• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Am i an infj or other?

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I've been reading a lot in this forum about mbti types and I found it interesting so I want to join.
I've been struggling in finding my mbti type. At the beggining I thought I may be an isfp because I used to draw a lot and my favorite subject in school was art so that sounds like isfp since they are called the artist.
Now I am stuck in between infj or isfj and I'll write down my characteristics below so you guys can help me out.

1) I've always felt left out or an outsider especially when having to form groups in college classes. I've noticed that they rather talk to the other people rather than with me. And I think it happenes this because I have some social anxiety.

2) I became very introspective lately and inspired to getting to know more about myself. When I went through depression, I remember that I start questioning who I am, what's the meaning of life. At those times, I withdrawn and isolated myself from the world and people. Staying at my house and just wanted to reflect and think. And searching on Internet for informations that could help me to understand why am I going through this and whether I am the only one. I've read that when sensors are depressed or sad, instead they try to do things to get distracted from their current emotions and feelings. But I don't rather do that, I rather to find out why and how to cope with this feelings I felt at that time. I can get really anxious if I just ignore my feelings and just move on and forget about it.

3) I have a desire to help to change the world into a better future. I can't stand doing something that won't promote some change. For example, I don't like the capitalism system that we all are in. Going back to when I was younger, I used to question what's the worth of working or people working just to for money. Or like billions of robots (people) working their ass off because the system says so or if you don't you won't survive. My point is I wish that society focus more on protecting the planet earth and be more open minded about the consequences that will affect them , affect others,affect the next generation and the earth.

4) I've been struggling to know whether I'm intuitive or sensor. Reasons why think I may be a sensor it's that:

-I love pretty, shiny things. Especially shiny clean cars. I don't know why but my eyes just can't stop looking at them. Lol

when I was a kid , I used to have a blanket that is very soft and I use it for sleep and if I don't have it for a night I'll make tantrums.
I love to maintain my environment clean or at least in order or otherwise it makes me feel uncomfortable and difficult to concentrate on my tasks.
Don't know what else ...

5) I have hard time to concentrate. It's hard for me to enjoy in groups because there is to much noise and information to process. I prefer one and one talk because you can concentrate on only one person and give all your attention and energy to that one person. And also deep conversation is likely to occur on one on one.

6) I don't have much hobbies. In my spare time, I rather just search for informations about subjects that I'm interested in specifically about psychology, identity such as astrology and personality , and sometimes watching videos but I rather find answers to my questions through internet.

7) I don't have many friends because I don't make the effort in keeping them.It is easy for me to have acquaintances but further than that, not very much. I just rather be by myself because I've been hurt before. Like I've always felt no matter how nice i look or interested in them, I just don't get their attention and care. Or the way I expected them to behave. Maybe I have too high expectations of others and of myself. Because I'm a very highly sensitive and emotional person so even small little actions that aren't meant to be mean could affect me. But now I learn not to care much about other people. I became very emotionally cold and detached towards them as if they were going to hurt me again if I open too much about myself.

8) oh, I forgot. Another reason I think I'm may be a sensor is because physical attractiveness is important for me especially in a partner. To be honest, I've never had a boyfriend and I'm almost 21 years old. Even though I had many chances before even todays but their physical isn't enough for me to feel an attraction to them. I know it sounds really bad to be so superficious but I can't help it.

9) I'm task oriented but I don't make lists. I rather make list in my mind than write them down. Especially if the list is short. I'm not very flexible and don't like if someone disrupt my plan nor I like surprises except good ones lol. Like for example if my house is untidy and a surprise visitor comes in, I get kind of uncomfortable. But sometimes I tend to procrastinate especially when I feel down and unmotivated.

10) I love animals and I think all animals should be treated equally. I'm currently vegan or vegetarian

11) I love dancing especially hip hop. Enjoy pop music and hip hop when I'm in the mood and happy but when I'm feeling down I listen to sad to calm music or celtic and inspiring musics.

