

ChocTiramisu

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Hope I'm replying correctly. I am an ENFJ and I am definitely Visual. If I"m not writing it down, I'm not getting it. (not auditory at all)
I was thinking there might actually be a trend here-like extroverted sensors more likely to be kinesthetic or something?

So, to kick it off- I'm an INFJ and I''m an auditory learner. :wink:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP assuming
forget the exact title but I am a book learner.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Verbal/kinesthetic...

But really Im not sure which... I dont feel I learn exactly from either method- more just... I guess kinesthetic in a way because... Im grabbing at thought and even though thats not a tangible thing its fairly active. The other two types feel so... passive. And I dont learn unless I figure things out for myself generally. Thinking it through.

I don tknow. I dont know a lot about this theoriss- the different descriptions... I do know Im an AWFUL listener so auditorys a big no. The other two...

I usually suck at kinesthetic learning when it comes to using my whole physical body, but I do pretty well when it's just hands-on. However, I have become a little more grounded in my physical body over the years through keeping a consistent exercise practice, as I've always felt out of place and awkward when I was younger. But in general, I'd say I've always been more of a visual learner over anything else.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Visual > Hands On > all else. Watching how it's done rather than reading how it's done. I'd rather tinker with something myself than bother with reading instructions I get bored with. Or I would listen to a video showing how to do something. - I can't learn any other way so easily

I wasn't sure so I took a test. What's Your Learning Style? 20 Questions

Auditory: 20%
Visual: 50%
Tactile: 30%
You are a Visual learner!

ChocTiramisu

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
I'm ENFJ and 100 percent Visual. I need to write things down to comprehend. Wish I was auditory--that would be helpful.

Metis

I'm like 100% kinesthetic if I'm really going to learn something. It's not that I'm a great dancer or amazing natural athlete or anything like that. If I want to feel like something's in my bones, I need to experience the fuck out of it. Otherwise it's just random "facts" that might not even be true.

Also, I have little trust for over-systematizing abstract ideas, such as MBTI. It's useful stuff, but if you get too theoretical and systematic about it, you can get lost in a system of thought that doesn't hold up to reality.

And make a lot of bad decisions based on it. :evilgenius:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Primarily linguistic/musical/intrapersonal.

Metis

I'm ENFJ and 100 percent Visual. I need to write things down to comprehend. Wish I was auditory--that would be helpful.

That's why you asked viewers to start taking notes on your INFJ video. I was like, "yeah right!" LMAO
I thought your ENFJ video was interesting, though.

MyMindNeedsSedation

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm mainly an auditory learner. Depending of the topic, I may prefer visual. I don't take notes unless it's details because I rather focus on taking in all the information, so I don't have to study much later. I don't like using my body for much, but I know in some situations kinesthetic is the best way to learn.

Krys

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Visual predominantly. Although sometimes I have to actually do the thing (and then do it again, and again...etc) before the information sticks.

á´…eparted

passages
I'm a conceptual learner.

I will use any means that are available to achieve that end. Sometimes it's visual examples, sometimes it's auditory examples, sometimes it's physical examples. I'd say most often I am an auditory learner though. Going to lecture/class was essential for my learning and it's where I garnered the most. First and foremost though I learn by making some sort of concept map (not a literal map) in my head.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I never really related to any of the three types to be honest. Always had trouble choosing when the question came up. I guess a mixture of visual and kinesthetic.

I dont think Im an Ni type but sometimes... usually... when I am learning something complicated... I can learn all around it but there is usually some missing piece that keeps me from completely understanding whats behind what Im learning that eventually just hits me and all of the sudden... I understand like... like and everything connected and just all fits together and its amazing. And thats how I learn.

I also find I have a really hard time learning things that I dont care about or dont... cant find a way to care about. Its like- theres nothing for me to connect to- to really WANT to naturally explore. Or even. Just nothing for me to start from and grasp onto and connect to and use that connection to connect to the parts where I dont understand. Its hard for me when theres NOTHING there.

So i dont really know WHAT kind of learner I am. Except I would kinda suspect kinesthetic. Just because... I need to learn things on my own in my own way- and actually... develop my own system for understanding what Im learning that can involve practice sometimes. But Im not sure if that is exactly what kinesthetic means.

Im definitely definitely not auditory.

Oh oops i already answered this

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Visual. Certainly anything but auditory, though. Oh boy.

Bullseye

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1W2
INFJ. Visual and kinesthetic. I tend to model in a visual sense , practice in a visual and kinesthetic manner (visual imagery and mental practice), and I prefer feedback that is mostly visual.