• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] I really don't like the type profiles of my own type

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok sure just let me know when you take it.
Ok I did it and I dont feel it intruded on my privacy, it specifically didn't ask where all my corpses are hidden so here it is:

1) +I envision goals and develop strategic plans to implement them effectively
-I am good at following through on tasks and commitments
2) +I’m a good negotiator and on the lookout for useful compromises
-I take pride in my ingenuity and know-how
3) +Innovative
-Empathetic
4) +Diplomatic
-Easygoin
5) +Impact
-Belonging
6) +Enthusiastic
-Patient
7) +Pragmatic
-Altruistic
8) +Strategic big picture thinking
-Concrete, down to earth everyday practical matters
9) +Putting out fires and responding to crisis
-Establishing routines and consistency
10) +I ask whether or not the thinking is right
-I often feel strongly that something is good or bad
11) +I continually evaluate what is worth believing in and what's important to me personally
-I'm more focused on the process than the outcome
12) +I want to understand the framework or set of principles being used to make a decision
-I try to understand how the group works, gets along (or doesn’t) and all of their views
13) +I try to foresee the implications and likely effects
-I notice patterns as they surface and trust they will go somewhere
14) +I come up with new ways of seeing things
-I have a good memory and I compare and contrast situations in the present with what happened in the past
15) +When solving problems, I frequently have an "aha" moment which seems to come out of nowhere
-I seek out people and situations that excite strong sensations
16) +I like to organize things, bring structure and am good at developing a plan
-I'm more focused on what's going on right now than what's going to happen in the future
17) +I think about the present and how it affects the future
-I focus on others needs and take on their needs or values as my own
18) +I wonder what else is possible
-I stay in touch with what I want, what motivates me and what is good
19) +I'm good at synthesizing a lot of information, understanding complex patterns and arriving at insights
-I tend towards being a little idealistic and am not always willing to make compromises
20) +I assess incongruities of behavior of individuals with self (i.e. are they authentic)
-I often think, "What does this remind me of?"
21) +I fine tune a definition or concept to support a theory, framework or perspective
-I rely on processes that consistently work
Most like me
22) +I come up with new ideas or perspectives by synthesizing various opposing points of view
-There are always comparisons to be made and if it's familiar, I tend to trust it
23) +If I get a new insight, it energizes me
-I need to be true to who I am
24) +I'm good at picking up at emerging patterns
-I envision solutions to problems that others haven't yet recognized
25) +I grasp what is going on behind the scenes and under the surface
-I don't just live in the present moment, I'm part of it
26) +I stay objective when making difficult decisions
-The subjective idea is more important than new facts or opinions
27) +I decide what course of action is most amenable to the intended goal while maintaining my own sense of personal integrity
-I categorize and classify information within an overall system
28) +I consider possibilities that I may or may not act on
-I focus on possibilities for action
29) +I construct an argument to convince others using evidence that is clearly in front of everyone
-I focus on facts and tend to be literal

Result

Your personality type most closely matches that of Rational

Based on the answers you have provided to the questions, we are somewhat confident that your four letter type is

INTJ

The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
Ni > Ne > Te > Ti > Fi > Fe > Se > Si

Personality Results – Typologycentral Keirsey and Jung Test

Edit: Six months has passed since the Op. Since then I've engaged in studying. I've studied C++ programming, windows programming, music production, AV production, graphics programming and some other minor topics. The experience has surely altered my scores.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok I did it and I dont feel it intruded on my privacy, it specifically didn't ask where all my corpses are hidden so here it is:

Your personality type most closely matches that of Rational

Based on the answers you have provided to the questions, we are somewhat confident that your four letter type is

INTJ

The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
Ni > Ne > Te > Ti > Fi > Fe > Se > Si

Your raw scores are as follows:
NF=0;NT=2;SP=2;SJ=-4

Te=2;Ti=1;Fe=-2;Fi=-1;Ne=3;Ni=6;Se=-4;Si=-5

You're tied on SP and NT making it likely you are one of those two

T = 3
F = -3
N = 9
S = -9

Based on those totals, you appear to be an intuitive thinker which is consistent with NT - meaning it's narrowed down to NTJ or NTP. It looks like intuition is a stronger preference than thinking making me think you are probably an INTJ or ENTP. Ni (6) > Ne (3) and Te (2) > Ti (1), making it seem like INTJ is probably the more likely of those two. I see you self type yourself as an ENTJ. It's definitely possible but not as likely given these scores.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Your raw scores are as follows:
NF=0;NT=2;SP=2;SJ=-4

Te=2;Ti=1;Fe=-2;Fi=-1;Ne=3;Ni=6;Se=-4;Si=-5

You're tied on SP and NT making it likely you are one of those two

T = 3
F = -3
N = 9
S = -9

Based on those totals, you appear to be an intuitive thinker which is consistent with NT - meaning it's narrowed down to NTJ or NTP. It looks like intuition is a stronger preference than thinking making me think you are probably an INTJ or ENTP. Ni (6) > Ne (3) and Te (2) > Ti (1), making it seem like INTJ is probably the more likely of those two. I see you self type yourself as an ENTJ. It's definitely possible but not as likely given these scores.
Very nice analysis, thank you. I'm afraid I have a wandering personality though. I engage in whatever I do and let it envelop me. But, nonetheless, it seems good.

There's also the possibility I've neglected the INTJ result because of the common descriptions suggesting INTJ are inept with presentation. I've been in predominantly presentative professions for the most of my life with great to astonishing results. Teaching, interviewing and such. Yeah I like to be alone for a part of the day but that's it. I'm the man with some kinds of presentations. I haven't thought fitting to the *introvert* description because of that.

Edit: to make it clear, I speak really well in public occasions. People have characterized me as inspiring confidence, I know what it's all about, I know how it's done etc. I'm the one to look for in need of confidence. They've also said what kind of a speaker I am. They've said I know my stuff, I've researched, I'm knowledgeable etc. This points to the xNTx direction ok, but I'm not sure where else it points. I've thought it points to the ENTx direction.

Edit2: I just read an INTJ description, and contrary to my expectations, it didn't portray INTJs as verbally incompetent, quite the contrary. I have suddenly much less opposition to the idea of being of this type.

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I disliked them to the extent I went on a 8-year long denial of being of that type. ENTP. Crazy inventors, incoherent. Unable to plan. Flickering at every time. Overexuberant. Huh, what the fuck? It goes on. Unable to behave like a person, instead arguing all the time. Unable to see the big plan as they're just joking so much they're unable to plan for anything.

To add injury to the insult, I had a friend just like that, an ENTP, who was an incarnation of a Bad Example to me.

So seeing where I'm coming from, you can see why an ENTx doesn't want to take the ENTP label. Or, can you? Can you not?

Ideas, please.

We are both here for quite some time on this forum I always though that you were ENTP, regardless of what type you present. Especially since I don't see almost any NTJ steamrolling in you and you are always nice in analitical. So ok, you are not ultra random as ENTP profiles say but that doesn't make some other type.