Extras:

-I took that test and many others. The silly part is when I took it, I got INFP. I took it again and again, still the same thing. And when I read the description of infp, I can relate with it and thought that I was an infp because I believe I am a dreamer but also a doer. I value authenticity. I hate when people fake themselves just to gain approval from others so I rather be true to myself and not caring about trying to fit in because it isn't worth it. But what I don't think I'm an infp is because I don't like poetry nor using analogies. My speaking is usually quiet straight or blunt and not like infps. And I believe they dream way too high up in the clouds like unicorns or castles or about unrealistic stuffs but I don't. I dream about like for example my goal is to be a psychiatrist and then I start dreaming about my success, almost like a heroe like and have inspiring musics playing in the background while thinking about my future. And it makes my future looks so inspiring. I use them as a motivation and aspiration to keep me going til reaching that precious goal.

-About that infjs have an ideal world view and when their views are clashed with the reality ones makes them stressed, I totally understand it. Like when I dream a goal, I feel so happy and so motivated but when it is to plan how to make it in reality, I became unmotivated because I don't know where and how to start from. The reality sometimes is so unfair. I used to think that the reality is so boring and I rather live inside my mind because is so much stimulating.

-I am not always satisfied with a single information. I always crave for more until I fully grasp them. I'm very curious and I always have questions after questions when I read something but it has to be something that I'm interested in otherwise I don't care.

-About whether I use SI or NI, I have hard time remembering the past. I don't even remember most of my childhood lol! If I do, that's because I think hard to remember them. I realize that if I smell a smell which is the same or similar of the smell in my past, then an immediately picture pops out in my mind like an "aha" moment but can't remember every detail of it. The picture is kind of blurry but I do remember the feelings and emotions. Also, another reason why that I don't remember the past is because I think isn't worth to remember, like the past is the past so why keep thinking about it.

- When I was in my high school years, I've been called many times about how nice i am. But also I've been called weird in a sense that my behavior is weird not my ideas. I was kind of socially awkward at those times. Now that I remember, I used to be an outcast in those years. Nobody actually wanted to play with me. I've always been alone during school breaks. And people didn't want me to join in their groups because I don't really know... maybe I was weird or something. So I decided to learn how to be "normal" as them. Trying to mimicking their behaviors and faking my true self so to be accepted and liked. And it worked but it didn't last long because it was exhausting to pretend someone you aren't and tiring to pretend you are happy and exciting and funny all the days.

-I used to love people and socializing with them because I love making them smile and seeing them laugh of my humor and just talking with them energizes me.
I do not consider a people magnet or that people like me and that's because maybe I'm not fun enough nor exciting like other people of my age since I don't go out frequently like going to bars or clubs. I think they like to be with people with more sensory experienced stuffs but since I don't join in those then we hardly have things in common.

-And last but not least, thrilling physical experiences... hmm.. I don't like fast cars and maybe that's because I'm a girl .. I don't know. I used to exercise a lot not because I like how it feels or something. I did it because I want to enhance my physical attractiveness. And I'm pretty strict dieter back in those days and still am.
I mean experience is nice but I am not really that much energetic to do those stuffs frequently. But of course I do have my crazy moments but then not going out for months later lol. That's has to do with being introverted. Lol

I'm going to stop till here cause I've written too much and don't want to overwhelm you guys.
Guys , help me please. If you think I'm such or such type please leave some explanations with cognitive fuction for me to better understand myself.
Thanks alot!! ������������

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) I've always felt left out or an outsider especially when having to form groups in college classes. I've noticed that they rather talk to the other people rather than with me. And I think it happenes this because I have some social anxiety.

:notype:

2) I became very introspective lately and inspired to getting to know more about myself. When I went through depression, I remember that I start questioning who I am, what's the meaning of life. At those times, I withdrawn and isolated myself from the world and people. Staying at my house and just wanted to reflect and think. And searching on Internet for informations that could help me to understand why am I going through this and whether I am the only one. I've read that when sensors are depressed or sad, instead they try to do things to get distracted from their current emotions and feelings. But I don't rather do that, I rather to find out why and how to cope with this feelings I felt at that time. I can get really anxious if I just ignore my feelings and just move on and forget about it.

:notype: , but please seek counseling for your depression for your own sake.

3) I have a desire to help to change the world into a better future. I can't stand doing something that won't promote some change. For example, I don't like the capitalism system that we all are in. Going back to when I was younger, I used to question what's the worth of working or people working just to for money. Or like billions of robots (people) working their ass off because the system says so or if you don't you won't survive. My point is I wish that society focus more on protecting the planet earth and be more open minded about the consequences that will affect them , affect others,affect the next generation and the earth.

