User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by that's not my name View Post
    This is why typing should be based on function stack and function stack alone.
    likte that famus song, stack my bitch up

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

What is your attachment style?

I can't say with any certainty that ISFP exists or doesn't exist anymore than I can with any of the types but the system seems to me to be useful and have reasonable accuracy. I have a friend whom I believe is ISFP. She is very reserved, a huge admirer of the arts although not artistic at all herself. She is very athletic. She is shy, reserved and soft looking on the surface and she is also very gentle and sweet but there is a strength to her both emotionally and definitely physically. I can see how she is similar in some ways to my INFP son. Similar but also different.

Introversion is definitely a real thing and do not confuse it with shyness. An introvert or extrovert can be shy although it seems to be more associated with introverts. An introvert raised by extroverts will probably be more overwhelmed and stressed, which might lead to some types of anxiety or shyness as they may be pressed to do things outside of their comfort zone and this may or may not be a growth experience for them.

If you are doubting ISFP because you doubt the validity of introversion you'd also have to doubt all of the other I-types. If so, how would you explain people who prefer more alone time, quieter activities, solitary or one-on-one situations as opposed to large groups, boisterous experiences and a frequent need to go out, do things with people and be around people?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp

I'm new to this site, but not to typology.. and I'm really confused. Can someone explain what is going on in this thread? How one earth could ISFP not be a real type? It's just as real as any other of the 16 types.

I know several ISFPs and they are not "Just" any of things mentioned in the OP. They all have lots of talents, having to do with Se, mainly. They are extremely friendly and easy to talk to, and they are very much in touch with their senses and the world around them. They also tend to like reading and more introverted activities. Laziness is definitely one of their weak points, but they can sometimes get really into their favorite activities.

I wanna fcken feel right Numbly Aware's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post

Anxious
    One step ahead from yesterday~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Anxious/Ambivalent
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"
    468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

What makes me ISFP is that this thread concept is my favorite on the entire site. Not a joke.

ISFP
    4w5 1w2 7w6 sx/so
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

This is hilarious. I've heard people insult ISFPs for not having a presence, but this really takes the cake. Michael Jackson was ISFP. That's all the proof I need to know that they not only exist, but are awesome.

Anxious/ambivert.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

I'm an introvert and I was never pushed to not assert myself. One thing I don't have in common with my type is that I like my family.
    Likes awbro liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I get my concept of this stuff from the source, Jung, and my kid has always been obviously (to me) an ISFP. He took the test at school and got INTP. My husband is obviously (to me) an ESFP. He took the test and got INFP.

I don't think most of the tests are designed for Se/Fi users. Dichotomy tests strike me as being more S=Si and F=Fe. XSXPs, with their relationship to Ni, I think can seem pretty N-ish to themselves, just as I, with my Te, can seem unemotional to others (while internally being quite feely).

For all reasons, cognitive function pairs are where it's at, and especially as you age, your lesser halves of the functions develop, thereby making the whole N vs S, T vs F business kind of silly.