• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Intelligence – Intuitives vs Sensors

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
I wouldn't go by history. Those folks' types are speculative. In fact, I'd wager that there's a circular loop in many of those cases -- "Oh, Diogenes was a profound thinker, so he's probably an N." [...] "Well, Diogenes is an N, which is why he's a profound thinker." (Also, don't go for self-serving bullshit garbage like this.)

The best resources are hard stats and studies. This particular study did a cool lil' MANOVA and also clearly lays out its samples' age ranges, gender, race, etc. Lots of other studies are worth checking out. There are also nice and pretty tables/graphs out there, such as

main-qimg-825f1beea337618551121379ec6cc320

So is "Gifted" according to the Kaufman test 120?

Actually even then I'm not sure this would correspond to the numbers of people scored as gifted in normal IQ tests, but I'm feeling lazy so enh.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Do I care about someone's musical intelligence? No, I just want to hear good songs. Idgaf about your quotient.

Emotional intelligence? Just treat me right to the best you can. Thanks.

Spatial intellgience? Just make nice paintings or help people out with models for science or business whatever.

Logical intelligence is no different, just use it on science or whatever, do something useful if it's your thing, not show it off like it's your wang and expect the sex to automatically be good because your wang is big.

I haven't listed all the different intelligences, but all that really matters how I see it is for how people express it. Because you can have the most high and brilliant but not do anything. People going to think you're an amazing and high person doing nothing with your talents?

I hope I don't need to answer that question.

Just wanted to say that this was a fantastic post. What good is intelligence, etc. if it isn't used?

Actions matter. Not just the potential for them.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just wanted to say that this was a fantastic post. What good is intelligence, etc. if it isn't used?

Thank you for those words, /DG/.

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP

If potential and action are both equally important then care should be given to both equally shouldn't it? No reason to dismiss the potential portion of it just because there is a discussion happening around it.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intelligence is a mix between remaining yourself and being able to bring the best out of yourself into your emotional, physical and intellectual environment. :sage:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is a tool to gauge how much benefit a person can potentially bring, alongside other descriptions of a person like fitness, health level, body build etc.

Right. I have a fractured heel so I don't fit at all in society that summer ! I got extended holidays thanks to a fight with my boss,

which is absolutely good to develop my Emotional quotient on the beach.

A good rebirth for everyone would be to focus on what each of us brings into his/her own life. Benefit is dead vive la révolution :uwin:

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
From my observations, sensors being more alert give them adavntage of tricking people into thinking they're more intellegent..
I know an ESFP (a family member) whom everyone used to praise how intellegent she is, although she doesn't have any special talent, didn't do well at school at all, and have below average IQ..
I can generally assume that NTs have the highest IQ, though some of them that I know have lower IQ than mine..

This. :D

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, deduction suggests intuitives are more likely to seek understanding beneath the surface and hence achieve greater understandings, which contributes to intelligence.

I don't even understand this sentence, really. "seeking understanding beneath the surface and hence achieve greater understandings".... it will bring you back to the same conclusions, though.

What is greater understanding than understanding?
You either understand or you don't. This has no context.

I've seen intuitives go layer after layer under things only to come back up for air with the same "greater understanding" that took me two seconds of observation to figure out.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I question how much of type descriptions and typical N is smarter goes towards typing and such. I first tested as INTP and i think alot of Ti gets confused as N.

I'm the spotless 4.0 grad student with honors, but my ISTP brother who barely survived high school without a criminal record consistently kicks my ass in all types of games and word puzzles. He's fucking smart. He's just bored as fuck with your (collective) tests.

Edit: He does NOT test well.

Jaguar

I've seen intuitives go layer after layer under things only to come back up for air with the same "greater understanding" that took me two seconds of observation to figure out.

Maybe it means this.
Maybe it means this.
Maybe it means this.
Maybe it means this.

You just witnessed a convo between NFPs.
I'm suddenly thinking of Alec Baldwin in a movie saying, "Maybe means dick! Fuck Maybe!" ;)

Starry

Fucking hilarious

Using stereotypes to fight stereotypes for the lose.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So is "Gifted" according to the Kaufman test 120?

Actually even then I'm not sure this would correspond to the numbers of people scored as gifted in normal IQ tests, but I'm feeling lazy so enh.

Only because I was feeling too lazy to find a proper IQ table :wink:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Look no further. I'm the dumbest of them all.