This sounds like tert-Fi worldviews. IxTJ?
It could also serve as your dom or aux, which could lead to you being the following: INFP & ISFP (Fi-dom) or ENFP & ESFP.

4) I've been struggling to know whether I'm intuitive or sensor. Reasons why think I may be a sensor it's that:

-I love pretty, shiny things. Especially shiny clean cars. I don't know why but my eyes just can't stop looking at them. Lol

when I was a kid , I used to have a blanket that is very soft and I use it for sleep and if I don't have it for a night I'll make tantrums.
I love to maintain my environment clean or at least in order or otherwise it makes me feel uncomfortable and difficult to concentrate on my tasks.
Don't know what else ...

This sounds like Aux-Se, which, combined with my suspicion of your Fi-worldview, makes me see you as an ISFP, perhaps.
Maybe your first self-typing diagnosis is correct?

5) I have hard time to concentrate. It's hard for me to enjoy in groups because there is to much noise and information to process. I prefer one and one talk because you can concentrate on only one person and give all your attention and energy to that one person. And also deep conversation is likely to occur on one on one.

Introvert. I hate large and rowdy crowds myself, also. It gives me a sense of overload after a while and I burn out.

6) I don't have much hobbies. In my spare time, I rather just search for informations about subjects that I'm interested in specifically about psychology, identity such as astrology and personality , and sometimes watching videos but I rather find answers to my questions through internet.

:notype: , I think any type would be interested in any kind of hobbies, it doesn't really tell you the person's MBTI type. Not all ISTPs are into fixing cars, not all ENTPs are into conning money out of people.

7) I don't have many friends because I don't make the effort in keeping them.It is easy for me to have acquaintances but further than that, not very much. I just rather be by myself because I've been hurt before. Like I've always felt no matter how nice i look or interested in them, I just don't get their attention and care. Or the way I expected them to behave. Maybe I have too high expectations of others and of myself. Because I'm a very highly sensitive and emotional person so even small little actions that aren't meant to be mean could affect me. But now I learn not to care much about other people. I became very emotionally cold and detached towards them as if they were going to hurt me again if I open too much about myself.

:notype: , and I'm sorry you're going through rough times. Being young can suck a bunch!
The high expectations and sensitive talking, though, definitely seems a Fi thing to me.

8) oh, I forgot. Another reason I think I'm may be a sensor is because physical attractiveness is important for me especially in a partner. To be honest, I've never had a boyfriend and I'm almost 21 years old. Even though I had many chances before even todays but their physical isn't enough for me to feel an attraction to them. I know it sounds really bad to be so superficious but I can't help it.

This is insane, lmao, I just got back from another person's thread about her shallow ISFP friend. Not that I'm saying ISFPs are shallow, mind you. I think ISFP (And to some degree, ISFJs) are very aware of beauty and physical attractiveness in a mate. Although any type can be superficial, I think.

Let me ask you this: When it comes to looking at an attractive person, do you focus on the details of why they're beautiful (the exact color of their eyes, for example), or for the semi ambigious reasonings such as "the warmth of their smile"?

9) I'm task oriented but I don't make lists. I rather make list in my mind than write them down. Especially if the list is short. I'm not very flexible and don't like if someone disrupt my plan nor I like surprises except good ones lol. Like for example if my house is untidy and a surprise visitor comes in, I get kind of uncomfortable. But sometimes I tend to procrastinate especially when I feel down and unmotivated.

Sensor

10) I love animals and I think all animals should be treated equally. I'm currently vegan or vegetarian

11) I love dancing especially hip hop. Enjoy pop music and hip hop when I'm in the mood and happy but when I'm feeling down I listen to sad to calm music or celtic and inspiring musics.

Extras:

-I took that test and many others. The silly part is when I took it, I got INFP. I took it again and again, still the same thing. And when I read the description of infp, I can relate with it and thought that I was an infp because I believe I am a dreamer but also a doer. I value authenticity. I hate when people fake themselves just to gain approval from others so I rather be true to myself and not caring about trying to fit in because it isn't worth it. But what I don't think I'm an infp is because I don't like poetry nor using analogies. My speaking is usually quiet straight or blunt and not like infps. And I believe they dream way too high up in the clouds like unicorns or castles or about unrealistic stuffs but I don't. I dream about like for example my goal is to be a psychiatrist and then I start dreaming about my success, almost like a heroe like and have inspiring musics playing in the background while thinking about my future. And it makes my future looks so inspiring. I use them as a motivation and aspiration to keep me going til reaching that precious goal.

