• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] INTJ or ESTJ?

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I know it sounds like a dumb question considering the great disparities between these two types but I really don't know which one of these two - ESTJ or INTJ - I happen to be. The more I research about both these types, the.more I realise I have a lot in common with them, but there also are.a.femissing links with both types.

On one hand, I'm very strategic, plan things way ahead of their time.I already have my whole life planned. I also feel my head is a big Pandora's box, with complex conclusions and countless.ideas normal people would take several dozens of minutes to jump to just popping in and out of my mind all in a second. More importantly, supporting the idea that I am an INTJ, people regard me as a genius, a mastermind of superior intellect even though I feel I am just doing what everyone else should. It's not like I'm smart, others are just dumb to keep up with me. Clearly, I'm arrogant too and full off myself. Lastly.l, I do buy that "there's always more to be improved" INTJ mentality.

On the other hand, the things that make me.feel like an ESTJ are greatly from my passion for order, stability, conservative and family values, following the law, etc. I'm the kind of person who will not cross the street until the light is green. I'm also good at being the lead in a work environment, pointing out what must be done, by who and how. Of course I exceed at getting things done as.well,.as.for I hate excuse makers and I tend to have great willpower to achieve whatever. In terms.of ESTJ mentality, I also love material things like cars, houses,. No ney, and really want to settle down some time. That, my unquestionable feeling of havinv the duty to obey authority and how very down to earth I am. Basically, I could be an ESTJ rather than an INTJ because I don't think social traditions should be questioned.

I think that's basically it. For granted, I know I definitely am NOT a ENTP, ISFJ, ESFJ, INFJ, INFP, ENFJ, ENFP, ISFP or ESFP.
I relate a little to ESTPs and Intps, and even more.to ENTJs because I do sometimes feel I should conquer the world and show history my might, but for the most part, I identify as either INTJ of ESTJ.

Last details about myself are that I really want mylifeplans to succeed, I enjoy geopolitics as a hobbybecause thereare always so many possibilities invvolved, its a cold business and so on. Ihate excuse makers and sentimentalists with passion, think peoplecan be and achieve whatever they want, as.long as they fight hard for it, and somehow I do very well at debates even though sometimes I defend stances that I reckon are wrong.

So. What do you think? What type am I? ESTJ,INTJ or something else? More importantly, what can I do to find out mysel? Thanks for everything ,I guess. And sorry about grammar mistakes,I am on the.phone, ehehehe >:).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You sound far more like an ESTJ than INTJ.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Hm, I think you're confusing intelligence and MBTI in some of this. You can be an intelligent ESTJ, you know? I would look into the cognitive functions if you're confused. Personally, though, I see more Si than Ni. Or, if you're more in to dichotomies, focus on the I/E and S/N letters individually to help break it down some.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What happened to the ENTJ possibility?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What happened to the ENTJ possibility?

On the other hand, the things that make me.feel like an ESTJ are greatly from my passion for order, stability, conservative and family values, following the law, etc. I'm the kind of person who will not cross the street until the light is green. I'm also good at being the lead in a work environment, pointing out what must be done, by who and how. Of course I exceed at getting things done as.well,.as.for I hate excuse makers and I tend to have great willpower to achieve whatever. In terms.of ESTJ mentality, I also love material things like cars, houses,. No ney, and really want to settle down some time. That, my unquestionable feeling of havinv the duty to obey authority and how very down to earth I am. Basically, I could be an ESTJ rather than an INTJ because I don't think social traditions should be questioned.

The bolded are not ENTJ, not INTJ, not NT at all. Not cross the street till the light is green and social traditions should not be questioned? That's as SJ as it gets.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going with ESTJ.

Superior intellect =/= INTJ. The "mastermind" thing is more to do with style of thinking (plus biased word choice), and less to do with intelligence.

Welcome to the forum, btw. Nice to see more ESTJs around here. I remember back in the day when I was the only one...

Pinina

MBTI Type
ESTJ
The bolded are not ENTJ, not INTJ, not NT at all. Not cross the street till the light is green and social traditions should not be questioned? That's as SJ as it gets.

No, that's not SJ. That's stupidity.

Pinina

MBTI Type
ESTJ
That's entirely stereotypical SJ behaviorist. Go read the OP.

Yea, I read the OP. Obvious ESTJ.
Though not for those reasons.

I also feel my head is a big Pandora's box, with complex conclusions and countless.ideas normal people would take several dozens of minutes to jump to just popping in and out of my mind all in a second.
Clear Ne, for example.

I do buy that "there's always more to be improved" INTJ mentality.
Te, not INTJ.

If we take a look at what he describes as an ESTJ:

Red is all Te, or ExTJ, and not particularly ESTJ.
Green could be Si-Fe, but most likely not type-related.
Blue is not type-related. Yes, it's generally attributed to SJs. If we take a look at the source of this, David Keirsey and PUMII, he is heavily biased towards NT, and against SJ. Isn't it surprising that he heavily bias his work towards his own temperament, and find the biggest one to bash all the attributes people don't like with other people? (That is exaggerated, I know, but you get my point.)

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I doubt you're an INTJ. You have some wicked SJ qualities, haha:D ESTJ