• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Intelligence – Intuitives vs Sensors

Starry

Dumb people are too dumb to prove their lack of intelligence, unfortunately

We could always choose a type that neither you nor I belong to and make fun of them...
That would certainly prove our lack of intelligence. #endignorancenowwithignorance

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We could always choose a type that neither you nor I belong to and make fun of them...
That would certainly prove our lack of intelligence.

But why would we do that when I could just martyr myself to death instead
I'll be the dumbest so that no one else has to be
I'll be the Madoka Kaname of TypologyCentral

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
That would certainly prove our lack of intelligence. #endignorancenowwithignorance

I see absolutely no problems with this plan whatsoever. Brilliant!

But why would we do that when I could just martyr myself to death instead
I'll be the dumbest so that no one else has to be
I'll be the Madoka Kaname of TypologyCentral

pls no u r isfjing urself 2 death

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
pls no u r isfjing urself 2 death

WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEING AN ISFJ IF YOU DONT DIE OF MARTYRDOM THOUGH???????????????

IT'S LIKE BEING A BIRTHDAY CANDLE THAT IS NEVER BLOWN OUT
A CHAIR THAT NO ONE EVER SITS IN
A DOORMAT THAT NO ONE EVER WIPES THEIR FEET ON

I HAVE TO LIVE OUT MY LIFE'S PURPOSE

Starry

If people only knew how bullshit IQ is and frankly statistics and/or correlative data in general. It's all about manipulation. You can get anything to say anything.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEING AN ISFJ IF YOU DONT DIE OF MARTYRDOM THOUGH???????????????

IT'S LIKE BEING A BIRTHDAY CANDLE THAT IS NEVER BLOWN OUT
A CHAIR THAT NO ONE EVER SITS IN
A DOORMAT THAT NO ONE EVER WIPES THEIR FEET ON

I HAVE TO LIVE OUT MY LIFE'S PURPOSE

wen u finally realize ur purpose in life as an isfj:

dXUAWGD.png

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is just the thread to place a thought (NO REALLY) that I just had.

Intuitive fuck: 0MG HAO DOEZ ENNEAGRAWK 7 mANIFESF IN ESxP WHEN THEY DUMB SNEOSR DON'T THINK AND 7 HEAD THPE LOL???

^yes I've seen something roughly like that for real, too

Starry

This is just the thread to place a thought (NO REALLY) that I just had.

Intuitive fuck: 0MG HAO DOEZ ENNEAGRAWK 7 mANIFESF IN ESxP WHEN THEY DUMB SNEOSR DON'T THINK AND 7 HEAD THPE LOL???

^yes I've seen something roughly like that for real, too

7 is usually considered dumb because it is an EP point. Let's talk bad about 7s and EPs to in order to seem funny and cool.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
7 is usually considered dumb because it is an EP point. Let's talk bad about 7s and EPs to in order to seem funny and cool.

With all the stereotypes about enneagram types around, I'm starting to wonder if the enneagram ever even started out deep. I know MBTI did a little until it was bastardized.

People talk about functions like it's all about how the observer perceives them when it's really about how the user uses them.

I don't even know if the shit I'm saying is legit anymore because it took a few minutes to collect my thoughts. It's late and I drank a lot today.

Starry

With all the stereotypes about enneagram types around, I'm starting to wonder if the enneagram ever even started out deep. I know MBTI did a little until it was bastardized.

People talk about functions like it's all about how the observer perceives them when it's really about how the user uses them.

I don't even know if the shit I'm saying is legit anymore because it took a few minutes to collect my thoughts. It's late and I drank a lot today.

All I know is that it's time to get low on the IQ scale.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If potential and action are both equally important then care should be given to both equally shouldn't it? No reason to dismiss the potential portion of it just because there is a discussion happening around it.

Wow, this thread petered out quickly! I agree that I don't really care how IQ applies to MBTI (or which types are more intelligent) but I do care about tools that help people recognize their potential-- specifically for people like me and [MENTION=179]iwakar[/MENTION] 's brother, who look dumb on paper due to not playing the hoop-jump, suck-up games of academia.

I've spent years being told how intelligent I am (verbally and via my writing) but what has that compliment gotten me? Um, nothing. Because money (or debt) and workaholism = academia = professional success. I'm attempting to detour from that, and it might work, but it's really hard to do. I think that's the potential value in see in intelligence testing, that it would provide opportunity for people of great potential, who don't otherwise have the socio-economic means to get there.

I do also see how it could be abused, but so could anything.

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
Wow, this thread petered out quickly!

Well problem is it seems people here cannot hold objective discussions. I'm open to ideas but comments such as "this is pointless" "this is stupid" don't add to anything. If anyone thinks a thread is pointless then don't waste time posting and just move on, period. I've tried to hold a civilized discussion by suggesting different theories of intelligence which is inclusive of all those comments, to provoke thoughts for better discussion, but most people seems insistent on taking this as is a personal attack on their worth. It is not judgmental and I have made it clear with my first post. I'm trying to talk about an aspect of life, nothing more.

I have hosted the same talk elsewhere with a much more diverse crowd of all types and received much more meaningful results so at this point I will consider this dead. I'm no longer interested.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well problem is it seems people here cannot hold objective discussions. I'm open to ideas but comments such as "this is pointless" "this is stupid" don't add to anything. If anyone thinks a thread is pointless then don't waste time posting and just move on, period. I've tried to hold a civilized discussion by suggesting different theories of intelligence which is inclusive of all those comments, to provoke thoughts for better discussion, but most people seems insistent on taking this as is a personal attack on their worth. It is not judgmental and I have made it clear with my first post. I'm trying to talk about an aspect of life, nothing more.

I have hosted the same talk elsewhere with a much more diverse crowd of all types and received much more meaningful results so at this point I will consider this dead. I'm no longer interested.

I think the ability to hold truly objective discussion is rare in most places, honestly-- beautiful and good, but not common. I have had similar experiences to what you've described, though, with people who can consider ideas without taking them personally. Heck, I have no idea what my own IQ would be, a fact that is totally separate from my curiosity about the subject at hand. It's been a very long time since I gleaned any sense of worth from a test of any kind, anyway. ;)

Thanks for trying. You can know that, in the very least, your prompt spurred one person into a flurry of research. :D

Starry

If you have already discussed these things with meaningful results what would be your motivation to have this same discussion all over again INTP? Perhaps it would be best if you remove yourself from the savages here at TypoC and return to these more civilized groups you speak of.