Now I'm becoming convinced that you are an ISFP.

-About that infjs have an ideal world view and when their views are clashed with the reality ones makes them stressed, I totally understand it. Like when I dream a goal, I feel so happy and so motivated but when it is to plan how to make it in reality, I became unmotivated because I don't know where and how to start from. The reality sometimes is so unfair. I used to think that the reality is so boring and I rather live inside my mind because is so much stimulating.

You becoming unmotivated due to being confused on where and how to start sounds like inferior Te to me, so IxFP, though I'm definitely leaning ISFP for you. Sometimes tests suck and don't really pay attention to the individual's function stackings and how they work, which is important for the final diagnosis.

-I am not always satisfied with a single information. I always crave for more until I fully grasp them. I'm very curious and I always have questions after questions when I read something but it has to be something that I'm interested in otherwise I don't care.

This sounds like an introvert thing, we are always craving for more knowledge, whether its for practical uses or for thereotical pleasure.

-About whether I use SI or NI, I have hard time remembering the past. I don't even remember most of my childhood lol! If I do, that's because I think hard to remember them. I realize that if I smell a smell which is the same or similar of the smell in my past, then an immediately picture pops out in my mind like an "aha" moment but can't remember every detail of it. The picture is kind of blurry but I do remember the feelings and emotions. Also, another reason why that I don't remember the past is because I think isn't worth to remember, like the past is the past so why keep thinking about it.

Si is basically the cognitive function for people to use when they must recall specific details and relate it back to the present moment. Ni is the same, but through intuitive patterns that they've received in the past and then relate it to the present/future. I think you use Ni, but not as a dominant function, so INFJ/INTJ is out for you. Does the following sound like you:

Tertiary Introverted Intuition

As a tertiary function, Ni manifests as the desire to optimize or perfect upon one’s pre-existing talents or skills.

The tertiary-Ni monologue: “How can I improve upon – or even perfect – the approach that I regularly take toward my main passion or interest?”

?

- When I was in my high school years, I've been called many times about how nice i am. But also I've been called weird in a sense that my behavior is weird not my ideas. I was kind of socially awkward at those times. Now that I remember, I used to be an outcast in those years. Nobody actually wanted to play with me. I've always been alone during school breaks. And people didn't want me to join in their groups because I don't really know... maybe I was weird or something. So I decided to learn how to be "normal" as them. Trying to mimicking their behaviors and faking my true self so to be accepted and liked. And it worked but it didn't last long because it was exhausting to pretend someone you aren't and tiring to pretend you are happy and exciting and funny all the days.

High school sucks. The last sentence about you feeling exhausted for pretending and faking your way sounds like another Fi value, since Fi rejects the superficial and fakery.

-I used to love people and socializing with them because I love making them smile and seeing them laugh of my humor and just talking with them energizes me.
I do not consider a people magnet or that people like me and that's because maybe I'm not fun enough nor exciting like other people of my age since I don't go out frequently like going to bars or clubs. I think they like to be with people with more sensory experienced stuffs but since I don't join in those then we hardly have things in common.

-And last but not least, thrilling physical experiences... hmm.. I don't like fast cars and maybe that's because I'm a girl .. I don't know. I used to exercise a lot not because I like how it feels or something. I did it because I want to enhance my physical attractiveness. And I'm pretty strict dieter back in those days and still am.

Kind of not type related, since any type do tend to care how they appear to others.

I mean experience is nice but I am not really that much energetic to do those stuffs frequently. But of course I do have my crazy moments but then not going out for months later lol. That's has to do with being introverted. Lol

I'm going to stop till here cause I've written too much and don't want to overwhelm you guys.
Guys , help me please. If you think I'm such or such type please leave some explanations with cognitive fuction for me to better understand myself.
Thanks alot!! ������������

Final diagnosis: ISFP.
You miiiiight be an INFP.

Best advice is to read up on the cognitive functions.
Here's one cool article.

Best of luck!