• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] What's Your Best Friend's MBTI Type?

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
High school best friend we've been through most: ENTJ
Friend I most enjoy spending time with, and who rechargest my batteries: Another ENTJ
Friend who insists most on hanging out with me and is the most persistent: ESTJ
Online friend I have best understanding with: INTJ

Overall though, I have friends across types. Plenty ENFPs.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My absolute closest friend is INTP. I posted about our friendship dynamic in another thread about INTP females, back in 2009. The sentiments within that post still stand now, 8 years later.

I also have a longstanding friendship from childhood (borne of proximity - I moved into the house across the street from her; I'm uncertain we would have ever crossed paths, otherwise), who is ESFP. She gets me out of my head/flips on the silly switch, & I walk her into weird abstract conversations, that, according to her - she doesn't usually have with other people. We have a sibling-like bond. She has since relocated quite far away, but we always pick up like no time has passed. This is common in most of my friendships, actually. Space & time don't affect the connection.

The other people I'm very close with/have deep trust in are [in no particular order] - INTJ, a couple ISTP's, ENTP, ENFP, INFP, ISFP. Some are local, others live farther away. All of the connections add something different & special to my life. Hopefully I add to theirs, in kind.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most of my friends are ISTJ. I also have two good friends who are ISFJ and INTJ (though she acts like an ESFP). And of course, I have countless good online friends of a wide variety of types.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
ISFP.

...huh. My exact opposite.

I have thought if murdering him with a shovel.

giorgos.pyros

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't have best friends, only good friends... a really good friend of mine is an ENTP. Also ESFP, xNTP, ESTP and more... :blush:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP. 100 per cent sure I precise. No one can hope becoming a friend of mine without doing the mbti test :gleam:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to confess I'm not really sure of her type. I've considered ESFP, ENFJ and ESFJ :shrug: but I guess ESFP is the closest fit for her.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
an intj, an esfj, and an entp (female, female, and male respectively)... the intj and esfj are a constant for over a decade, while others have held the place the entp currently does during different parts of my life (aka lived other places)... it is rare for me to enjoy spending time with esfj's, but i can honestly say very few people have put the same level of effort into maintaining a friendship with me... i have known her for about 17-18 years now... the intj lives in europe/africa (has a house in both)... she has visited me in the states, but i haven't been to see her yet... she is always very sweet and encouraging...we have known eachother for about 15 years now... the entp is a prior roommate... we take turns helping eachother when life is hard... he is my go to when i need a drinking buddy, or to forget about my bullshit concerns for the day... we have known eachother about 3 years now...

helbert

MBTI Type
INTJ
My best friends have changed throughout the years but they have always been INFPs.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENFP 793 so/sx

Shes more extroverted than I am- but not super duper extraverted. It works out.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
We don't ever really do anything together, but the one I connect with the easiest who truly "gets" me is an INFP.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
MY best friend is an INTJ. I suggest everyone go out into the world today and find one :smile:

kpxiong

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Never really considered any of my good friends a best friend (or even best friends) or used the word until college. I met this girl during a cultural organization event and we clicked instantly through humor. Later found out we had very similar ways of thinking and preferences. Our university offers a class (that I took) and a test regarding MBTI. I mentioned it once and that's when I found out she was also an INFJ. I consider her and call her my best friend. Besides my family members, she makes me feel not so alone when I am not visiting home. She is family to me. She is me lol :wubbie:

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP (also known as INTJ with ADHD)

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTJ/ENFJ friend tied (male) - also they got mild autism like me

INFP/INFJ friend tied (female)

I don't have a clear sense of a "most favorite" really.