• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] What's Your Best Friend's MBTI Type?

Digital Lion

ENTP, ENFJ, ESTP and ISFP--they all work my goddamned nerves in different ways but I love those bastards.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP

(I forget if I posted here before, :shrug:)

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My best friends are INFJ and INTJ, they're great.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
My best friend is an ISTJ. As one might imagine, a friendship between an INTJ and an ISTJ isn't exactly warm and fuzzy. I guess I haven't intellectualized it very much but I would almost call our friendship "transactional", where we trade ideas, information and observations. It's probably inaccurate to categorize it as "personal" because we have very little small talk (as is probably typical from our types, I guess) but instead gravitate toward issues of greater substance.

I suppose one reason I enjoy the relationship is because we have some similar interests and views. Different enough to have conversations but not so different that we have nothing at all in common.

A good example of what I mean is politics. I get the idea that one of us would identify as "conservative" while the other is more "independent". But the interesting thing is that we have broad agreement on policy. We might differ in approach or extent but there's not very much daylight between us in the big picture.

One issue between us is the matter of Authority. There's this really idiotic notion out there that INTJ's are rebellious for rebellion's sake. That's simply not true. What INTJ's (or I, at least) struggle with is arbitrary Authority. Regulations by rote are meaningless. But rules which exist for a beneficial purpose and which offer demonstrable positive results are to be embraced, even championed. That's my attitude.

My friend, however, is more skeptical of Authority. It must constantly demonstrate its value based on the presumption that its not actually necessary in the great majority of cases. Honestly, matters of Authority are probably our biggest area of disagreement.

The relationship is rewarding in that my concepts are challenged by him while (I speculate) his concepts are either rejected or refined by me. In simpler terms, I tend to analyze the what while he's more preoccupied with the how. So the sifting process which takes place is probably mutually beneficial. I imagine our friendship looks quite strange to Feeling types though.

I’m changing my earlier assessment having a better understanding now. I think he’s an INTJ. We’re an odd duo as friends. He’s very dry and serious, not apt to show strong emotions of any kind. He can remain legendarily calm even in an argument while I’m turning red. He has known me since junior high. We do share a lot of interests. Like a lot of men, we can sit for hours and not say but two words to one another, occasionally sharing a laugh at something.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP and INTJ.

+ ENFJ and ISTJ

Each one knows distinct parts of me.

ENFJ can see through my emotional BS the best
ISTJ grounds me
ISFP takes me on adventures
INTJ is a good brainstorming partner

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those I am closest to and my longest-standing friendships as an adult are with an IxTJ, INFJ, IxxJ, and xxTJ, who I stay in touch with or see once every month or two. Oh, and an INFP, but that is a very...unique thing... and it's really more of a lifelong sporadic penpal type friendship. People I would still be hanging out with / keeping in touch with regularly, but who I was only beginning to build friendships with prior to moving about a decade ago, were INFJ and ISFJ.

My closest friends in childhood from late grade school onwards were INTP and xNFP, but people drift apart with time / lives go in different directions. I've seen the INTP though a few times as an adult, and the xNFP a few times as well.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have an INFJ that is a good friend to me.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
ISFP and INFP.

They keep me from being bored I am constantly on their heels reminding them that acting upon their immediate emotions ( ussually anger) is a bad idea.

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have two best friends, my female best friend is ISFJ 926 sp/so and my male best friend is ISFP 793 sx/so.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My best friend from high school is an ENTP meme. I actually guessed his type, and he confirmed it! Yeah, he's definitely an extrovert. He sends lots of memes, loves to play DND, is a bit of a rebel(jumped out the window during a fire drill once), and loves science. He's cheeky, but will listen to your problems.

Can I guess though? I think my best friend at college is an INFJ or an ENFJ. He seems to be J dichotomy wise, and will also listen to your problems. He's a little more on the quiet side, but he leads a school club and has a good circle of friends. Plus, he seems to have a well developed Se. He's very crafty, enjoys skiing, gardening, hiking, that sort of stuff.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My four best friends' types are:
ISFJ
ESFJ
ENFJ
ISFJ (again)

Tengri

My oldest childhood friend is most likely an ISTP, just based on his overall behavior, attitudes, and life choices. (After high school, he joined the Marines and went to fight the war on terror, while I joined the hippie corps to fight the war on nature) Two other close male friends are related to each other, one possibly an INTP and the other a textbook ESFJ. The couples I'm close to now are mixed bag of work friends (ambiverts and extroverts) and my ex's social circle (lots of introvert-extrovert pairings).

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have a best friend, but if I had to say a friend. INTJ maybe.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESFJ, ENFJ and INFP. The ESFJ is a quite stable and responsible guy. He loves fishing and cooking and just the crafty stuff in general. Sometimes he annoys me, when I'm talking about a concept or theory, and he doesn't really get those kinda things. But that's okay. And I try not to talk too much about that when we're together, also because he doesn't care too much about theoretical stuff anyway and I don't wanna bore him. Sometimes he teases me in a friendly manner, kinda like an older brother would do to his sister. I usually get back at him for that sooner or later and that can be pretty funny.

The INFP is a bit of an intense person. We have really interesting conversations together and they can go on and on for hours at times. She's also my diet-guru in a way, because she knows so much about healthy eating. I admire how disciplined she is in that regard. She really likes dark humor, and we often end up creating cynical jokes together for some reason.

The ENFJ is the one I spend the most time with. We're sharing everything with each other and somehow we never run out of material to talk about. From the small every-day things to bigger events. She can be a bit bitchy sometimes, but I've known her for a long time now and know she doesn't do it with any ill intent. We've never gotten into a fight ever, as of yet.

Dan the INFP man

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Best friends are both female (1)INTJ and (1)INFP
Male friends are mostly colleagues and INTPs