• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] What MBTI type usually tend to overreact?

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't know if it's just my manic behavior or not, but i tend to overreact stuffs? Do you experience this as well???!!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I think the obvious/stereotypical answer would be inferior Ne; ISxJ.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think my function list for sure is Ne, Te, Si, Fi, which makes me either xSTJ or xNFP

I overreact to so many things. XD I am very sensitive and over-emotional so I think that plays a part.

Metis

I don't know if it's just my manic behavior or not, but i tend to overreact stuffs? Do you experience this as well???!!

People overreact in their own ways. ENTP can overreact by getting obsessive on a kick with some bizarre idea and falling down the proverbial rabbit hole chasing it like a maniac. I've seen plenty of that. INFP I've seen overreact by playing the martyr. There are other ways an INFP could overreact, too. ENFPs I've seen overreact by getting totally irrational and denying facts, accusing you of doing exactly what they're doing, projecting it, although you're not doing it at all. ISFJ I've seen overreact by getting all flustered that their kids are making noise when there's a guest in the house (because they're embarrassed that their kids aren't being perfectly prim, proper and polite for the sake of guests) or because their laundry is on the furniture, in the process of being folded, and they're afraid of looking sloppy. ENTJs sometimes jump the gun and assume that if you take a moment to think about something, you need your decision to be made for you, so they can start panicking and getting domineering. Which, depending on the other person, might result in a less efficient outcome, because the other person's trying to fucking think and the ENTJ's trying to short-circuit it, and then the ENTJ thinks the other person's passive-aggressively dragging their feet and gets even worse, while the other person is unwilling to give the decision to the ENTJ to make and now has to try to shut that shit out while thinking about it for themselves (either that, or gets into an argument with the ENTJ and the decision never gets made because you scrap the collaboration altogether, each realizing that the other person is an idiot). INTP: Well, I know I overreact by overthinking things, and it's definitely a problem when I'm trying to accomplish something.
Etc. Anyone can over-react.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
God my enfp ex reacted like Gollum to a lot of simple shit. He didn't have an anxiety disorder, so it was literally just him being him.

........ ... found an Si dom single dude, a bit far but it's so goddamn rare it's like. Hmmmmmmmm mm mm m TEmpting

Jetta

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
In my experience, I would say ISFJ. I don't get along well with unhealthy suspected ISFJs.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hard to say as this goes beyond Myers Briggs and other such typing systems and more about the individual and their life occurrences + experiences that may shape their emotional responses to certain things. If it's worth anything, every MBTI type has an inferior function and once that comes out in the worst way, they each have a unique way of overreacting to stuff.

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
In my experience, I find that ESFPs tend to be hysterical. But they're not as easy to provoke as ESFJs.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I think that folks of all types can overreact, depending on the situation. That being said, it's the ESFPs in my life who explode the most, and sometimes over the most seemingly insignificant stuff. They usually erupt, cool off, and apologize later, but it'd be better if they never blew up in the first place.

But that's a smallish aspect of an otherwise fantastic personality type.

What's overreacting? There are obvious answers and then there are subtler ones. Many T's probably consider many F's to overreact when to the F it's closer to this. Overreacting? When I flip, you'll definitely know. Also type might determine not just the intensity of a reaction but also what scenarios trigger the perceived overreaction. Finally, as always, individual reactions vary due to life experiences and personal stress factors on a physiological level.

Personally, I'm shocked no one has said INFPs yet. Because we're emotional firecrackers. Apparently.